Battlefield is dead...

Comments

• Giglefreakz
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apex came out of no where and works better than battlefield?? Smh.

Let me clear this up. The game is still playable if you choose to play it... the battlefield I loved and remember is dead.

Considering Apex crashes every couple games for me and even more often for a friend of mine, I object to it working better than BFV.
  • Choongangchong
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't think the game is dead but slowly dying. I stopped playing it weeks ago. Simply just tired of all the forced assignment stuff that are thrown at us making 80% of the players play like idiots so we can unlock vehicles and weapons. TBH if anything is going to kill off this game its stuff like "Win 3 round of Frontlines", or "Arm 2 bombs in Grand Operation" to unlock content you paid for. Forcing players to play game modes they don't like or forcing them to play in a way they find boring will make players leave the game. Before chapter 2 of tides of war my Origin friends list was full of people playing Battlefield V. When chapter 2 started people just went: "Another assignment hell? Whatever, I'm out of of here!". People just stopped playing because they are tired of all the do this and that to unlock content that matters in game. Yes, I'm fully aware you can just unlock with company coins afterwards, but that doesn't change the situation where people are playing to unlock instead of playing to win. That affects everyone.
    Game can just rename itself to Unlockfield V

And then you have funny stuff like this:
    The last match I played I played Frontlines. Well the server decided we should start the match with 15 vs 3 and it didn't as usual backfill.
    After I quit that server I decided to just play a normal round of conquest. Well after 2 minutes of waiting with no match I went to the server browser and joined a server withing 5 seconds. So why couldn't the matchmaking just do the same?

Also add in the bugs and unbalanced weapons still in the game, people simply just give up.
  • MSKelly1976
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I log in every couple days to play the latest assignment unlock... But that takes me a day, maybe two. Then I don’t play again for a week.

I doubt I’m alone and that’s hardly the sign of a healthy game.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I log in every couple days to play the latest assignment unlock... But that takes me a day, maybe two. Then I don’t play again for a week.

I doubt I’m alone and that’s hardly the sign of a healthy game.

You know the game is not healthy if you (including me too) only login to BF5 to do some assignments and then never play it for the rest of the week. There is little fun in BF5 and I blame DICE for it.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even login to do the TOW assignments anymore. I'll just buy whatever I miss with CC whenever I start playing the game again.
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ahahahah... it seems the mention to "Battlefield 4" is increasing by the day... everyone who knows what Battlefield was and should be are now realizing EA has been selling CoDfield instead.

3 days ago I was on Golmud Railway in a tank heading to A;B flags. As I come up the hill I see a LittleBird and an Viper flying over B defending one tank and APC who were trading blows with 2 tanks on A. At the distance was the Mobile Artillery truck barraging our A flag... shhhwuuushhh a jet speeds by being chased by another jet... that picture just made me think how can anyone play BF1 and BFV thinking they are playing a Battlefield game.

BF1/V players can´t deal with this or Javelins or SMAWs or Stingers. They just can´t be bothered countering all of those and convince themselves those are for noobs - guess what, you are the real noob if you don´t develop skill to deal with that and I say GIT GUD. Now all you have is a silly cartoonish game with some WWII red dotted rifles (LOL). Go ahead and run... ruuuuuuun... ahahah
  • Jeffy141
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love BF V. You guys just like ****.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jeffy141 wrote: »
    I love BF V. You guys just like ****.

You like the kiddie easymode gunmechanics with no recoil or sway???????? REALLY???? Even Fortnite has better gunplay.
  • Werner_Montag
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

One of the most sensible things I have read on this forum. Everything you said makes sense.

I think personally we have two issues from EA.

1). Limited Budget for BFV
    2). Executive Producers who insisted on inclusion despite push back from Dice developers.

Dice came back with a dreadful on-line response to its fan base and alienated some its most ardent followers. I think part of this was out of fear of future EA funding.

If they are limited on budget for this release then I wouldn’t expect too much more in regards to major overhauls or DLC maps.

They will only repair what’s needed and throw us the occasional proverbial bone...
    Austacker wrote: »
    Battlefield is dead.

It's just a run and gun COD fest now. All the 'role' classes are completely homoginized, the maps are designed for either zerging or sniping.

Assault is all that matters, all the other classes have been just weaker versions since day one.

This game is rubbish, the worst Battlefield I've unfortunately played in my over 3000 online hours with this franchise.

I log in every other day to do my dailies and then quit.
    I log in once a week for a session to complete the next tides of war assignments and then quit again.

This game is not fun. It's tedious. It's rewarding to just one style of play. There's no content. There's no variety.

This 'live service' model is a DISASTER

EA and DICE have tried to water down the experience to cater to a COD friendly audience, but like the old tale of the dog on the bridge who looks in the water, all they've done is alienate a large segment of the franchise fan base and lost both bones.

I'm honestly half expecting EA to just can the entire franchise after this dismal launch and put DICE onto some other project.

