Weekly BF

Why BFV is in its dying stage

Comments

• growlinbear
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After BF4 I was so excited to see more progression in the next 2 games . Soooooooo sad to see it go the other way ! BF5 soooooooo boring !
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from endless bugs, cheaters, horrible UI, boring maps, and frustrating game play, what other factors are contributing to its early demise and “churn rate”?

zero quality control, lack of direction, and shelving content due to fiscal failure
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Maybe it's pc multiplayer gaming that's in its dying stages. After all it is just a world of hack fest.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First day playing I wasn't happy at all. Well 33 minutes and two join in progress as losses. But yesterday day 2. First match was a loss. After that all wins. I was RAMBO reviving like crazy. Kinda became fun. Not as sexy as Bad Company 2.
  • VVaxDaddy
    132 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NoQuart3r wrote: »
    I really like the gunplay, nowhere near as random as BF1 and much more like BF3 for me. Don't know what platform you guys are on but it is well worth messing with all the settings and sensitivities to get totally dialled in. There are some good vids on utube to reference.

Random bullet spread resulting from SIPS is not truly random and if done properly adds an additional layer of skill. l I can somewhat see the argument against base spread but most people that complain about BF1 mechanics don't distinguish between the two and are complaining because they can't manage SIPS.

Gun mechanics in this game are easier than BF1, contrary to popular belief.
  • dayglowfroggy
    517 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not another bf 5 is dead thread.
    I am literally counting down the minutes every night till the kids are in bed so I can get back on the bf 5 .
    Been like this since the beta but you can tell the game is slowly getting better and better it felt I was a game tester for the first few months with stupid bugs and things not tracking etc.
    If they had included combined arms at launch I am convinced the player base would be much bigger as people could get used to things without to many instant deaths.
    I think a f2p fire storm would be a huge boom to the base game and could bring allot of br players over to the bf franchise.
  • xeNizKing
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 8
    It's an excellent game, but can also be very unforgiving which I'm sure is a turnoff for many players.

"The maps are boring."

I keep seeing this, and I still don't understand what it even means. There's a great variety of maps to accommodate virtually every playstyle/preference.

Basically that the maps do not create and unique scenarios its always the same issues; Not enough indestructible cover and too much destructible cover, none of them are built for tanks barring panzerstorm. The maps also are built around a very unforgiving clustered cover design meaning its mostly open area and then barely any cover generally especially on the attacking side with dual objective modes. Almost no environmental elevation making everything feel flat and bland. The list goes on. Its a combination of poor map design and a lack of balance. This makes them extremely boring generally. The only map I enjoy is Panzerstorm on conquest.

The maps ignore the one playstyle that isn't covered. Solo. You can snipe but thats about it, but without a squad the game becomes much more bland and tedious and frustrating. People will complain that "well those players are casuals huurrr durrr" ... only they seem to forget, casuals are the only reason battlefield has been as successful as it has in recent years.
  • RomioiStrategos
    402 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tired of the negative teenage-angst-got nothing-better-to-do threads and responses on this forum. The game is fun. Not perfect but it is fun and good. Don't like it? Don't play it. But **** already with your negativity. Game is not dying. My platoon is slowly but steadily migrating to BFV.
  • rifle77
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tired of the negative teenage-angst-got nothing-better-to-do threads and responses on this forum. The game is fun. Not perfect but it is fun and good. Don't like it? Don't play it. But **** already with your negativity. Game is not dying. My platoon is slowly but steadily migrating to BFV.

Likewise, if you don't like reading opinions of those who disagree with you, the tiny x in the upper right will close your forums. Don't like it? Don't read it.
  • mollyfrank1
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    Im tired of cheats. How can you run past someone hiding in bushes turn and head shoot one shot. DICE and EA don't like but but time to out cheats
    Post edited by mollyfrank1 on
  • SirBobdk
    4112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im tired of cheats. How can you run past someone hiding in bushes turn and head shoot one shot. DICE and EA don't like but but time to out cheats

4 with aimbot yesterday. First time i have seen that many within a few hours.