Battlefield V 90%+++ cpu load

Markhuggu
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So i have 90%+++ cpu load in BF V after the update. So i can play 10 - 30 min and then my game crashes. all my drivers are upto date and clean install windows 10 64bit

ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming, S1151
Intel Core i7-8700K 6-Core, 12-Thread, 3.7/4.7GHz, 95W
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 32GB
ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Gaming
Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD
Corsair AX 1200W PSU

Comments

• SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are the max cpu/gpu temps? Do other games also crash? Do you have anything overclocked?
  • Markhuggu
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    65cpu 70 gpu only in BF V. and no overclocked
  • re-2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Similar situation, except I have a Geforce 2080 Ti, i7 8700k overclocked to 5ghz. BF 5 has always been a higher cpu usage. Now with the new driver the gpu is 50-60% and cpu 60-70%. Temps are good, fps is solid 144hz. I put the 3D setting, power management to optimal, to get the gpu boost. Do you use MSI Afterburner ? Try turning up the power and temperature limit, these might help. It's Battlefield always a cpu intensive game. Future frame rendering will make the cpu run at a higher usage also.
  • wartuner
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try not to use OC on Ram just XMP since when i oveclocked my ram i had crashes in BF5 3200 to 3700 insted i now use XMP 3200 cpu is oc to 5.0 9700k all its stable 55% - 65% CPU load
  • Kompura
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You didn't mention the BF video settings. DX11/DX12, Future frame rendering on/off etc. Updates sometimes changes your video settings.
  • Markhuggu
    i have tried every video settings on low ultra on and off. tried to overclocked cpu and gpu and still i get 90%++ cpu load. and when i hit 100% cpu load BF V crashes. and it only happens in BF V. all other games runs on low cpu load.
  • wartuner
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what cpu usage you have when not playin bf5
  • xHonest_Abe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing you forgot to mention is how you are cooling your CPU. Since Battlefield 4, I always use something such as Corsair Hydro 115i. Battlefield is one of those big heat generators. Also, the M.2 will get very hot after awhile I you have a motherboard that the M.2 is located under the graphics card. I had one like that using the MSI carbon MB. Later I switch to ROG Asus Strike 390E, because the M.2 holder had a second location far away from the graphics card and with a large heat sink. Some of the motherboards for the second location do not have 3x4 and will bottleneck. This one does not bottleneck.
    It might be all about throttling down because of the heat buildup.
  • Markhuggu
    i have custom cooling for my cpu. so on max load 50-60 celsius. and my m.2 is on 40 celsius max. and when i dont play bf v my cpu use 1-5% and when i play ark all settings on ultra it use 20-30% of my cpu. i had no problem playing this game before the update. and now i cant play more then 10-30 min and then it crash.
  • EKiefer1
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Markhuggu wrote: »
    i have tried every video settings on low ultra on and off. tried to overclocked cpu and gpu and still i get 90%++ cpu load. and when i hit 100% cpu load BF V crashes. and it only happens in BF V. all other games runs on low cpu load.

Are your fps like 144 with a 144hz monitor, if so try capping fps to 120 or use a user.cfg file with "GameTime.MaxVariableFps xx.000000".
    Were xx you add the value you want.