Re-Nerf the AP mines.

Comments

• Pelliy
    2073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    It’s easy to get kills with two AP mines placed together.
    So you guys are still gonna die to them after the “return to before”-nerf happens.
    Cry me a river.

Good, so why are you complaining then? When it the nerfs happens you should be equally satisfied to use it as the way it was before. Right? :)
  • Art3misJinx
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    If you rush, you get punished for that. Seems fair to me.

Found the guy sitting at the back with a sniper or in the corner with an mg.
    Punishing players for being aggressive is a stupid thing in my opinion, especially in a game that heavily promotes camping as Battlefield V does.
    AP mines are fine. Typical knee jerk reaction to call for a nerf.

Check your environment, otherwise it's your own fault.

Why am I not surprised the guy who camps as support with ap mines and selflessly abuses the ammo crate to get unlimited ap mines think the mines are totally fine 🤔

i have played with @llPhantom_Limbll he isnt a camper, he is a team player.

When people get upset they tend to throw assumptions based on nothing but their feelings. Just like good old hackusations.

My accusation was based on you thinking aggressive play needs to be punished in a game as camper friendly as battlefield v 🙄
  • Trokey66
    8069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Punishing players for being aggressive is a stupid thing in my opinion, especially in a game that heavily promotes camping as Battlefield V does.

Why am I not surprised the guy who camps as support with ap mines and selflessly abuses the ammo crate to get unlimited ap mines think the mines are totally fine 🤔

When people get upset they tend to throw assumptions based on nothing but their feelings. Just like good old hackusations.

My accusation was based on you thinking aggressive play needs to be punished in a game as camper friendly as battlefield v 🙄

If the aggressive player is careless and/or oblivious, then yes.
  • Art3misJinx
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Which is already super easy to do, so there's really no need for one shotting ap mines. People could place down 2 before and get the same effect.
  • Trokey66
    8069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Which is already super easy to do, so there's really no need for one shotting ap mines. People could place down 2 before and get the same effect.

Then stop being careless and/or oblivious.

If you are observant and/or wary of the threat, damage is irrelevant as you shouldn't encounter them or be able to avoid/destroy them.
  • Art3misJinx

If you are observant and/or wary of the threat, damage is irrelevant as you shouldn't encounter them or be able to avoid/destroy them.

That's about as good as argument as saying "oh just don't group up" if grenade launchers were able to one shot. ie, a bad argument. A fire and forget type of equipment shouldn't be able to one shot people. Not to mention that being able to oneshot is an insanely strong buff compared to how it was before. Before people used to be able to deny entrance through 1 entrance by placing 2 mines and kill anyone trying to enter that way. Now they can do it with 3 entrances. If people can't see how insanely strong that is, they need to remove whatever is covering their eyes.
  • Pelliy
    2073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

He said rushing.

To be fair,

Rushing=/= aggressive play

• Art3misJinx
    Pelliy wrote: »

He said rushing.

To be fair,

Not really. Sure not all aggressive play is rushing, but rushing is an aggressive play.
  • Trokey66

That's about as good as argument as saying "oh just don't group up" if grenade launchers were able to one shot. ie, a bad argument. A fire and forget type of equipment shouldn't be able to one shot people. Not to mention that being able to oneshot is an insanely strong buff compared to how it was before. Before people used to be able to deny entrance through 1 entrance by placing 2 mines and kill anyone trying to enter that way. Now they can do it with 3 entrances. If people can't see how insanely strong that is, they need to remove whatever is covering their eyes.

Oh, the irony!

• Art3misJinx

Oh, the irony!

Big yikes
  • Kattegat_Twin
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    Anyway, it's not intentional, and getting reverted - case closed; get wrecked AP mine abusers?

Like it really matters? I'm just gonna put down 2 instead of 1... You are still gonna die to mines.
  • Art3misJinx
    Anyway, it's not intentional, and getting reverted - case closed; get wrecked AP mine abusers?

Like it really matters? I'm just gonna put down 2 instead of 1... You are still gonna die to mines.

It does matter yeah. You can only have 3 mines active at once, so right now you can deny 3 places easily. As it was before you could deny 1 place and have another place where the enemy would just get weakened.
  • VOLBANKER
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4
    Good, so why are you complaining then? When it the nerfs happens you should be equally satisfied to use it as the way it was before. Right? :)
    I am equally satisfied - even with the buff, I ended up putting two next to each other to ensure the kill.
    A single mine could end up doing damage and not kill.
    So no change for me.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It does matter yeah. You can only have 3 mines active at once, so right now you can deny 3 places easily. As it was before you could deny 1 place and have another place where the enemy would just get weakened.

I'll just do what I used to do: Deny a hall or somewhere with 2 mines, and stick the other one at a health station. There's a huge chance that people going there are injured, so kills are extremely likely with just 1 (pre-buff/after-nerf) mine.
  • Pelliy

He said rushing.

To be fair,

Not really. Sure not all aggressive play is rushing, but rushing is an aggressive play.

I think you're arguing a strawman and trying to change what he means. He clearly explains in later posts.

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We obviously can't have lethal mines because it interrupts the W+M1 playstyle of assault.

"What, you mean I have to let go of the W key?!"

ActionMan.exe has stopped responding.
  • Art3misJinx

He said rushing.

To be fair,

I think you're arguing a strawman and trying to change what he means. He clearly explains in later posts.

Not really. Battlefield is infamous for camping, battlefield v is probably one of the worst in the series, so buffing gadgets that punish people for being aggressive is stupid in my opinion. Even if the only aggressive players who get hurt by it are people who just zerg rush without using their brain.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care either way. I'm still going to fart on the team. (I primary assualt) Nerf or no nerf. This argument about a useless gadget that hardly has an effect on the game is an eyesore kind of like how easy they are to avoid.
  • mrtwotimes
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    War sucks, sometimes you die.
  • Trokey66
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    War sucks, sometimes you die.

Deep.....