Dolby Atmos - When?

Jimibob007
24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
When will Dobly Atmos be available in BF 5?

Comments

• Jimibob007
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is no one else interested in this?
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Almost certainly, never. DICE/EA aren't going to pay for the licensing.
  • Jimibob007
    That's a terrible decision if true. I just imagined it was all a symptom of the rushed launch.

Atmos was one of the best things about Bf1. Sound in Battlefield 5 is terrible. My rear speakers don't work at all with it. Bf1 was pretty much perfect.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The rumbling of tank engines sounded amazing in bf1 through my bass speakers
  • Anti-Messiah
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My Dolby atmos headphones work great with the "3d headset" option in the sound settings.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My Dolby atmos headphones work great with the "3d headset" option in the sound settings.

But surround sound definitely doesn't sound quite as well. Seems like the lows don't catch as well
  • Anti-Messiah
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »

But surround sound definitely doesn't sound quite as well. Seems like the lows don't catch as well

Did you try tweaking your subwoofer cutoff level, or adjusting the eq?
  • Jimibob007
    Emulation is not the same as dedicated hardware. I have a 9.2.4 setup and bf1 sounded like a war zone
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have Dolby Atmos on my Xbox X. I wonder if it is actually part of the problem with the sound in BF V, because currently the sound is horrible, while BF1 is amazing.
  • fakemon64
    fakemon64 wrote: »

Did you try tweaking your subwoofer cutoff level, or adjusting the eq?

Tbh I kinda just accepted that bf5 sounds better through headphones.... I don't like playing with my settings just for a single game/movie
  • sTUDIOxSwe
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's a terrible decision if true. I just imagined it was all a symptom of the rushed launch.

Atmos was one of the best things about Bf1. Sound in Battlefield 5 is terrible. My rear speakers don't work at all with it. Bf1 was pretty much perfect. 

Battlefield V sends a PCM 7.1 to my amp at least, so it's really surround. It a bit hard to map that to my 7.1.4 Atmos setup however. I agree that Battlefield 1 and atmos kicked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• IIPrest0nII
    2420 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Please do not necro/bump old threads. Closed.
This discussion has been closed.