Weekly Debrief

The stomps in this game are getting more ridiculous by the day

VforVengxance
27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
My friend sent this to me earlier...I couldn't believe my eyes. How tragic is matchmaking in this bloody game? Or is it the playerbase? Are the casuals becoming more oblivious to the objective?

gavsdfvaf.png

Comments

• Daytonaflyer
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see a lot of level 50s on each team, but the funny thing is none of them are at the top of the scoreboard on the winning team. I don't know how you expect the game to compensate for that.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A bit of both, as you can see there are a few really good ptfo players on the loosing team but after them the score dropoff and the very low scores of all the rest of their team compared to the winning team indicates they weren't on the objective. I've been in games where my squad an I are getting 15,000+ points and the guy below us on the board has 6,000. Obviously we loose those.
    There needs to be team balancing so some of the ptfo players from that winning team are moved to the loosing team and in my opinion there needs to be some sort of education for conquest or punishment for not playing the objective.
    I've said in other posts I feel if you spawn in as infantry you should be kicked if you don't capture an objective after a certain period of time or if you remain in spawn or stationary i.e. camping for a certain period of time. Even special servers like this would be good. As it is right now everyone can do what they please and as you can see by that scoreboard more than half of the playerbase has no idea how to win a game or has any clue that their actions are causing the loss.
    Worse still is some games I've been in where there are actually other squads besides mine that want to ptfo but they just follow us around instead of going to get other flags. So we, as a group of like 16, cap the flag and push the next and loose the first because everyone who cares about the flags is running with us and no one spawns in to defend. We then wait at one to defend and guess what? We get met by 16 enemies doing the same thing and we are outnumbered.
    I think a new in depth pregame video is needed to explain how to play to everyone, and it should not be skipable.
  • VincentNZ
    2923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The points for the losing team are meaningless as it is day three of the operations and most of the losing team has clearly just recently entered the game. The main reason for the ticket difference is the difference in actual active players in this particular round.
  • GloriousRepublic
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    Alot of it could be helped if at the start of the round the game waited to start till both teams have even numbers. So many times one team will get stomped and then right at the end of the match half the server will rage quit out and the next match will start with one team with 30 players and the other with 15 -20. Then match starts and the team with all the players overwhelm most of the objectives and even more players on the low team quit. The cycle of new players joining and quiting runs basically 1 to 1 and low man team never ends up filling out the entire match. Its like a snowball effect.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was on a server last night where fully 2/3 of one team were clan members.

I get the way you can clan stack, it isn't hard. But these aren't rented clan servers, this **** should not happen.

They stomped the side I was on by a ludicrous margin.

This game needs some form of balance.
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The gun play makes knowing the maps a real priority, so casual players can sit still and hope someone runs in front of them or try and play and die a lot. The assignments are a huge disincentive to team play, lots of people will focus on them rather than switching classes as required to help their team.

Throw an actual decent squad into that, who have a recon popping flares and a support resupplying him and things will get very skewed pretty quickly.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I placed #7 on losing team first day I played this game as rank zero.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    Once your team looses several players the other team pushes you all the way back to your spawn and traps you there. When new players fill those empty slots they keep getting killed at the spawn and quit out. It becomes an endless cycle of players dropping out and joining. It's almost impossible to recover and it's so annoying. I've tried to use smoke granades and spawn beacons to help get my team out of the spawn but it never works. Eventually everyone switches to the sniper class and sits at the spawn point trying to at least get a few kills.
  • zetamen21
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Balance was terrible on release, now, and will be on long time. It's core mechanism and it was released. Developers incompetent to make it normal.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice needs to change player behavior AND do some kind of autobalance/scramble. Players are leaving matches in droves when they are on the losing team. So now instead of switching to spectator and then switching to winning team when a spot opens, people just quit and play the lottery hoping to get on the winning team. That is lame. But then it leaves the rest of us on the losing team without much choice but to do the same thing or face getting stomped over and over due to a combination of bad players and less players.

What kind of game do they want? A single player stat grinder, or a team based strategic war game? Based on high visibility of kills and deaths and the single player focused assignments and daily orders, they want a single player game. Not for me.

There is a really fun team based game in here, but DICE is not "gaming" the game enough to encourage players to stop being stat hoars and start acting like committed part of a team.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice needs to change player behavior AND do some kind of autobalance/scramble. Players are leaving matches in droves when they are on the losing team. So now instead of switching to spectator and then switching to winning team when a spot opens, people just quit and play the lottery hoping to get on the winning team. That is lame. But then it leaves the rest of us on the losing team without much choice but to do the same thing or face getting stomped over and over due to a combination of bad players and less players.

What kind of game do they want? A single player stat grinder, or a team based strategic war game? Based on high visibility of kills and deaths and the single player focused assignments and daily orders, they want a single player game. Not for me.

There is a really fun team based game in here, but DICE is not "gaming" the game enough to encourage players to stop being stat hoars and start acting like committed part of a team.
    In fairness, unless they entirely remove the visible tracking of all kills and deaths, people will still try and boost their KD. In fact, some would even if you did do that. There's nothing that can really be done about that.
    However, there does definitely need to be a team shuffle after every full match (so when the map changes on Conquest, Breakthrough etc and when the region changes on Grand Ops) so that you don't get steamrolls as often, and when a team does steamroll it is split up. If it kept the squads together but moved them around, that would be fine - otherwise if you're just casually playing with a friend or two, you'd probably end up getting put on different teams which is just annoying. Yes, there will still be steamrolls, and yes, people on the losing team will still quit, but less so.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They don't care.
  • Delta245
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know if they track quits in stats, but that could be a start.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was thinking about it just now when I joined 3 servers in a row to get stuck on the losing side with 2 minutes to spare.

All 3 games had players 70+:5, with no aeroplanes. I quite honestly can only recall one single game where I had the super high KDR player on my team. In 200 hours of play. Now I'm sure I'm forgetting some times where we did, but the last game had 3 of them on the enemy team.

Every game I join is on the losing side and generally you stay losing for quite a while. I don't have time to grind out a losing streak. Back near release there were many more evenly matched games. A loss? Well wait it out. Not so much recently.
  • Woodlbrad
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    They had an auto team balancer in bf1 it was complete trash. Its crazy how bad the balance is in this game pretty much every aspect is horrible maps weapons classes veichles its like they learned nothing from previous titles. I don't blame ppl for leaving who wants to carry a bunch of horrible players who can't control an objective or 2 they won't help you in fights or perform their class role they just run off solo and die repeatedly.
  • Kayback
    Kayback wrote: »
    I was on a server last night where fully 2/3 of one team were clan members.

I get the way you can clan stack, it isn't hard. But these aren't rented clan servers, this **** should not happen.

They stomped the side I was on by a ludicrous margin.

This game needs some form of balance.

I'm seeing multiple clans working together to produce imbalanced games, and it's a safe bet that they are on each other's friends lists and using the same VOIP channel too because they are mixing with each other in the same squads. IMO this amounts to stat padding. If DICE would wake up and have the server scramble squads between rounds then at least there wouldn't be a string of one-sided rounds. With no rented servers and thus no admins there isn't anyone to balance teams, so scrambling squads between teams seems to be the only way around this situation.

This is even worse they were all the SAME clan. Complete and obvious team stacking which casuals can do nothing about except be cannon fodder for.