Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

Comments

• HonestLawyer9
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Actually looks pretty cool. Worth a try.
  • bloodprizm
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BR in the wrong game. No, just no.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I see it getting old very fast since it seems to be filled with all of the same weapons we already have for months now, a bit odd to add helicopters and whatever that mini gunboat is too.

Surprised they didn't add legendary guns since it's common, rare, and epic.

Lol. So, you don’t believe that the weapons with be updated? Also, you don’t know if this is a current build or a prior build. It could be from months ago.

And? It doesn't change the fact that it looks to have all of the same guns we've had that I saw in the trailer.

And you don't know if it's an old or current build either so what's your point? I don't see how that matters.
    Did you want weapons from black ops 4?

I can’t help you connect the dots on the second part. That’s on you.
  • Don_en_Ad
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Best battle royale i ever seen.
  • Broliszibaila
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I see it getting old very fast since it seems to be filled with all of the same weapons we already have for months now, a bit odd to add helicopters and whatever that mini gunboat is too.

Anything else you wanna complain about?
    People like you make me sleepy.

Yeah, what about more maps and modes? Naval battles?Air combat? More nations and weapons? More interesting maps? What about idea that people should get the higher standarts for the game?

This BR not going work with such TTD. And looks really wrong to see such thing in the BF.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

Anything else you wanna complain about?
    People like you make me sleepy.

Yeah, what about more maps and modes? Naval battles?Air combat? More nations and weapons? More interesting maps? What about idea that people should get the higher standarts for the game?

This BR not going work with such TTD. And looks really wrong to see such thing in the BF.

On your first point, this mode was done by a different studio. Dice is working on more maps and modes.

Second point, nobody knows what the TTK is for this mode. It most likely won't be the same as the base game. Plus there is armor in the BR mode.
  • JamieCurnock
    634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think this looks good. I'm not a br fan but I'm def up for giving this a go, especially with singles and duos. Really glad it's not just a carbon copy of other br games, the objectives & vehicles are an interesting addition.
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As many have said, not a BR fan but as BR goes, this looks canny.

Will deffo give it a punt.
  • trip1ex
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 7
    Gotta admit that at least this one looks like a unique mode. And I'm not a BR fan. There are also some cool WW2-looking structures and vehicle stuff in the trailer that is decidedly missing from BFV.

ON the other hand, I can't kid myself. IT's guilty until proven innocent. Miracle if this thing is well thought out, well executed and polished from day one.

• PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 7
    Edit: Dumb post, but I can’t delete it. I didn’t realize that was the same video in the OP. I thought he posted a different one.
  • Don_en_Ad
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PoppaPappo wrote: »
    You can actually get a glimpse of Firestorm right now. Someone leaked the Tutorial video on YouTube.

read the first post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=49&v=0FL3c5Ojna4

• VOLBANKER
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Firestorm is an even playingfield"

Except for the cheaters, of course.
  • VOLBANKER
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Scavenge. Fight. Survive."

And camp like there's no tomorrow!
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    "Scavenge. Fight. Survive."

And camp like there's no tomorrow!

I think they are trying to circumvent this by adding the objectives that give epic weapons and vehicles, if you want better loot you have to move to these areas. Plus with fully destructible environments and V1 rockets it will be harder to camp.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I still question the basic idea of adding BR to battlefield besides obvious "EA wants more money". The worst part for me here is the fact that Dice will force BR on everyone with ToW weekly assignments.
  • DarkestHour138
    I still question the basic idea of adding BR to battlefield besides obvious "EA wants more money". The worst part for me here is the fact that Dice will force BR on everyone with ToW weekly assignments.

As long as they don't make one of the necessary challenges to be "Win 1 round of Firestorm" I'll be okay with it. It's not always getting those BR wins. And it gets harder and harder as the mode is out there longer, as it's dedicated BR players have mastered the nuances of the mode.
  • Mc_TheRipper
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well sounds nice and all but in the end the cheaters win, so what's the point? :trollface:
  • DarkestHour138
    Well sounds nice and all but in the end the cheaters win, so what's the point? :trollface:

I'm on console, no need to worry about cheaters.
  • zenn_nme
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, BR is just a overhyped fad of a gamemode for €£ to use as a ca$hcow and they should've used the resources for the benefit of base game.