Please DICE. Hear us.

_MwG_StangV2_0
80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
DICE please listen to your community. It is us who have driven this franchise and right now you are removing some of the core elements of what made BF great. BFV is not perfect but with some polishing it can be very good. Remember BF4 issues? How good is the game now? The problem is that you took so long to implement necessary changes that the community lost interest. Make the changes we are asking for now.

And then the lack of rent a servers.. this is your biggest mistake. You now have game modes that aren't being community driven with customizable options. It is so annoying to go into BFV and see only 2 conquest servers. With 8 ppl in each Q. C'mon.. more servers eventually appear but this is arguably the biggest failure.

How can you only have two servers on a Friday night for the entire African continent? And then when more appear we have to wait for 16 players to start.

The enter and exit vehicle animations need to be dropped. It slows down gameplay and takes out the quick changes we all love of the previous games. The squad revive option is cool and should have been there in previous games. The low ammo can be a pain but it also calls for greater team play and not just spraying wildly.

With that said I am enjoying BFV. Finding it difficult compared to BF4 and 3 etc but it's fun none the less.

Please DICE. Let us rent servers. Let us drive this game and make the changes we wish for in game modes.

Comments

• -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And why are aircraft, the most fragile piece of equipment on a battlefield, death proof... except when they are farming you...
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sunday eve right now. 8pm. 2 servers. both full.. GG Dice.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 3
    And why are aircraft, the most fragile piece of equipment on a battlefield, death proof... except when they are farming you...

Manning the .30 cal on the armored personel carrier. Pumped >75% of the rounds in the oncoming ME109 that attacks us then flies overhead. 19 points of damage. This is what makes me understand DICE has no comprehension of balancing. Its just frustrating.

Risk isnt rewarded at all in this game, while no-skill no recoil no sway assault weapons act like laserrifles. Bah. Boring, frustrating game.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Learn how to use the server browser before you come here and cry on the forums
  • TheyHaveScissors
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RRedux wrote: »

Manning the .30 cal on the armored personel carrier. Pumped >75% of the rounds in the oncoming ME109 that attacks us then flies overhead. 19 points of damage. This is what makes me understand DICE has no comprehension of balancing. Its just frustrating.

Risk isnt rewarded at all in this game, while no-skill no recoil no sway assault weapons act like laserrifles. Bah. Boring, frustrating game.

Well you see, none of the programmers who can make changes actually play the game themselves. They just ask high-profile twitch players what they think and make changes accordingly.

Ah now it all makes sense. Explain why theres no sway at all in this game, and almost no recoil on many assault guns.
  • DiscoPr0
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I do use the server browser and there is still very little to choose from.

You should try it yourself before you come here and put your foot in your mouth on the forums.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Well you see, none of the programmers who can make changes actually play the game themselves. They just ask high-profile twitch players what they think and make changes accordingly.

Thats just not true.. I see [DICE] tags alllll the time.. Even played a round with Braddock512 this previous Tuesday I think it was... I know hes not a developer but the previous statement still stands..
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Re: instant entering and exiting, not everyone wants that back, I sure don’t. The whole jumping out a plane sniping someone and getting back in is just silly. But each to their own.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 8
    Have you ever been to the Wailing Wall in the old city of Jerusalem?
    You write your prayer on a slip of paper, fold it up and put in a crack, and wait for a higher power to decide to fix it. I'll bet there are some in there, 'cuz nothing is going to happen here.
  • DigitalHype
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thats just not true.. I see [DICE] tags alllll the time.. Even played a round with Braddock512 this previous Tuesday I think it was... I know hes not a developer but the previous statement still stands..

Are you playing on console or PC?

• SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The enter and exit vehicle animations need to be dropped. It slows down gameplay and takes out the quick changes we all love of the previous games.

I find this animation very counter-productive. The time needed to enter/exit a vehicle should be decreased to the least.

• EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 8

Are you playing on console or PC?

