So, what you think of Rush??

Comments

• Granatenmaxe
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not as good as BC2 but much better than in BF1. Please make it permanent and expand to different maps.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remake 3 maps from BC2.
    • Valparaíso
    • Arica Harbor
    • Laguna Presa
  • DogRoyal
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Played around 10 maps to do the tow. I'm not impressed.
    The gameplay becomes very cluster and most players were more or less playing TDM and not Rush.
    BC2 had maps designed for rush. Huge maps and good distance between m-coms. Something BFV don't have.
    Rush used to be my favorite gameplay, but I'm not going to play it again in BFV.

Agree. I made it through a handfull of games and I'm not touching it again. It was a horrible experience. Not going to bother finish the TOW assignments.

Why on earth didnt they just use the variants from Grand Operations. They have "rush rounds" in there where you need to plant bombs a little different but not much.

Make it bigger maps and 32v32 and I think that will help a lot with the very poor team-balance - as several already mentioned the games tend to be very one-sided and therefore are over very quickly and just leave people frustrated.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DogRoyal wrote: »
    The gameplay becomes very cluster and most players were more or less playing TDM and not Rush.
    BC2 had maps designed for rush. Huge maps and good distance between m-coms. Something BFV don't have.
    Rush used to be my favorite gameplay, but I'm not going to play it again in BFV.

Agree. I made it through a handfull of games and I'm not touching it again. It was a horrible experience. Not going to bother finish the TOW assignments.

Why on earth didnt they just use the variants from Grand Operations. They have "rush rounds" in there where you need to plant bombs a little different but not much.

Make it bigger maps and 32v32 and I think that will help a lot with the very poor team-balance - as several already mentioned the games tend to be very one-sided and therefore are over very quickly and just leave people frustrated.

64p will be straight up awful. Forcing 64p into small areas is never a good idea. Even if you make ''bigger maps''. Just look what happened with Breakthrough. Not enough room to employ tactics. What is wrong with you.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Remake 3 maps from BC2.
    • Valparaíso
    • Arica Harbor
    • Laguna Presa

100% support this even though I'm not a remake fan as a rule.
  • DogRoyal
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DogRoyal wrote: »

64p will be straight up awful. Forcing 64p into small areas is never a good idea. Even if you make ''bigger maps''. Just look what happened with Breakthrough. Not enough room to employ tactics. What is wrong with you.

What is wrong with me? Lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It should not be on the small maps as I stated. I think the variant from grand ops works fine and they should do something along those lines.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remake 3 maps from BC2.
    • Valparaíso
    • Arica Harbor
    • Laguna Presa

100% support this even though I'm not a remake fan as a rule.
    Neither am I, but seeíng how they design new maps I would prefer remake of old maps.
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having a ton of fun with it, I'm really enjoying the new reinforcement aspects as well. I had some steamrolls (both sides) but I also had some real hard fought wins. If your team has too many snipers then the objectives are going to be fairly unguarded.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is just more recycled content for ToW. Its a frantic mess. If you're into that, fine. But, it's not the "Rush" gamemode we had from earlier titles. In those titles the map layout had consideration of the gamemode. Now DICE has just thrown a bunch of a mcom/artillery down in constrained areas of the existing maps.

1. Design new maps specificly for RUSH, if you want to do it right.
    2. Fix the start-of-round balancer or delay the start longer so that the game doesn't start lopsided. By the time the server fills the side with a player deficit, it is too late. And the frustrated team is in a hopeless quit-cycle.
    3. Use more of the map and spread the objective areas out further. Pacing is off. Its plays like a TDM meatgrinder.
    4. Increase the attackers ticket count.
    5. Remove the armor from early game.
    6. Give option for 24 player Rush.
    7. Break up large clan stacks. When a single platoon/clan fills 2 or 3 squads, it kills the server. Move some of those squads to opposing team.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reason rush was more of a classic in Bad Company 2 was cause it only was 12vs12. 3 squads for each team. 4 players in a squad. Made for a tight knit group. Easy communication and more call outs. This gen gaming barely anyone using the main game chat and either have mics turned off or in a party chat with friends.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Reason rush was more of a classic in Bad Company 2 was cause it only was 12vs12. 3 squads for each team. 4 players in a squad. Made for a tight knit group. Easy communication and more call outs. This gen gaming barely anyone using the main game chat and either have mics turned off or in a party chat with friends.

I try to use main game chat and have never had a reply and have not heard a single player in game since ps4 launch. I'm pretty sure when I talk in game others can't hear me too.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also MCOMM bashing on BC2 was the best. Yet people cried to Dice. Then Dice listened to the scrubs and they nerfed the old house rules. I cant remember how many sticks of c4 it was first day but near the end it was maybe 12 or more? To take it out. Also we got creative when Dice nefed things. Then we used the UAV drone and strapped it full of c4 from the whole team and taken out most MCOMMS. Or c4 on quad bikes. Or tank blast them from miles away or rpgs them. Or caved in the buildings to get the 2.0 cave in. But then Dice nerfed it again and moved a bunch of MCOMMS outside of most buildings. Then we just armed it the main way and RAMBO revived like crazy. Good times though.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    awful, just like nearly all the other game modes.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Exactly and the maps were big enough (bigger even then now for 32p) for rush.

I dont know what DICE was thinking when designing rush for BFV.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did the whole assignment in one evening. Playing with random squads was painful, but once a couple of friends showed up we rolled through it pretty fast. It felt like two games out of three my team was composed of barnyard animals with no clue how to play this mode, they all wanted to sit back and shoot out of windows from a distance which is the best way to lose. The other third of the time my team crushed the other side whether we were attacking or defending, I guess the sheep and cows had moved to that team.

Rush is really map dependent, some Rush maps in BF4 were horrible with the attackers having to cross huge open areas with no cover. There was one where they had to move between islands in choppers and boats, they were slaughtered of course. If they decide to keep Rush in BFV they need more than three maps and they should bring back the old feature of expanding the maps to areas not used in Conquest, that was kind of fun. Overall it didn't feel much different that other modes we already have which require arming bombs etc., it's just a different name.
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    My biggest complaint is the tanks. IMO, Rush should be infantry only.
  • DirtyDog1974
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Make me miss Squad Conquest that much more! At least with SC tactics actually matter.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont know what DICE was thinking when designing rush for BFV.

The same when making the Game itself: nothing......
  • GeneralXIV
    308 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its ok. Im currently at 18,000xp playing rush out of 25,000 to complete the assignment. I'm not sure its a game mode Im gonna play other than to do the assignments though. Its not as good as conquest and Id say slightly better than Frontlines but worse than Breakthrough.

Im not sure how Rush was in other Battlefield games... Because I havent played them. But the objectives feel really close together and for both teams it feels like youre running into endless sniper/machine gun fire and its really chaotic. I also dont like on Narvik that one team gets a tank and the other team doesnt. It seems a little unfair. I also maintain that a slower TTK would be better for objective modes :P But otherwise *shrugs* Its a little biased, very chaotic and very close but overall not as bad as I originally thought.

Playing rush also earned me my... idk, first/second message from another player. He called me a camper, though I was playing as a medic at the time and taking cover from a tank when he climbed up in front of me. I was actually really mobile that game. I said I was sorry if I frustrated him or he felt like I killed him unfairly, then watched the gameplay back and explained what happened. I hope he is fine with that, whoever he was. I tried to be nice :)