Do you still play Boringfield V?

Comments

  • SirBobdk
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @parkingbrake wrote
    but I can't help but notice how many players have a good time playing that map and wonder why some people can have fun there and others can't. Is it the map, or is it the players?
    Imo it's the player base. Since BF3 we have seen maps getting smaller, more infantry based and more cluster like (Locker/metro effect) . Going back to a map more like what BF used to be is probably difficult for players who started with BF3/4/1. Same with Hamada. I like both maps but I'm also old school.
    I stopped playing BFV this week, but may give rush a chance 2day.
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019


    I haven't played since last year, still waiting for the "Finally" threads to pop up showing improvement in the game. Still none to encourage my return.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ZombieP1ow wrote: »

    I haven't played since last year, still waiting for the "Finally" threads to pop up showing improvement in the game. Still none to encourage my return.

    Was up Vegas? Long time no see. I just bought this yesterday on sale. Only played 33 minutes though last night. No team work. No revives. Every man for himself it seemed yesterday.
  • Shinkiro94
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @parkingbrake wrote
    but I can't help but notice how many players have a good time playing that map and wonder why some people can have fun there and others can't. Is it the map, or is it the players?
    Imo it's the player base. Since BF3 we have seen maps getting smaller, more infantry based and more cluster like (Locker/metro effect) . Going back to a map more like what BF used to be is probably difficult for players who started with BF3/4/1. Same with Hamada. I like both maps but I'm also old school.
    I stopped playing BFV this week, but may give rush a chance 2day.

    My main gripe with this game is the lack of transport options, the vast, vast, vast majority of the time i spent in these "BF maps" is footslogging to objectives and getting sniped by tanks, snipers and camping 3x scope assaults that are basically snipers, which isnt fun at all.. meanwhile theres abandoned vehicles everywhere because they dont respawn..

    If you take for example Golmud Railway, its basically guaranteed theres some sort of vehicles at a spawn location i can use to get about rather than footslog for what feels like an hour to just get killed without doing anything yet again...

    Until they redo the vehicles mechanics and have them despawn and respawn when abandoned these big flat open maps are just killing fields for the 30 recons and odd tank on the map, which is insanely boring on the receiving end.

  • hcarhcarhcar
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’ll never buy another battlefield game again. Been playing since 1942.

    Used to be my favorite franchise. The epic ness of all the games, the vehicle combat, the squad play.. thats what drew me in.
    Every title takes away from the core values more and more.

    They pander to the casual so much, they try to compete against call of duty with yearly releases, they pander to SJWs and say say F you to the long time fans.


    EA is a bad soulless company. They use to make games that were fun to play. Now they make trash.

    Aww. Someone is still upset because she thinks this game is political.

    Does this game have vehicle health regen? Or player health regen?

    They’ve taken away the most fundamental aspect of battlefield which is squad play.
    What’s the point of a repair tool when you can just go hide?


    I get you’re a diehard and that’s ok.
    I’m not buying this game or anything else they pump out. This franchise died when they released the games on console.
    If they were PC only like they use to be I believe we would of had a better gaming experience.


    Just my thoughts.
  • DogRoyal
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play two or three times a week and still loving it.
    Cant get enough of panzerstorm, great map.

    Had a few games of BF4 last week, movment feels restricted. Gunplay is good.
    But i really just went back to have a shot of my transport chopper, i miss her.

    I disliked Panzerstorm at first, once I learned to play it I began to enjoy it a lot more. Had a great game there tonight with a good squad of randoms, won by 70 tickets after lots of action. Other people, well, seems like they tried it and formed a negative opinion and never gave it another chance, their mind was made up. They have the right to their opinion of course, but I can't help but notice how many players have a good time playing that map and wonder why some people can have fun there and others can't. Is it the map, or is it the players?

    IMO Panzerstorm is the best BFV map but I am also old school. My favorites count Daqing Oilfields, Mashtuur City, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island, Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border and such large maps for Conquest mode and Panzerstorm is the closest I come to that. I enjoyed BF1 but most maps were too small to be really great.
  • Kolple
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

    I only do the war courses and I do not play anymore ... I can not find almost any server to play Brazilian, while in others I can find several ... the game is repetitive.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’ll never buy another battlefield game again. Been playing since 1942.

    Used to be my favorite franchise. The epic ness of all the games, the vehicle combat, the squad play.. thats what drew me in.
    Every title takes away from the core values more and more.

    They pander to the casual so much, they try to compete against call of duty with yearly releases, they pander to SJWs and say say F you to the long time fans.


    EA is a bad soulless company. They use to make games that were fun to play. Now they make trash.

    Aww. Someone is still upset because she thinks this game is political.

    Does this game have vehicle health regen? Or player health regen?

    They’ve taken away the most fundamental aspect of battlefield which is squad play.
    What’s the point of a repair tool when you can just go hide?


