Guide on how to get SLI working in bf5

Comments

• Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sisblub wrote: »
    Dragam wrote: »
    First off i want to say that no, there is no official sli support, but it is easy to get working, although it will only work with dx11, and not dx12.

1. First off you need to download the program Nvidiainspector.

2. Then you need to choose the "battlefield v" profile.

3. You need to set "SLI compatibility bits dx10 + dx11" to : 0x080116F5

4. You need to set "Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode DX10" to : 0x00000004

5. You need to set "Nvidia predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10" to : 0x00000002

Sli should now work with dx11.

To prevent texture issues while using sli you will also want to force anisotropic filtering to x16 through the global profile in nvidia inspector.

Additionally sli works by far the best with motion blur set to 0 and future frame rendering set to ON in the ingame settings.

Issues using this profile is that dynamic wether effects (such as snow and rain) doesn't render, aswell as a slight amount of ghosting. However, the profile provides about 97% sli scaling, provided nothing in your setup is bottlenecking it.

The sli profile running on my rig at 4k ultra :

3jD5rUM.jpg

i tried doing this and i still only get 10% on the second gpu. i also tried deleting bfv.exe on the battlefield v profile and adding it to battlefield 1 profile on nvidia inspector and still doesn't work. can someone please help me get this to work?? on latest drivers, core i9-9900k, 2080ti SLI

Dice in their infinite wisdom caused this with their feb 14 update.

Solution is to apply all the changes in nvidia inspector as you normally would, and then before entering the game go to c:\programdata\nvidia coorperation\drs, and then take and make the two big files (nvdrsdb0 and nvdrsdb1) read only. Then the game can't remove the sli profile.
  • Lohnezia
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I try all fixes that i found, different profiles settings in inspector, move the bfv.exe to bf1 profile, change the "read only" to profiles file in program data folder, and nothing happens, still maximum 20% on the 1st gpu!
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lohnezia wrote: »
    I try all fixes that i found, different profiles settings in inspector, move the bfv.exe to bf1 profile, change the "read only" to profiles file in program data folder, and nothing happens, still maximum 20% on the 1st gpu!
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

Then you are doing something wrong. Do what my guide says (which does NOT include moving bfv.exe to bf1 profile) and it will work.
  • Lohnezia
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

Then you are doing something wrong. Do what my guide says (which does NOT include moving bfv.exe to bf1 profile) and it will work.

I do it several times, like you say and nothing.
  • Lohnezia
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

Maybe you shoud upload here your bf5 profile for inspector? Thx!
  • Dragam
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

https://ufile.io/ejy7v
  • Lohnezia
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

It doesnt help...

25601525_m.jpg

25601528_m.jpg

25601532_m.jpg

25601546_m.jpg
  • jasonvp
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It doesnt help...

1. Are you playing in DX11 or DX12? If the latter, this isn't going to work at all. This guide ONLY WORKS for DX11.
    2. Do you have Future Frame Rendering (FRR) enabled in the game's settings? You HAVE to have that on.
    3. Are you absolutely certain that you set the NVidia files read-only after you apply the profile changes?

You're doing something wrong.
  • Dragam
    My spec is:
    2x2080ti nvlink
    Dx11
    Motion blur off
    Future frame on
    Nvidia 419.75
    Thx!

It doesnt help...

25601525_m.jpg

25601528_m.jpg

25601532_m.jpg

25601546_m.jpg

Does sli work for you in other games ?
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thum8er wrote: »
    Hi guys as this thread talks about sli , I have an issue/question. With my current setup I cannot push my cards harder then 48-58%. Thats on a resolution scale of 100% now if I bump up the value my cards actually start to perform at 90-98%. Do I have a cpu bottleneck ? Playing at 1440p . I am well aware that at higher resolution the loads shift to the gpu. And I am guessing it is my cpu. Just wanted to hear from you guys.

