Weekly BF

Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

DarkestHour138
992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
After watching this I'm starting to get more hyped for the mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=49&v=0FL3c5Ojna4

Comments

• bran1986
    5739 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I never played a BR before but this looks good.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Damn, yeah it looks pretty good. Consider me hyped!
  • doctorrocktor
    1819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah just watched this,i hope they add those vehicles to the other game modes,not the heli though.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if it will be all against all, squads against squads or will we have two macro teams like in final stand?
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see it getting old very fast since it seems to be filled with all of the same weapons we already have for months now, a bit odd to add helicopters and whatever that mini gunboat is too.

Surprised they didn't add legendary guns since it's common, rare, and epic.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if it will be all against all, squads against squads or will we have two macro teams like in final stand?

There will be Solo, Duo, and Squads.

There was a pretty big leak last night and all of the channels (Lossy, JackFrags, Wesite, LevelCap) have released videos on it.

But remember it is a leak so take everything with a grain of salt.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see it getting old very fast since it seems to be filled with all of the same weapons we already have for months now, a bit odd to add helicopters and whatever that mini gunboat is too.

Lol. So, you don’t believe that the weapons with be updated? Also, you don’t know if this is a current build or a prior build. It could be from months ago.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 7
    If the weapons behave the same as in BF5 (babymode no sway, no recoil, very fast TTD) this mode is quickly dead. It cant compete with APEX or PUBG, since they have actual deeper gunmechanics with you know... RECOIL and need for mastery of the guns.

Firestorm will qucikly prove to be as shallow as BF5.
  • ElliotLH
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I might actually give that a bash when it comes out.

Wouldn't mind being able to fire my sidearm when downed in the non-BR MP either.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There will be Solo, Duo, and Squads.

There was a pretty big leak last night and all of the channels (Lossy, JackFrags, Wesite, LevelCap) have released videos on it.

But remember it is a leak so take everything with a grain of salt.

Oh. And what's the point of something like that in a WWII context? Would have preferred to have two teams with insta death and stuff.
    Well, I'll try to have fun without looking for a sense XD
  • doctorrocktor
    1819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can anyone remember the name of the german amphibious vehicle in the trailer.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Lol. So, you don’t believe that the weapons with be updated? Also, you don’t know if this is a current build or a prior build. It could be from months ago.

And? It doesn't change the fact that it looks to have all of the same guns we've had that I saw in the trailer.

And you don't know if it's an old or current build either so what's your point? I don't see how that matters.
  • DarkestHour138
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I might actually give that a bash when it comes out.

Wouldn't mind being able to fire my sidearm when downed in the non-BR MP either.

Yes, I hope this get added to the base game modes. Also hope they are able to eventually use the map, or sections of it, in other modes.
  • MarxistDictator
    4943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't play BR games but that looks like it could be fun for a few rounds. Wonder how many maps it will have.

And helis? oo bring those back to the base game, nothing brings the salt quite like rotorcraft.
  • DarkestHour138
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

And? It doesn't change the fact that it looks to have all of the same guns we've had that I saw in the trailer.

And you don't know if it's an old or current build either so what's your point? I don't see how that matters.

Different tiers for each weapon will make them behave differently. So yes they are the same weapons, but will have different characteristics. And with it being a scavenger mode not every player is going to get exactly what fits their playstyle like they want.
  • doctorrocktor
    Can anyone remember the name of the german amphibious vehicle in the trailer.

Schwimmwagen.
    Actual WWII vehicle, you may remember it from Battlefield 1942 expansion packs.

That's the one.
  • anken555
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The solo mode is a very good news ! With a good communication, it can be a second chance for BFV sales.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 7
    I really hate the luck part of BR games (loot)...
    That is why i hate BR games and don't play them!
    Back when i started gaming we called it "king of the hill" and we could select our loadout!

tell me why can't we have 75 or 100 or X player king of the hill?
    do we really need the luck factor of loot???

dunno... i'll try it for sure but i don't think i'll like it.