    I get you’re a diehard and that’s ok.
    I’m not buying this game or anything else they pump out. This franchise died when they released the games on console.
    If they were PC only like they use to be I believe we would of had a better gaming experience.


    Just my thoughts.

    I agree with tek in the sense that this game is apolitical. Nothing about it really reminds anyone of WWII. Its probably the farthest thing from it. That's probably part of the issue. As for as appealing to SJWs, I don't think including women was doing that. The other stuff that "everyones battlefield" was probably not a good thing but I don't think that was for public consumption. but all that stuff wouldn't matter if the game lived up to expectations. People would be aside the "SJW" stuff because its a great game. It's not. Its a good game. Not a great game.
  • hcarhcarhcar
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

    Pelliy wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’ll never buy another battlefield game again. Been playing since 1942.

    Used to be my favorite franchise. The epic ness of all the games, the vehicle combat, the squad play.. thats what drew me in.
    Every title takes away from the core values more and more.

    They pander to the casual so much, they try to compete against call of duty with yearly releases, they pander to SJWs and say say F you to the long time fans.


    EA is a bad soulless company. They use to make games that were fun to play. Now they make trash.

    Aww. Someone is still upset because she thinks this game is political.

    Does this game have vehicle health regen? Or player health regen?

    They’ve taken away the most fundamental aspect of battlefield which is squad play.
    What’s the point of a repair tool when you can just go hide?


    I get you’re a diehard and that’s ok.
    I’m not buying this game or anything else they pump out. This franchise died when they released the games on console.
    If they were PC only like they use to be I believe we would of had a better gaming experience.


    Just my thoughts.

    I agree with tek in the sense that this game is apolitical. Nothing about it really reminds anyone of WWII. Its probably the farthest thing from it. That's probably part of the issue. As for as appealing to SJWs, I don't think including women was doing that. The other stuff that "everyones battlefield" was probably not a good thing but I don't think that was for public consumption. but all that stuff wouldn't matter if the game lived up to expectations. People would be aside the "SJW" stuff because its a great game. It's not. Its a good game. Not a great game.

    I could honestly care less. Every single sane person knows that grandma didn’t storm the beach.

    I’m just sad that the franchise is going into the direction of a call of duty, yearly releases, lackluster reskins, abysmal squad play.


    It’s ok though, I’ve found other games to sink my time into.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @parkingbrake wrote
    but I can't help but notice how many players have a good time playing that map and wonder why some people can have fun there and others can't. Is it the map, or is it the players?
    Imo it's the player base. Since BF3 we have seen maps getting smaller, more infantry based and more cluster like (Locker/metro effect) . Going back to a map more like what BF used to be is probably difficult for players who started with BF3/4/1. Same with Hamada. I like both maps but I'm also old school.
    I stopped playing BFV this week, but may give rush a chance 2day.

    BF1 had some massive maps that were absolutely amazing. I am not sure why you guys loop all these games in line with some ancient game you played over a decade ago.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DogRoyal wrote: »
    Play two or three times a week and still loving it.
    Cant get enough of panzerstorm, great map.

    Had a few games of BF4 last week, movment feels restricted. Gunplay is good.
    But i really just went back to have a shot of my transport chopper, i miss her.

    I disliked Panzerstorm at first, once I learned to play it I began to enjoy it a lot more. Had a great game there tonight with a good squad of randoms, won by 70 tickets after lots of action. Other people, well, seems like they tried it and formed a negative opinion and never gave it another chance, their mind was made up. They have the right to their opinion of course, but I can't help but notice how many players have a good time playing that map and wonder why some people can have fun there and others can't. Is it the map, or is it the players?

    IMO Panzerstorm is the best BFV map but I am also old school. My favorites count Daqing Oilfields, Mashtuur City, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island, Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border and such large maps for Conquest mode and Panzerstorm is the closest I come to that. I enjoyed BF1 but most maps were too small to be really great.

    Most maps were absolutely not too small to be great. When maps get larger you simply spend more time running and doing nothing. Plenty of the maps in BF1 were huge. I have literally no idea what you are even talking about here. Yes, games have small maps. The problem is this game has only 9 maps, and maybe 3 large maps.

    BF1 had amazingly designed maps for the majority of its time. It had a few clunkers, but you could always play cavalry on most of those for great fun.

    Saying BF1 had mostly small maps is just kind of giving a lame excuse for its superior small map design than BFV. They are not nearly on the same ballpark of quality.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’ll never buy another battlefield game again. Been playing since 1942.

    Used to be my favorite franchise. The epic ness of all the games, the vehicle combat, the squad play.. thats what drew me in.
    Every title takes away from the core values more and more.

    They pander to the casual so much, they try to compete against call of duty with yearly releases, they pander to SJWs and say say F you to the long time fans.


    EA is a bad soulless company. They use to make games that were fun to play. Now they make trash.

