Bring back Hardcore mode for real players

«134
Lexen
53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
We need a place for the more competitive BF players.

We need to see the return of a hardcore mode that is in line with BF4's Hardcore.

Too many casual players that ruin the game.

BF1 hardcore never felt right and it was hard to even find a server with those settings.

I want to see a legit, supported Hardcore mode similar to BF4.

Comments

  • Lexen
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    This will not happen, DICE does not want to split the community by any means. It is also rather unwise to consider yourself "real" because you played BF in an objectively imbalanced, very nichey way.

    Something tells me you weren't very good in hardcore.

    Also not sure what you felt was imbalanced about it. IMO it was by far the best version of the game.

    The main point is that there should be a more competitive mode for players so you're not stuck with casuals who are frankly just really bad at the game.
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lexen wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    This will not happen, DICE does not want to split the community by any means. It is also rather unwise to consider yourself "real" because you played BF in an objectively imbalanced, very nichey way.

    Something tells me you weren't very good in hardcore.

    Also not sure what you felt was imbalanced about it. IMO it was by far the best version of the game.

    The main point is that there should be a more competitive mode for players so you're not stuck with casuals who are frankly just really bad at the game.

    Yeah and because it is your opinion this does not make it automatically correct. Every BF game was designed around core. So naturally once you remove core game mechanics and increase the bullet damage by a flat amount the game becomes imbalanced to the point it can break.
    Further there is no difference between core players and hardcore players either. They simply prefer a different mode.
    Now if we assume a potential hardcore crowd of 20% this would mean that every fifth server would suddenly be removed from the core players lengthening their matchmaking time by 20%. Now the HC player would have to wait five times longer, which can also vary drastically by played region and time. The only way to circumvent this is by adding custom servers and even then you would still split up the community, which is not a good thing to do considering that the game is not really huge at the moment.
  • Feuerfinger
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lexen wrote: »
    I want to see a legit, supported Hardcore mode similar to BF4.

    For me (KD=0.7) the current state IS a hardcore mode.
    What has to be improved is the MATCHMAKING.
    Good players should fight against good players. And there'll be not 10 players in on team and 20 in the other.


  • Lexen
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

    Yeah and because it is your opinion this does not make it automatically correct. Every BF game was designed around core. So naturally once you remove core game mechanics and increase the bullet damage by a flat amount the game becomes imbalanced to the point it can break.
    Further there is no difference between core players and hardcore players either. They simply prefer a different mode.
    Now if we assume a potential hardcore crowd of 20% this would mean that every fifth server would suddenly be removed from the core players lengthening their matchmaking time by 20%. Now the HC player would have to wait five times longer, which can also vary drastically by played region and time. The only way to circumvent this is by adding custom servers and even then you would still split up the community, which is not a good thing to do considering that the game is not really huge at the moment.

    It worked great in BF4, I think you're over estimating the problems it would create. If you've got custom servers, you just do a server search for hardcore. That was always the easiest way and I never had problems finding matches for it in BF4.

    I agree though that better match making would help. I just loved that BF4 hardcore required you to be more careful and tactical.
  • Lexen
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    I’d like a hardcore mode - but not to play it. We can get these ‘real’ players off normal game mode and start making the standard game mode fun again. Leave them to their attrition, campy play, low TTD etc.

    You're mostly describing the casual gamers camping around doing nothing. The ones that have no sense of playing an objective. If you want high TTD go play the division
  • wingnut0070
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lexen wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    I’d like a hardcore mode - but not to play it. We can get these ‘real’ players off normal game mode and start making the standard game mode fun again. Leave them to their attrition, campy play, low TTD etc.

    You're mostly describing the casual gamers camping around doing nothing. The ones that have no sense of playing an objective. If you want high TTD go play the division

    You need to take your own advice, amigo. If you want to play hardcore mode, then go play a game that has a hardcore mode. BF4 for example?
  • MidriffUrchin0
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hardcore players are so condescending. I wish they would make a server for them to just go away.

    They forget the majority play the game to have a bit of fun, I've played the battlefield games for 15 years and buy and support the game, proud to be casual. If it wasn't for us casuals buying and supporting, you wouldn't have a game at all.


