New Greece map

cheif_big_clouds
356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2019
Does anyone know the exact release date of the new Greece map? Westie just posted a video

Comments

• TheColdkillerCY
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe end of march i think last 10 days of the month just a guess
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. March presumably. Could be in two weeks, as the trial by fire chapter starts there, possibly along with Firestorm. We also have not seen anything. The only thing we know is that it is supposed to see a lot of aerial combat. This does point to it being Crete, which saw a big airborne operation.
    Now if I would to guess, I would say, picture a coastal map with steep cliffs, a fishing village, a farm, a lot of open fields similar to PS, a size comparable to Hamada and no cover from above, as well as 11+ plane spawns. Maybe a tank.
  • doctorrocktor
    1876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just looked at a map called province on reddit,it was data mined.looks like greece but could be italy or france.
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/axl06n/datamined_background_image_from_a_comp_map_called/ This one I presume? This does tell a lot and I would agree that it looks mediterranian. The name is Provence, which does point towards a french map, since this is the name of a region in the south of France.
    Apparently this has been in since release, so I would not count on it ever releasing in this form. However I suppose you could use some these assets for the greek location. This term really bothers me, since November. Why call it location, when it only involves one map? Regardless of how many modes you can play on it, it is still a single map.
  • Tullzter
    1180 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully it's more than one map
  • llMotleyll
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1 map??? Wow. RIP BF franchise.
  • VincentNZ
    Tullzter wrote: »
    Hopefully it's more than one map

It is not. One map only is confirmed. Which is funny because we will likely see a new GO as well, which means another large wasteland to play on.
  • DigitalHype
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Stunl3y wrote: »
    The fact its one map is just an utter joke , my patience has now gone with this game
    Like giving an elephant ONE peanut.
    I'm not even surprised.

Sadly, I'm not either. And, I wouldn't be surprised if the map is another "open" map with little structures. And the ones we get end up being copy-and-paste. They just don't spend the time and moeny they used to making maps.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well if it's Crete DICE had better have rendered the Junkers 52 'iron Annie' by then seeing as it's iconic to that battle
  • VincentNZ
    Well if it's Crete DICE had better have rendered the Junkers 52 'iron Annie' by then seeing as it's iconic to that battle

I doubt it. But you are very right of course. I just assume it is Crete, because of the air focus, though and because it is the most prominent battle with a specific trademark in a rather "irrelevant" theatre of war, which also mostly involves German paratroopers and British Navy forces. Unlike the rest of the greek campaign which was indeed two smaller factions fighting with Italy and Greece and the Germans and British supporting their Allies.
    Fighting somewhere else would just feel wrong without proper customization and weapons especially on the Italian side.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    assume the last day, hour and minute, and you will never be disappointed.
  • evriviadis
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    no this is a map from a movie in greektv about ww2.dice you should be a shame for this no respect at greek people who gave their lives to live now free all of you.show some real maps at least there are so many of them dice learn some history not only lies and cheaters
  • javawockyPS
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In the discussion
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/axl06n/datamined_background_image_from_a_comp_map_called/ This one I presume? This does tell a lot and I would agree that it looks mediterranian. The name is Provence, which does point towards a french map, since this is the name of a region in the south of France.
    Apparently this has been in since release, so I would not count on it ever releasing in this form. However I suppose you could use some these assets for the greek location. This term really bothers me, since November. Why call it location, when it only involves one map? Regardless of how many modes you can play on it, it is still a single map.

In the discussion it was confirmed by people as being Le Pont Julien bridge in France. Someone else also suggested it being more likely the backdrop town used in a cutscene during the french war story, which seems likely as this would be a rather odd artifact for a map to be left in the code without any other assets.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The fact its one map is just an utter joke , my patience has now gone with this game

Same here. I'm bored with the 6 maps I play (I don't do Panzerstorm, Hamada, or Fjell as they're terribly designed), so to hear we're getting a total of one map, I've lost all hope for BFV. DICE has completely fumbled the release, drip fed content that barely matters (and as said in Westie's video, the weapons are mostly old stuff from BF1) such as cosmetics that I can't even see myself since it's a first person shooter.

They need to drop this live service garbage and start putting maps out (that people care about, not some random fight in Greece, let's get Omaha, Stalingrad and the like) otherwise people are going to go elsewhere and this game will die completely. I'll probably end up back on BF4 or something.

This game is a mess. I've not played in a few days, and find myself not wanting to be bothered to log in unless it's a Thursday. Even then, there's not much on offer. Rubbish challenges for planes this week. I don't fly planes.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One Map is Just a Joke.
  • VOLBANKER
    1298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't it seem quite obvious by now that DICE has reduced the manpower working on BF5 to an absolute minimum?
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Like giving an elephant ONE peanut.
    I'm not even surprised.

Lol I like that analogy.

Would be nice if DICE was smart enough to run a playlist with ONLY the new map to play, where I don't have to play through all the other crappy maps I don't like just to play the new one.

I feel like BFV is going to be just like Battlefront 2 after this ToW crap ends.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Nope. March presumably. Could be in two weeks, as the trial by fire chapter starts there, possibly along with Firestorm. We also have not seen anything. The only thing we know is that it is supposed to see a lot of aerial combat. This does point to it being Crete, which saw a big airborne operation.
    Now if I would to guess, I would say, picture a coastal map with steep cliffs, a fishing village, a farm, a lot of open fields similar to PS, a size comparable to Hamada and no cover from above, as well as 11+ plane spawns. Maybe a tank.

"Maybe a tank" - If we are lucky, but probably not...
This discussion has been closed.