Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

Comments

• DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It looks lame and more of a carbon copy of all the other BR games then anything else. Ill give it few minutes but then ill be done. This game has been nothing but a disappointment from the start.

How many of the other BR games have tanks, V1 rockets, and fully destructible environments?

They can't stray too far away from the BR formula or else it wouldn't be a BR mode.
  • DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 7
    Yay, kill streaks for a BR game, that sounds so balanced. Drink you kool aid my friend.
  • DirtyDog1974
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is almost like call.of duty meets fortnite, how can we beat that?
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 7
    [removed bait response]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • DirtyDog1974
    edited March 7
    [removed]
  • DirtyDog1974
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Wow. The cryharding in this thread is sad. I don’t even like br, but it didn’t ruin my month because it’s being added to bfv.

Ill just pass on this one, you're not worth my time.
  • Humpday15
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So if you get caught in the fire, do you die instantly?
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 7
    [removed]
  • TheyHaveScissors
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really hope we get real recoil and sway on the weapons with this Firestorm update.

Like PUBG. Which required true mastery of the guns. Depth. Not being boring like now. You know.

• DarkestHour138
    Humpday15 wrote: »
    So if you get caught in the fire, do you die instantly?

Probably not instant. If it's like other games it's a slow health depletion at first and it gets faster as the match progresses.
  • someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still looks like a steaming pile to me. I would much rather have new core content then some gimmicky BR thing. It looks just like any other BR game but instead of a forcefield it a wall of fire and instead of well come to think of it the character models aren't far off between BFV and Fortnite as both are hideous overall :/
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow. The cryharding in this thread is sad. I don’t even like br, but it didn’t ruin my month because it’s being added to bfv.

I'm not into BR but this has definitely got my interest.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

It does look fun. I probably won’t like it though. Lol

• CSO7777
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never played BR before Apex came, never thought I would find it fun. But Apex is 10 times more fun and satisfying than BFV (not a 10 times better game). If Firestorm can bring the fun back in BFV I'm all in for it.

Still a little worried about balance of vehicles/V1s etc vs. infantry, Dice has always struggled with that. But hopefully Criterion can do better than Dice in that regard.

And they compete against Apex, which in general is of much higher quality than BFV, everything just works so well in Apex (except perhaps for the netcode). Dice really needs the game-mechanics to work and not frustrate players as it still does too often in BFV.
  • DrunkwoIf
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    haha think hacks ruin the fun now? wait till you get in BR.
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

It does look fun. I probably won’t like it though. Lol

Yeah i'm not sure how I will fair but I can just have @MachoFantast1c0 carry me as usual. He is pretty much the Finnish Rambo :lol:
  • bran1986
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Never played BR before Apex came, never thought I would find it fun. But Apex is 10 times more fun and satisfying than BFV (not a 10 times better game). If Firestorm can bring the fun back in BFV I'm all in for it.

Still a little worried about balance of vehicles/V1s etc vs. infantry, Dice has always struggled with that. But hopefully Criterion can do better than Dice in that regard.

And they compete against Apex, which in general is of much higher quality than BFV, everything just works so well in Apex (except perhaps for the netcode). Dice really needs the game-mechanics to work and not frustrate players as it still does too often in BFV.

The balance they had with tanks in Incursions was pretty good, they were powerful but they were also very vulnerable. Also it looks like vechicles will need gas to function which can help balance things.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12851 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @DarkestHour138
    If you cannot respond to criticism without flaming, Don't respond.

Next time will of course result in an infraction.