My Frames also seem pretty low for my setup ranging from 69-120 fps and on average at around 95 Frames.

Specs are : 4930k @ 4.7Ghz ,1080ti Sli , 16GB DDR4 and a SSD. This issue also only occurs when I play multiplayer if I play the campaign I get perfect scaling.

Thanks for responding.

Yes, there is most likely a cpu bottleneck. I am pretty sure your ingame cpu usage is hitting 100% most of the time. With a 8700k you would be getting over 200fps with that setup.
  • SystemicProgress
    First off i want to say that no, there is no official sli support, but it is easy to get working, although it will only work with dx11, and not dx12.

4. You need to set "Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode DX10" to : 0x00000004

To prevent texture issues while using sli you will also want to force anisotropic filtering to x16 through the global profile in nvidia inspector.

Additionally sli works by far the best with motion blur set to 0 and future frame rendering set to ON in the ingame settings.

Issues using this profile is that dynamic wether effects (such as snow and rain) doesn't render, aswell as a slight amount of ghosting. However, the profile provides about 97% sli scaling, provided nothing in your setup is bottlenecking it.

3jD5rUM.jpg

i tried doing this and i still only get 10% on the second gpu. i also tried deleting bfv.exe on the battlefield v profile and adding it to battlefield 1 profile on nvidia inspector and still doesn't work. can someone please help me get this to work?? on latest drivers, core i9-9900k, 2080ti SLI

Revert your gpu driver to 417.71 and then follow the instructions. Select "Battlefront II (2017)" 0x080112F5 profile in NvidiaInspector as it scales better (better gpu usage) than the "Battlefield I" 0x080116F5. Report back. Goodluck.
  • Dragam
    Thum8er wrote: »
    Hi guys as this thread talks about sli , I have an issue/question. With my current setup I cannot push my cards harder then 48-58%. Thats on a resolution scale of 100% now if I bump up the value my cards actually start to perform at 90-98%. Do I have a cpu bottleneck ? Playing at 1440p . I am well aware that at higher resolution the loads shift to the gpu. And I am guessing it is my cpu. Just wanted to hear from you guys.

My Frames also seem pretty low for my setup ranging from 69-120 fps and on average at around 95 Frames.

Specs are : 4930k @ 4.7Ghz ,1080ti Sli , 16GB DDR4 and a SSD. This issue also only occurs when I play multiplayer if I play the campaign I get perfect scaling.

Thanks for responding.

Yes, there is most likely a cpu bottleneck. I am pretty sure your ingame cpu usage is hitting 100% most of the time. With a 8700k you would be getting over 200fps with that setup.

I have a 4930k, and no... just no. At no point is the cpu a limiting factor for me.

Also IF he could only get 69 fps with a 4930k at 4.7 ghz, then there is no way he would get over 200 fps with a 8700k, as it only has about 60% higher single thread performance, and the same amount of cores / threads.

You are basically talking out of your ****.
  • Dragam

3jD5rUM.jpg

Revert your gpu driver to 417.71 and then follow the instructions. Select "Battlefront II (2017)" 0x080112F5 profile in NvidiaInspector as it scales better (better gpu usage) than the "Battlefield I" 0x080116F5. Report back. Goodluck.

Go and troll another thread. Kthxbye.
  • SystemicProgress

I have a 4930k, and no... just no. At no point is the cpu a limiting factor for me.

Also IF he could only get 69 fps with a 4930k at 4.7 ghz, then there is no way he would get over 200 fps with a 8700k, as it only has about 60% higher single thread performance, and the same amount of cores / threads.

