Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

Comments

• TheyHaveScissors
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AlexdeF1 wrote: »
    Love BR games and love BF. This looks really good. I'm hyped!

Lets be honest: it cant compete with PUBG or APEX. There are no serious gunmechanics in BF5.
  • paka90
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally looking forward to it......Hell I bought the game so if it turns out to be a dud I will go back to the standard BFV .
    My only worry for this BR game mode are the cheaters.......They will be all over this like a rash.
    Then again it may help clean up some of the standard game if they are planning a decent AC that bans these knob jockeys.

• MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    "Scavenge. Fight. Survive."

And camp like there's no tomorrow!

Well u can't really camp, good luck with that. You have a ring always closing in and you need to keep scavenging for better Loot.
  • Tullzter
    1082 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it won't be my go to mode in BF but am definitely excited on seeing how it will turn out. Firestorm had a lot more design and fine tuning time than the base game so i'm hoping to see a polished product
  • Attilas0221
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I look back on how this game was marketed, delayed, and the live service... I'm sorry but firestorm will not revive this game, maybe for a few weeks... Firestorm is like stieners failed attack in the movie downfall.

Guys, after you play firestorm for a few weeks you will be asking for new maps etc... You think that will happen? LAWL
  • JediMastaWyn
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Almost zero Dice resources were used on Firestorm, this was developed by Criterion. The only resource that can be argued that was used on this mode was money.

If DICE have zero to do with BR. Then how on earth are we only getting one map from them in March. What are they actually working on?
  • VincentNZ
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It does not seem to use the class system, it has body armor, you can carry two primaries and it has a loot spiral. These are the biggest issues I have with any BR title and where BF could have outclassed the others and create a niche, but they are not taking chances.
    Now we have tanks, that are a potential balance hazard and a total wildcard as the standalone feature. Wow.
  • ArthurFlange23
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loins, girded. Maybe hold back the hate until you've played it? Just sayin'...
  • Normandie-I944
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    And they finally put the long awaited Ju 52 into the game. You can see it in the trailer at 0:11
  • TheyHaveScissors
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Almost zero Dice resources were used on Firestorm, this was developed by Criterion. The only resource that can be argued that was used on this mode was money.

If DICE have zero to do with BR. Then how on earth are we only getting one map from them in March. What are they actually working on?

Good question.

Also, why do we get so many DICE designed battlefield mechanics in Firestorm? Including the almost complete lack of recoil on many guns?
  • Trokey66
    8267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

A new location (Greece) does not necessarily mean only one MAP!

I may be wrong but there may be more than one.....
  • VincentNZ
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

It has been confirmed that Greece will only come with one map. I think a Dev even stated it as early as December.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gamemodes with no respawn are rage inducing.
  • Trokey66
    8267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 8
    VincentNZ wrote: »

It has been confirmed that Greece will only come with one map. I think a Dev even stated it as early as December.

I don't recall that but hey, we shall see soon enough.

One thing I've learned in the years I've been round this gaff is that we don't always get what we expect or what we are told we are getting.
  • VincentNZ

One thing I've learned in the years I've been round this gaff is that we don't always get what we expect or what we are told we are getting.

Well for me it does not make sense to call one map a "location" regardless of how many modes you can play on it. So I took that as proof of having more than just one map. Then I saw the quote and was quite disappointed, but in the end, if it is a good map I'll be fine with it. Panzerstorm was added and brought me nothing, but a reason to leave the server, so that is no content at all, on any mode.
    Now what I find most disturbing an even appalling is that there is supposed to be a GO on that map as well, along with a plane focus, which I just interpret as Panzerstorm with 14 planes instead of tanks.
    Still it might all turn out well, but I see little evidence or indication for a map that pleases me.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Greece is just one map, I would have thought two also so they could have a GO in the location. There is also the the Provence map that was datamined, of course you have to take that with a pinch of salt.

I'll open that can of worms, the devs on Twitter have said there are is a lot of content on the way that the playerbase is going to love. You can take that however you want but I don't think that Dice is going to give up on their flagship franchise.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 8
    I see the forum is full of positive minded people again. What a joy these 'discussions' are.

You sound like one of the Owners of a " Kitchen Nightmare " Episode:
    " We have no Costumers and lose 5k every month, we need help "
    Gordon Ramsay: " Your Food sucks and the Restaurant looks hideous "
    " No no our Food is good. I think Gordon is too negative, i dont need that attitude "
  • TheyHaveScissors
    I see the forum is full of positive minded people again. What a joy these 'discussions' are.

Well if DICE cant get the basics of the coregame right, it sure wont be right in any BR expansion.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wow, from everything that I have been seeing on Twitter and Redit, Firestorm is looking to be better then I anticipated. I wish that Dice would drop us a proper trailer already, I'm getting hyped!