Joins Game and Black Screen appears

shaggysk8er
59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Why is it that I join games right after matchmaking and my screen just goes to a black screen.

Anybody else got this problem?!?

Comments

• MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Repeatedly when I played a lot... I drop in for a game maybe once a week now. Haven’t got the black screen in a few weeks.
  • laxgirl_177
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same. Why do I keep getting black screen of death?
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happened to me a few times. If you can blindly find the redeploy or kill yourself with a Grenada then When you respawn it goes back to normal.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've posted over 10+ videos of 3 different variations in every feedback/bug thread they've had over a period of 3 "updates" ago.

not one response .... but was reprimanded a "major warning" for calling the patch trash lmao

• shaggysk8er
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've posted over 10+ videos of 3 different variations in every feedback/bug thread they've had over a period of 3 "updates" ago.

not one response .... but was reprimanded a "major warning" for calling the patch trash lmao

LMAO wow.
    This needs to be addressed or made more viral to them and have other people put in their feedback so we can get this fixed in the next upcoming patch.
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This BS has been going on since the game released, DICE definitely know about it they're just not competent enough to actually fix it apparently.
  • shaggysk8er
    Ive been playing this game for only a short time and repeatedly have I noticed it doing this....
  • spartanx169x
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play on Xbox X and it was happening last weekend before this new patch. I highly doubt it’s fixed. I will play this weekend. If I experience loading screen freezing, black screen or any other major glitch. I will be putting the game away for a long while.
  • shaggysk8er
    What we need is a big as patch to come out and nothing minor. Im sure they know what problems are going on
  • ElliotLH
    7709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play on Xbox X and it was happening last weekend before this new patch. I highly doubt it’s fixed. I will play this weekend. If I experience loading screen freezing, black screen or any other major glitch. I will be putting the game away for a long while.

On Xbox you can often get around this by pressing the pause button, pressing down on the D-Pad 3 times and then pressing A.

Unfortunately it's still on the known issues list so hasn't been fixed yet. Soon(TM).
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

On Xbox you can often get around this by pressing the pause button, pressing down on the D-Pad 3 times and then pressing A.

Unfortunately it's still on the known issues list so hasn't been fixed yet. Soon(TM).

not true, in all of my videos i even record trying the bf1 work around but still doesnt work. even tried the FOV settings that used to fix as well. no luck
  • ElliotLH
    7709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

not true, in all of my videos i even record trying the bf1 work around but still doesnt work. even tried the FOV settings that used to fix as well. no luck

Haha well I did say "often" ;) It's not guaranteed but has worked for others (me included) so I'm sorry that it didn't for you.
  • shaggysk8er
    this still is happening a couple times every 4-5 hours a day that I play
  • JUJAMAKILL
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why is it that I join games right after matchmaking and my screen just goes to a black screen.

Anybody else got this problem?!?

Op are you joining on a friend or just a random game?

My bro constantly has issues trying to join games with us. The only way he has some success is if I create a squad, and have him join before we select a server. If he just tries to join anyone while they're in game, it will tell us that he has joined the squad (notification top left of screen) but will not display his name in the squad list ( bottom left). Then he proceeds to sit on a black screen before getting an error code : Failed to connect to server. Happens every time he tries to join the squad like that. Sometimes if he is lucky he can get in if i send him an invite, but this is also subject to the same issue. Most of the time we have to quit out as a squad to pick him up and then find server again.

Then my other bro ends up with a black screen that eventually dumps him out of the game between EVERY end of round screen, just as it is supposed to start loading the next round. Made particularly frustrating when we tend to play Grand Ops (multiple rounds). O and btw I mean EVERY single goddamn time... /smh

Also I never use the match making to find a server anymore, waste of time due to being put into essentially empty servers 90% of the time. I always use server browser and manually select one.

FWIW this is on PS4 Oceanic
  • PackersDK
    687 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’ll say it happens once every 8-10 times I try to join a game. If I press X, I’ll hear the in-game sounds and the assignments pop up on right side of the screen. The rest is black.

Quite an annoying bug that requires you to quit the game completely. Hope Dice is on it!
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I experienced it for the first time a week or so again. Thankfully it just happened once and i was able to join servers ok again after that. Dont think I've played since though.
  • maskedocelot
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happened to me a few times recently on ps4 but going into options and squad (think it's twice down), or blowing yourself up always fixes it for me.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happened to me a few times recently on ps4 but going into options and squad (think it's twice down), or blowing yourself up always fixes it for me.

Yep, you can still interact with the menu and stuff, it's just that until the open UI changes its completely black. It does need fixing though.
  • shaggysk8er
    this has been fixed! havent had this problem in a while