It is ok to disagree, as long as we can stay civilized and respectful. 8700k outperforms 4930k in any way. It is possible to average 120-130fps with 8700k and 1 gtx 1080ti in 1440p. His average was 95fps (120fps high side). One reason for the frame drops is the game itself. Other than that, the cpu he has, is not pushing enough frames to the 2 gtx 1080tis and thus the low gpu usage. When I said over 200fps, that was a prediction. It was never meant to be an accurate measurement.
  • Dragam
    edited March 2

It is ok to disagree, as long as we can stay civilized and respectful. 8700k outperforms 4930k in any way. It is possible to average 120-130fps with 8700k and 1 gtx 1080ti in 1440p. His average was 95fps (120fps high side). One reason for the frame drops is the game itself. Other than that, the cpu he has, is not pushing enough frames to the 2 gtx 1080tis and thus the low gpu usage. When I said over 200fps, that was a prediction. It was never meant to be an accurate measurement.

I don't disagree, as there is nothing to disagree about. Fact is that you are pulling those numbers out of your ****. When lowering the resolution to 720p (thus ensuring that i am entirely cpu bottlenecked), i am able to run the game at 150+ fps, even 200 depending on the map.

7cP5Ucr.jpg

Unless he has a faulty cpu, that is not where the problem lies...

As i wrote to him the issue is more likely ram, as ram speed and latency makes a significant difference with this cpu in this game.

And yes, obviously a 8700k is faster, roughly 60% as i wrote, but it is hardly relevant when he doesn't have a 8700k, and that the cpu he has is more than sufficient for this game. Add to that, the 8700k only has 16 pcie lanes, so if you game at 4k (or higher) you will actually lose gpu performance with a 8700k vs a 4930k (which has 40 pcie 3.0 lanes), as pcie bandwidth is super important for sli performance.

Now lets get back on topic - this thread is about getting sli to work, so write in the bf5 performance thread if you have performance issues.
    Post edited by Dragam on
  • atomtbomb
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just want to say thanks! Your steps worked great, and I've got 2 1070s running in SLI perfectly.
  • SystemicProgress

3jD5rUM.jpg

Oh it is you again. The guy that can't live with an opinion different than his own. Sad. What are you whining about now? Probably about this suggestion not being aligned with your guide rhetoric. Is that it? Of course it is. Lets hear your whining response.
  • Dragam

3jD5rUM.jpg

Oh it is you again. The guy that can't live with an opinion different than his own. Sad. What are you whining about now? Probably about this suggestion not being aligned with your guide rhetoric. Is that it? Of course it is. Lets hear your whining response.

You really have no clue what you are talking about in regards to anything. His issue was that dice had made it so that the profile resets every time you enter the game, thus he had to make the driver config files read only... it had NOTHING to do with what driver version he was using, as any driver can get the sli bits added, nor did it have anything to do with using bf1 profile, as that won't lead to 10% load on the 2nd gpu. 10% gpu load on the 2nd gpu means that the gpu's cuda cores is assisting the cpu in cpu heavy tasks due to sli not being active.

If you had any knowledge about sli and just a tiny bit of activity in that pea brain of yours, you would have come the same conclusions... but clearly you don't, so kthxbye !
  • ragnarok013
    2881 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Dragam @SystemicProgress just a reminder to remain civil even if you disagree or this thread will be closed.

• SystemicProgress
    @Dragam @SystemicProgress just a reminder to remain civil even if you disagree or this thread will be closed.

Absolutely. I have tried to keep it at an objective level, but this guy started with his aggravating comments.

Fact is that you are pulling those numbers out of your ****.
    Go and troll another thread.
    You really have no clue what you are talking about in regards to anything.
    If you had any knowledge about sli and just a tiny bit of activity in that pea brain of yours, you would have come the same conclusions... but clearly you don't

You admins should have addressed this, as this is the fuel that drives us in the wrong direction.

An absurd statement was this one:
    I don't disagree, as there is nothing to disagree about.

He is basically stating that he doesn't disagree, but he continues to push his own view. He discarded and rejected a different opinion, while at the same time promoted his own and ridiculed other.

It is better to close this thread, than to allow this conversation to continue. I didn't start it, but I'll put the last nail in it.