    Aww. Someone is still upset because she thinks this game is political.

    Does this game have vehicle health regen? Or player health regen?

    They’ve taken away the most fundamental aspect of battlefield which is squad play.
    What’s the point of a repair tool when you can just go hide?


    I get you’re a diehard and that’s ok.
    I’m not buying this game or anything else they pump out. This franchise died when they released the games on console.
    If they were PC only like they use to be I believe we would of had a better gaming experience.


    Just my thoughts.

    I agree with tek in the sense that this game is apolitical. Nothing about it really reminds anyone of WWII. Its probably the farthest thing from it. That's probably part of the issue. As for as appealing to SJWs, I don't think including women was doing that. The other stuff that "everyones battlefield" was probably not a good thing but I don't think that was for public consumption. but all that stuff wouldn't matter if the game lived up to expectations. People would be aside the "SJW" stuff because its a great game. It's not. Its a good game. Not a great game.

    I could honestly care less. Every single sane person knows that grandma didn’t storm the beach.

    I’m just sad that the franchise is going into the direction of a call of duty, yearly releases, lackluster reskins, abysmal squad play.


    It’s ok though, I’ve found other games to sink my time into.

    Couldn't care less*

    But I get you.
  • SirBobdk
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    DogRoyal wrote: »
    Play two or three times a week and still loving it.
    Cant get enough of panzerstorm, great map.

    Had a few games of BF4 last week, movment feels restricted. Gunplay is good.
    But i really just went back to have a shot of my transport chopper, i miss her.

    I disliked Panzerstorm at first, once I learned to play it I began to enjoy it a lot more. Had a great game there tonight with a good squad of randoms, won by 70 tickets after lots of action. Other people, well, seems like they tried it and formed a negative opinion and never gave it another chance, their mind was made up. They have the right to their opinion of course, but I can't help but notice how many players have a good time playing that map and wonder why some people can have fun there and others can't. Is it the map, or is it the players?

    IMO Panzerstorm is the best BFV map but I am also old school. My favorites count Daqing Oilfields, Mashtuur City, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island, Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border and such large maps for Conquest mode and Panzerstorm is the closest I come to that. I enjoyed BF1 but most maps were too small to be really great.

    Most maps were absolutely not too small to be great. When maps get larger you simply spend more time running and doing nothing. Plenty of the maps in BF1 were huge. I have literally no idea what you are even talking about here. Yes, games have small maps. The problem is this game has only 9 maps, and maybe 3 large maps.

    BF1 had amazingly designed maps for the majority of its time. It had a few clunkers, but you could always play cavalry on most of those for great fun.

    Saying BF1 had mostly small maps is just kind of giving a lame excuse for its superior small map design than BFV. They are not nearly on the same ballpark of quality.

    Agree that BF1 map are way better than BFV maps, but I do also agree with @DogRoyal about the maps he mentions. We have seen much better and larger maps before BF1. Bander Desert for eksampel. Compared to the past BF1 maps are small and medium size even if the are larger than BFV maps.
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Forumfield is better than boringfield V
  • creepNpeep
    782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haven’t played for months now.
    It was far easier to dump this game than live in hope of it being as good as old BF games.

    Don’t miss it at all.
  • Renamed0956120219
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yoyoyo I don't play it anymore mah dude it's boring and I'm back on BF4 💯
  • ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    The stale factor is pretty high with BFZzzz. BF1 was also a real boringfield. Long live BF4. A remastered version of BF4 would crush it. BFZzz can eat a fat one and so can DICE.

    LOL, BF4??? is the worst BF ever! bad graphics, bad sound, slow gameplay, long TTK, bad maps, BAD EVERYTHING

    i don't understand why so many people that loves that garbage
  • hcarhcarhcar
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The stale factor is pretty high with BFZzzz. BF1 was also a real boringfield. Long live BF4. A remastered version of BF4 would crush it. BFZzz can eat a fat one and so can DICE.

    LOL, BF4??? is the worst BF ever! bad graphics, bad sound, slow gameplay, long TTK, bad maps, BAD EVERYTHING

    i don't understand why so many people that loves that garbage


    Before they went insane and nerfed and buffed the wrong things it was fun. It had its moments for sure. Dunno how it would be now.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The stale factor is pretty high with BFZzzz. BF1 was also a real boringfield. Long live BF4. A remastered version of BF4 would crush it. BFZzz can eat a fat one and so can DICE.

    LOL, BF4??? is the worst BF ever! bad graphics, bad sound, slow gameplay, long TTK, bad maps, BAD EVERYTHING

    i don't understand why so many people that loves that garbage

    I thought BF4 was an absolutely amazing game to tell you the truth. Graphics were cutting edge for their time, maps were fun, TTK was almost identical to the current BF5, and the vehicles were a blast to operate.
Sign In or Register to comment.