Firestorm: Loadouts Yay or Nay?

VIDSICIOUS
79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
It appears that the Firestorm will not let you start with your loadout. Instead you will have to loot and forage for weapons as it is with other BR's.

I'm not really interested in this game mode however I am going to try it. The fact that I can't use my loadouts is a big thumbs down. Its one of the main reason I don't play any of the other BR's I say 'Yay" to letting us use our own loadouts.

Comments

• Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    It appears that the Firestorm will not let you start with your loadout. Instead you will have to loot and forage for weapons as it is with other BR's.

I'm not really interested in this game mode however I am going to try it. The fact that I can't use my loadouts is a big thumbs down. Its one of the main reason I don't play any of the other BR's I say 'Yay" to letting us use our own loadouts.

I mean...that’s literally a core mechanic of a BR game...

Unfortunately it also means they often becoming looting simulators and quickly bore me. Shame as the tense end of game moments can be the most epic, but I don’t really want to spend half an hour getting there when time is precious.
  • Thumper2671
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not that I like BR, but like the sound of no loadouts. It means players actually having to help out, and no full squads of recons. I have nothing against Recon, but when half the players in a match are the same class, it's a problem.
  • VincentNZ
    2414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll hold my final judgement until I see definite information on Firestorm, but while looting is appealing, the class loadouts are integral to the franchise. Removing or limiting them limits the game and BF's unique trademark. Having vehicles and, likely, attrition further complicates things.
    Also why would anyone use a weapon that is plainly underpowered like an SMG, while not having the benefits of the medic class.
  • VIDSICIOUS

I mean...that’s literally a core mechanic of a BR game...

Unfortunately it also means they often becoming looting simulators and quickly bore me. Shame as the tense end of game moments can be the most epic, but I don’t really want to spend half an hour getting there when time is precious.

Yes I understand with regards to how BR's generally work and I did point that out. I hope we could just use our own loadouts. I totally agree with your mention of the time it takes to find stuff. I just want to hop into a game and start shooting as I do with any other mode.

So is your opinion yay or nay?
  • VIDSICIOUS
    edited March 5
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I'll hold my final judgement until I see definite information on Firestorm, but while looting is appealing, the class loadouts are integral to the franchise. Removing or limiting them limits the game and BF's unique trademark. Having vehicles and, likely, attrition further complicates things.
    Also why would anyone use a weapon that is plainly underpowered like an SMG, while not having the benefits of the medic class.

Not getting a suitable weapon to use will frustrate me to no end. Yes the loadouts are definitely integral!
  • spartanx169x
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Calling it now. Firestorm is going to massively fail. But not because of loadouts, but because the market is already saturated and given what we have seen with BFV I have zero reason to think Firestorm will bring anything new to the genre.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    Calling it now. Firestorm is going to massively fail. But not because of loadouts, but because the market is already saturated and given what we have seen with BFV I have zero reason to think Firestorm will bring anything new to the genre.

I'm hoping it fails! I would prefer BF to stick to its roots. The question still stands. Yay or nay to loadouts?
  • spartanx169x
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm hoping it fails! I would prefer BF to stick to its roots. The question still stands. Yay or nay to loadouts?

Loadouts would change the game so yay. Having said that I don't see them doing it as It defeats the purpose of the gametype as others have pointed out.
  • VIDSICIOUS

Loadouts would change the game so yay. Having said that I don't see them doing it as It defeats the purpose of the gametype as others have pointed out.

Not sure what game modes you play. I quite like Final Stand whenever it happens and we get to use our loadouts. Your right prob not gonna change.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From the description it sounds like you can earn the best weapons, gadgets, and vehicles by taking objectives, which is a mechanic I haven't seen in any other BR game. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    From the description it sounds like you can earn the best weapons, gadgets, and vehicles by taking objectives, which is a mechanic I haven't seen in any other BR game. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this mode. My squad mates are also disappointed as we have had some fun in Final Stand whilst planning what loadouts to use as the game starts.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I've been playing BR for the first time with apex and been having a lot of fun. I think firestorm should stick to the no load out format.

For me looting is a big part of the game, not only have you got to find good weapons and ammo but at the same time situational awareness of any approaching enemies. You can't really take the looting element away.
  • VIDSICIOUS
    I've been playing BR for the first time with apex and been having a lot of fun. I think firestorm should stick to the no load out format.

For me looting is a big part of the game, not only have you got to find good weapons and ammo but at the same time situational awareness of any approaching enemies. You can't really take the looting element away.

It works quite well in Final Stand