• LuckyULSA_NOR
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Last BF game i REALLY enjoyed was BF3. BF4 was ok...thats it...now they only copy/paste buildings and dont seem to give a horse **** about making good maps. DICE is dead bc the old dev are gone. Only thing now is to make profit for EA......
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For a hoot I decided to watch some Apex play on youtube, and there is some guy named "Grandpa" (Search: Grandpa 66 YO Apex) and you should find several videos of this old geezer having fun with all the fancy toys/shields/scopes and bright colors. But I did see some terrible lag a few times in his game, and to me it just reminded me of HALO a little too much for my tastes (or the CoD that had wall-running and jetpacks). I think I will pass--too much stuff to learn, I would be way behind the power-curve, but I can see why people would like Apex way better than Fart-night. I also noticed they straight ripped off the revive from BF and how you can still see (and communicate to your squad) while you are dead and waiting for a revive. They also stole spotting (from previous BF's).. that made me a little jealous--anyone can spot an enemy (apparently) and everyone else in the squad can instantly see them across the map. They have portals and ziplines... very futuristic.
    ===
    As frustrating as BF can be, at least you don't die to someone with a plasma rifle with a 40 watt range (while you are holding a pistol with no super-shield).
  • prisoner_519362
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Are you asking a question or Making a statement?It certainly does not work better than battlefield from what i have played servers are a laggy mess and you get randomly kicked.Battlefield v is one of the best yet and far more tactical kids with comments like yours are the kind of players that run around not even aware of your surroundings or playing the objective,cry when you get killed and want everything that kills you nerfed.Kids like you are what is ruining the gaming industry.

Bet my k/d is better than yours. You’re the reason games don’t release finished. You praise broken games that claim to be something they’re not. Smh
  • -Antares65z
    1586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Are you asking a question or Making a statement?It certainly does not work better than battlefield from what i have played servers are a laggy mess and you get randomly kicked.Battlefield v is one of the best yet and far more tactical kids with comments like yours are the kind of players that run around not even aware of your surroundings or playing the objective,cry when you get killed and want everything that kills you nerfed.Kids like you are what is ruining the gaming industry.

Bet my k/d is better than yours. You’re the reason games don’t release finished. You praise broken games that claim to be something they’re not. Smh

What stats? I couldn't find them under any platform.
  • Zinkys
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hopped on a few firestorm matches and then conquest for a few hours Friday night. Conquest was nothing but snipers on the hills. Everywhere. Every...where. The rest of the players were assault. There were no medics for at least 4 conquest matches when I finally saw one. It was funny because I didn't even notice the lack of them. As an assault I can self heal and restock self heals. With deal being pretty much instantaneous one really doesn't miss medics at all as you can't heal someone that drops dead instantly anyhow.

Game started out pretty much garbage but now someone flicked a butt into the dumpster and it is ablaze.
  • parkingbrake
    3124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder what people feel when they create those dumb topics.
    The game isn't dead, you can launch it and see that it is alive and working.

Some folks have trouble telling the difference between their opinion and reality. They don't care if I can find forty or fifty populated servers in my region, they don't like BFV so therefore the game is dead. That doesn't mean BFV doesn't have serious problems, it clearly does. I for one am doubtful that some of those problems will be fixed, I expect EA to repeat some of them with BF6 (no rented servers, Live Service, weak anti-cheat) and that might persuade me to skip BF6. But BF isn't dead yet despite the possibility of EA's foolishness making that happen at some point.
  • adDICEs
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play and buy only Battlefield games so, If next BF game is futuristic, ain't gonna buy it. That said, BFV is the best BF game ever created from DICE - HANDS DOWN , it just need more maps, content and balancing. At the end of the day, It's not so very much after all.

Agreed 100% people are hating just to hate and are probably bad at the game or not intelligent enough to understand its not a run and gun fest anymore its actually more tactical and more satisfying
    I have spm of 518 so im not bad at this game at all. Im also no idiot and know strategy/tactics and stuff. BF5 has the potential do be the best bf game, yes BUT the majority of the playerbase doesnt know even simple basics (squadplay, targets, revive, resupply, spot)... 90% of the random rounds i play just suck. 1 Team is so bad that there are 200 to 500 tickets left for the winning side. These teams just dont change after a round is finished and that means the coming round will be the same **** than the last. Then you have round 25 players one side, 10 other side... This lasts the whole round because there is NO balance AND nobody can witch teams. These facts alone i ask you: How stupid can a company be? This is nothing more than a god damn joke and on top EA/DICE doesnt care at all!
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    adDICEs said:
    I play and buy only Battlefield games so, If next BF game is futuristic, ain't gonna buy it. That said, BFV is the best BF game ever created from DICE - HANDS DOWN , it just need more maps, content and balancing. At the end of the day, It's not so very much after all.

Agreed 100% people are hating just to hate and are probably bad at the game or not intelligent enough to understand its not a run and gun fest anymore its actually more tactical and more satisfying
    I have spm of 518 so im not bad at this game at all. Im also no idiot and know strategy/tactics and stuff. BF5 has the potential do be the best bf game, yes BUT the majority of the playerbase doesnt know even simple basics (squadplay, targets, revive, resupply, spot)... 90% of the random rounds i play just suck. 1 Team is so bad that there are 200 to 500 tickets left for the winning side. These teams just dont change after a round is finished and that means the coming round will be the same **** than the last. Then you have round 25 players one side, 10 other side... This lasts the whole round because there is NO balance AND nobody can witch teams. These facts alone i ask you: How stupid can a company be? This is nothing more than a god damn joke and on top EA/DICE doesnt care at all!
    I really hope you know what you're doing.
  • von_Campenstein
    6553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think it still has a couple of titles left in it.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its fun to play for a round or two but its not been battlefield for a while now, its more like a cross between battlefield and CoD.