Master Discussion Thread For BF3 Punkbuster Bans.

StarscreamUK
7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
edited February 26
This thread is the ONLY thread that will be allowed for discussions relating to bans issued on BF3 by Evenbalance. It is not for others to scorn/troll/or bait those banned, if you do that, you will be actioned.
If you create threads elsewhere on this subject they will be closed.

This thread is not an admission of error, or liability on the part of the Moderation team, EA, nor Dice. It is simply a place where those who have been banned can have discussions.

** IT IS NOT THE PLACE TO POST APPEALS **
Appeals posted in this thread will be removed, pure and simple. The forum staff cannot assist with the reasons behind the bans, nor in getting them lifted/reversed.

Your appeal is to the company/site behind the ban.

If it's a global guid, then it would be evenbalance - https://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php
If it's BF4DB, then it would be https://bf4db.com/
If its ACI, then it would be ACI - http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/portal.php
If its GCC then it's GCC - https://www.ggc-stream.net/article/info/whyggc
Finally if it's PBBans then its https://www.pbbans.com/

Server bans that are just on a particular server, you have to appeal to the server admin.

Comments

• RhodeTrip
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Punkbuster keeps illegitimately kicking me for GAMEHACK #81665. The PBBans website shows a lot of bans for this over the last few days. Anyone else having this issue and know of a workaround please? Thanks.
    I've reinstalled pb, bf3, checked everything out and raised a ticket, but from what I can see they probably won't respond
  • Make_My_Day08
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have the same problem. It came up yesterday for the first time and I don't have any clue which program might trigger this. I'm not able to get on any server and it also triggered a GUID ban via GGC...

Same reaction from evenbalance - none whatsoever...

There was a problem with disallowed programs/drivers in the past which was triggered by traymenu.exe, but this time, I made sure it wasn't running, so it's something else.
  • RhodeTrip
    Don't think I'm banned yet, but don't want to try another server in case it moves to that. It could well be a driver issue - I had to do a clean install of drivers two days ago following a couple of BSODs in BF3, so coincidence looks unlikely.
  • RhodeTrip
    This looks like an awful lot of bans in the last couple of days for #81665 - https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bf3-lfb41.html
    Looks like a lot of false positives
  • Make_My_Day08
    Yeah, something is definitely not right there. This has been happening with pb a lot over the last years. Well, I'm not playing neither TWL nor in a clan anymore, I might as well spend my money on stuff that is more dedicated to real life.
  • Make_My_Day08
    Got a reply from evenbalance... Not very satisfying though...

Note #4: We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed.

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

I won't buy any EA game anymore - period.
  • RhodeTrip
    That is outrageous. It's obviously a false positive, you can see by reams of people getting banned for the same violation every 20-30 mins or so over the last few days. Sadly, any recourse is unlikely.
    I'm gonna leave it a couple of months. I've found 11 servers without pb on them last night, and got a few rounds in (no hackers taking advantage either) Having been in touch with a couple of the more popular server admins, they know pb just have bots blanket banning erroneously, so I'm thinking it will only take a couple of them getting spurious bans before they switch off pb on their servers.

Sad that BF3 is going out this way. I won't be getting any more EA games either mate.
  • Make_My_Day08
    It has been only killing time anyway. So no real damage. Being punished for other peolpe's wrongs doesn't feel right, though.

Whatsoever: Never, ever in my entire life will I buy any EA game again and I will make this procedure known to as many people as I can.
  • harry0ld
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I got a punkbuster global ban about a year ago. I used to think that the cause was some program making a false positive. Now it seems more likely that the cause are cheaters who spoof the GUID numbers of other players. In the result that other player is geting banned instead of a cheater. So far i haven't get any help from EA/EB whatsoever and i already gave up on that. Battlefield 3 is great but there are also other games and i can wait with playing bf3 till the release of Venice Unleashed. Ofc since that time i follow no buy from ea procedure. Not that im loosing anything.
  • Make_My_Day08
    Yeah, but still... spying out your GUID is only possible from either a server or from your battlelog directly which makes it a problem of EA to secure that. However, they make you liable for something that is beyond your control as it has nothing to do with any safety measure you can directly have any influence on... In the end it leaves you with having payed for a game that you can't play for reasons that are beyond your control and this does suck...
  • harry0ld
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Thats how EA works.
  • RhodeTrip
    I'm not banned apparently:

Entered by GUID, got the message below from PBBans:

PunkBuster Global Ban
    The entered GUID is not globally banned by Even Balance.

PBBans caches global ban data therefore this check may not reflect the correct global ban status

But still still being kicked for the same violation. Weird. No response to the ticket I raised with Evenbalance
  • docTober
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I also got banned, I have 500+ hours of gaming and I would never cheat. Punkbuster banned me suddenly today upon spawn. Couldnt even do a thing.
  • RhodeTrip
    docTober wrote: »
    I also got banned, I have 500+ hours of gaming and I would never cheat. Punkbuster banned me suddenly today upon spawn. Couldnt even do a thing.

Can still play - I'll friend you and invite when I see you online
  • EIPAdREIllIIllIl
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Lol how everbody who is banned is crying that he wasn't cheating. Lol Kids, have balls and do not lie to yourself
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I said no trolling or baiting. See you in 24 hours.
  • HiyaHiyaCthulhu
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Second account in 1 year to be banned for cheating when I havent been. **** punkbuster, **** evenbalance, and most of all **** EA.

(GAMEHACK) #81666 is the so called "reason".
  • StarscreamUK
    To clarify you got banned on your first account for 81666 and then bought another and got banned for the same reason. You didnt reformat or clean your pc inbetween?
  • RhodeTrip
    81666 looks like the latest wave of false positives. There are lots
  • EIPAdREIllIIllIl
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    RhodeTrip wrote: »
    81666 looks like the latest wave of false positives. There are lots

Why should it be a false/positive? Because there are "so many" bans? Lol, when one of the big cheat providers gets detected, it looks the same or more. I know which cheat provider this ban code belongs to but I am not allowed (forum rules) to say this here. This is no false/positive