    'Hardcore' is such a minority its probably not worth dices effort.
  • doctorrocktor
    1746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Many players don't care for hardcore,and dice have realised that.Oh and real players we are the real players,so you can only be a true player in hardcore,get over yourself.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Throwing this up like I do for every hardcore post: I want it, I love it, I can't wait for hardcore in BFV
    And NO BFV is not hardcore currently, not even close. Hardcore is not about increased bullet damage although that is a feature, it is about other mechanics that alter the gameplay for the better. These are: the removal of all spotting and the minimap, the addition of friendly fire, the removal of 3rd person vehicle view, the removal of aim assist for console, and the removal of automatic health regeneration. To me those are the things that make it hardcore, not one shot kill weapons.
    Everyone is a real player and there are plenty of very competitive players who play core but hardcore or custom servers should exist for the hundreds if not thousands of players that want them and expect them.
    If you want to see a Battlefield game that was built as "core" but was much closer to hardcore look at Bad Company 1. That game HAD friendly fire, one hit melee kills and a fast TTK. The spotting was similar to BFV and it remains my favorite game in the franchise. If DICE made BFV the same as Bad Company 1 this forum, twitter, youtube and everywhere would fill up with complaints because people can't get over the fact that you are going to die because it is a shooter and that is what happens. Guess what, you can spawn back in.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looool we"re not "real players" I guess if we don't want hardcore.
  • shaggysk8er
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reeallllyyy hope they bring back a HC mode. No doubt they have lost players to this damage they have done
  • TropicPoison
    2168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    I always played HC in BF4 but that 'real' nonsense was just dumb to tack on, it's just a preference that we HC players liked a game mode with a little less hand holding where you had to be more careful and aware, since you also couldn't go into third person with vehicles either.

    But I really don't like the core gameplay for BFV so I could care less if they add HC or not you already die like it's HC, I think the gun play is trash in BFV it takes no skill I don't get where people say it's the best it's ever been because I'm not seeing it, and of course that's all my opinion.
  • Lexen
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Throwing this up like I do for every hardcore post: I want it, I love it, I can't wait for hardcore in BFV
    And NO BFV is not hardcore currently, not even close. Hardcore is not about increased bullet damage although that is a feature, it is about other mechanics that alter the gameplay for the better. These are: the removal of all spotting and the minimap, the addition of friendly fire, the removal of 3rd person vehicle view, the removal of aim assist for console, and the removal of automatic health regeneration. To me those are the things that make it hardcore, not one shot kill weapons.
    Everyone is a real player and there are plenty of very competitive players who play core but hardcore or custom servers should exist for the hundreds if not thousands of players that want them and expect them.
    If you want to see a Battlefield game that was built as "core" but was much closer to hardcore look at Bad Company 1. That game HAD friendly fire, one hit melee kills and a fast TTK. The spotting was similar to BFV and it remains my favorite game in the franchise. If DICE made BFV the same as Bad Company 1 this forum, twitter, youtube and everywhere would fill up with complaints because people can't get over the fact that you are going to die because it is a shooter and that is what happens. Guess what, you can spawn back in.

    Couldn't agree more. I loved Bad Company 1. I agree, one of the best games.
    Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy BFV core but I miss all of those things you mentioned from hardcore that made it a much more exciting and competitive game
  • Lexen
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hardcore players are so condescending. I wish they would make a server for them to just go away.

    They forget the majority play the game to have a bit of fun, I've played the battlefield games for 15 years and buy and support the game, proud to be casual. If it wasn't for us casuals buying and supporting, you wouldn't have a game at all.


    'Hardcore' is such a minority its probably not worth dices effort.

    I would like to know how many people played BF4 on hardcore compared to core. I bet it would surprise you.
  • Lexen
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cmdnj1586 wrote: »
    Lol, real players? Gtf over yourself. I’m a proud casual who always ptfo and pushes as hard as I can for the win and I’m very much real.

    ur not real. ur so unreal you don't even exist right now.
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fail thread.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!