PC.. Havnt we played together like a million times??
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I do use the server browser and there is still very little to choose from.

You should try it yourself before you come here and put your foot in your mouth on the forums.

If I can look at the advanced search and find forty-four servers in my region all but three of which are full, then perhaps you could explain how you have your server browser set up, because you seem to be getting wildly different results from a lot of other players.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE please listen to your community. It is us who have driven this franchise and right now you are removing some of the core elements of what made BF great. BFV is not perfect but with some polishing it can be very good. Remember BF4 issues? How good is the game now? The problem is that you took so long to implement necessary changes that the community lost interest. Make the changes we are asking for now.

And then the lack of rent a servers.. this is your biggest mistake. You now have game modes that aren't being community driven with customizable options. It is so annoying to go into BFV and see only 2 conquest servers. With 8 ppl in each Q. C'mon.. more servers eventually appear but this is arguably the biggest failure.

How can you only have two servers on a Friday night for the entire African continent? And then when more appear we have to wait for 16 players to start.

The enter and exit vehicle animations need to be dropped. It slows down gameplay and takes out the quick changes we all love of the previous games. The squad revive option is cool and should have been there in previous games. The low ammo can be a pain but it also calls for greater team play and not just spraying wildly.

With that said I am enjoying BFV. Finding it difficult compared to BF4 and 3 etc but it's fun none the less.

Please DICE. Let us rent servers. Let us drive this game and make the changes we wish for in game modes.

Why do you direct this at DICE when the decision to get rid of rented servers belongs to EA? DICE is a design studio owned by EA, they work for EA, they don't tell EA what to do any more than the car designers at Chevrolet tell General Motors what to do.

I entirely agree with you about rented servers, but I believe EA has done away with them because they know such servers and the clan community that grows up around them extend the lifespan of games and they don't want that. EA now wants console-style disposable games that will be replaced by new games every two years, so they don't want us playing BFV when BF6 is available for sale, they want us buying the new game.
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    And now with Firestorm it appears as if we don't have local servers. My entire squad of SA players and I all joined in at once on many occasions just to end up playing with 220ms ping. It's not a problem too much until you get into a firefight.

I am really hoping we get local content..
  • parkingbrake
    And now with Firestorm it appears as if we don't have local servers. My entire squad of SA players and I all joined in at once on many occasions just to end up playing with 220ms ping. It's not a problem too much until you get into a firefight.

I am really hoping we get local content..

If EA is shutting down server locations to cut costs then there is only one thing for people in the affected regions to do, namely never buy an EA game again, not ever. Take the time to sit down and write them too, and let them know they have permanently lost you as a customer. To get people to buy a game by setting up regional servers and then taking away those servers amounts to fraud in my opinion. It really isn't hard to figure out why EA has repeatedly been voted the worst company in America, they have consistently displayed a contempt for their customers and even their own products which is truly amazing.
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    Is i3d not still hosting for EA? We have an i3d hub in SA.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    They did, and it's part of the reason the game is such a mess.

Personally, I think EA are reacting rather than making changes from a perspective informed by a clear idea of what Battlefield should be. By this, I mean they are not just reacting to post-launch salt (although they are), but that BFV itself is a reaction to changes in the FPS market. This led them to commission a battle royale mode and introduce skins and other microtransaction-friendly cosmetics. This was bound to alienate a large proportion of the Battlefield fanbase.
    Post edited by TNA_SneakyMonkey on
  • Gh0sTpm
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure exactly where to post this, so I guess I'll start here. In my humble opinion, one of the best things this game could do is to add an all-airplane mode similar to Star Wars Battlefront I & II. That is probably one of the best game modes that keeps THAT game going and it would push this one into the next level. It would be easy to implement and wouldn't require creating of new maps. They could be either 16 or 32 player.

I love the flying portion, but it's like ordering a bacon burger just to eat the two slices of bacon. There isn't enough! Some people may not like airplanes as much, that's why I'd recommend the special maps just for dogfights. What do you guys think?