Weekly BF

Useless stationery location on Hamada. (With PIC.)

Marsdmellow
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hey all.

Im not sure how much thought when into this from EA, but there is (For me tho) a sort of "useless" stationery weapon on Hamada when playing Breakthrough.

The one I am talking of, is on the defensive side. Then you have the AT stationery (The one with the big canon -.-.) to the far right up towards the pilots refueling post.
The position itself is really good, but because of the limitation of the Y-axis view. You are not able to shoot the vehicle coming in.
And now again, im not sure of this is intended.. but ftm.. No one is using it. I've added some pictures for some Scenarios.

https://ibb.co/j4mT7rz

Again stuck on the Y-axis

https://ibb.co/hg3Kr9W

Again stuck on the Y-axis
Frustrating you cant hit the place where everyone goes to on that side (The big red marker) and the valley where 50% of the vehicles go (Smaller circle with vehicle.)

https://ibb.co/x11H634

Again stuck on the Y-axis.
These two bad boys went right over with the "main road". and I cant hit them anywhere on the way... I mean... Who sets up a stationery weapon that cant hit the Main road???
Right as they peek over while driving on the main road, you cant hit them, but they can hit you.

Again, im not sure if this is made for "balance" reasons... but then, why put it there?? for show ? :)

Thanks for the game EA, but you all still have alot of work to do as I can see in all the posts.. but if you could make this... that is just another check on the list :P

Comments

• Bheid
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice has a really shoddy background with gun emplacements. Heck Neebs gaming even made a BF friends about this a few years ago.

Bad gun emplacements are about as legacy as bullet proof bushes for DICE.
  • Mr_Deviouss
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Out of all the stationary guns in the game, machine guns are the worst. Their positioning is intentionally gimped, no one with a grain of salt in their heads would place those guns the way they're placed now. To make matters worse, there's always something conveniently blocking your line of sight so you can't actually control choke points or wide areas. Also, they block so much of the view that it seems like you're shooting through a keyhole. I think in past 3 months I've maybe been killed by Wickers 1 or 2 times. The number of times I'd see MMGs and LMGs line up right next to Wickers and not even touch them tells you everything you need to know. Stationary AA gets more use, mainly out of desperation when the planes really start causing problems. The PAK's are used almost exclusively to take down buildings or shoot random runners. Against tanks they're just about useless. You need like 10 shots into the tank to actually kill them and being thrown out of zoom after every shot, and just at the moment your shot lands means you can't really adjust aim. Overall, think of the static weapons more like map decoration.
  • Noodlesocks
    3073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bheid wrote: »
    Dice has a really shoddy background with gun emplacements. Heck Neebs gaming even made a BF friends about this a few years ago.

My favourite is when they put AA behind a building or in a ditch.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zenga wrote: »
    You need like 10 shots into the tank to actually kill them and being thrown out of zoom after every shot, and just at the moment your shot lands means you can't really adjust aim. Overall, think of the static weapons more like map decoration.

^Precisely this... you are waiting to see where you shell landed so you can adjust, but no, you are forced into some goofy reload animation therefore, you have no idea if you need to move over 10 degrees to the right or 40 degrees to the left.. it's infuriating to say the least.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bheid wrote: »

for the record, one of patches addressed the bushes stating "some bushes are no longer bulletproof". it just hurts reading
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a lot of these on lots of maps. Rotterdam has a few cannons facing completely away from any objective and it's in the spawn of one of the teams.

It's nothing new.