Moust and Keyboard on BF5 on Xbox 1x?

theCB
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi there i'm a pc gamer and heard that the xbox now has mouse and keyboard support. Is it that cut and dry? Can I play bf5 with a mouse and keyboard like it's a pc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, it's not cut and dry. Yes, the Xbox has Mouse and keyboard support, but the game devs need to allow it for their game, which it isn't for Battlefield. You can use M/K with a third party device like a XIM. However, that is kinda a gray area, where some console players think using M/K on console is cheating and unethical.
  • SGT_Lindy
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the game does not support it the any other method is flat out cheating IMHO.

Right now m/k is supported only on a few games and those games actually need it. I see it focused on RTS type games like Halo wars because the controller does not have enough buttons.
  • Anadunae
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It works on the games it has currently been introduced to because either there is no competitive aspect, such as Warframe (correct me if I'm wrong) or a game that has cross-platform play, such as Fortnite in which when the console recognises keyboard inputs, switches the user to.
  • full951
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you can use a 3rd party adapter to bridge the gap until native support takes over. BFV in particular works well with the xim. it's never going to be as fast or precise as pc can be but it's fairly decent in the parameters it operates in. it works for all games. some better than others.
  • Borg_QC
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Using a 3rd party adapter it's like cheating, because in BFV or others console games, you can activated "aim assist".
    On PC you don't have the option "Aim Assist". So you have an advantage with M/K on console game with a 3rd party adapter that you would not have on PC.
    P.S. If you cheat you don't have skills to play a game.
  • full951
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think your right, it's time to drop aim assist to keep things fair
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    Borg_QC wrote: »
    Using a 3rd party adapter it's like cheating, because in BFV or others console games, you can activated "aim assist".
    On PC you don't have the option "Aim Assist". So you have an advantage with M/K on console game with a 3rd party adapter that you would not have on PC.
    P.S. If you cheat you don't have skills to play a game.

So why is it not cheating when using racing wheels in forza when they do give a very substantial advantage and forza is very competitive?

BTW if you want accurate shots you remove all aim assistance. And to my knowledge there are no aim assist options in xim.
  • Borg_QC
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aim assist is for Controller, when you are playing with M/K and you can play with aim assist is like cheating.

I have no problem with M/K with Xbox in BFV if the game devs desactivate aim assist when you played with M/K, if not it's a cheat... Go play Mario Brothers, Minecraft or other games if you don't have any skills in FPS. :D :D
  • PSGShadow
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    go to setting and look at the custom button mapping once you've looked at that ask your self this question why are their so many options for mapping when a controller doesn't have enough buttons....and there you have your answer on weather or not their going to add m&k support.
  • JediLeatherwood
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its my opinion that playing M&K is not cheating. People say because M&K have an advantage? Okay so why can I play on PC with an xbox controller? IMO the M&K does not give you any advantage whatsoever! Show me proof! IMO its a means of personal comfort. what I mean by that is, that if you can play better with a controller so be it, if you can play better with M&K so be it. I have seen no advantage of M&K with aim assist enabled in the options. If you want to argue that point what about the xbox adaptive controller? Now I know people will say that, that is inherently designed for people with physical disabilities. However if they use that setup they can still use aim assist in games, yes? It is a means of being able to play the games people want to play at their comfort level. I have been a PC gamer for 20 years. I cannot play an fps with a controller. 3rd person, fine, racing fine, but an fps nope whatsoever. Why should I limit my enjoyment of a game that I normally can't play well with a controller? Now the next statement would be is that, that's not a disability, that's a choice. I say to each his own. I know people that play on PC exclusively with xbox controllers. How is that fair for them if K&M is so more accurate than a controller, but on PC there is no aim assist? Aren't they doomed to do badly in the game, with that logic? And what about fight sticks? Same thing? With all of the special controllers i.e. elite controller etc, etc, when you can customize so much within the controller itself, then go into a game like BF5 and customize so much, (almost PC like customization, IMO), its not cheating.Hell what about BF1 on PC, taking so long to get joystick support for flying! Its on PC for god's sake! I don't know why people are so quick to jump on the band wagon of OMG if you use M&K on console your an automatic cheat. I just don't understand that logic. I say to each his own! If we cannot agree, then we can agree to disagree. Happy Gaming!
  • Borg_QC
    Xbox game (BFV) has aim assist for CONTROLLERS, not for M/K...
    PC with xbox controller have no aim assist for PC game.
    If you whant M/K with Xbox game, the devs or Microsoft need to desactivated the aim assist on fps when you connecting M\K in the console.
    This is what we need...
    So if people like to play with M/K on Xbox with fps games, no problem if no aim assist are activated.
  • dayglowfroggy
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with jedileatherwood two posts above.
    I use mk on xbox but the aim assist does not assist in fact you have to set everything up in such a way that it doesn't get in the way.

I tried using a controller the other day without changing my settings and couldn't believe how things worked out sort of drags you onto target but stops you switching target fast enough sometimes..

Its actually made me wander if I am fighting against the aim asist with my mouse.

I stopped using controller after getting really annoyed I kept losing fire fights even when I saw them first because my aim was so bad with thumb stick s.

Its as simple as can you use thumbs for fine direction or do you need to use your wrist or your arm not everyone can use there thumbs.

• Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with jedileatherwood two posts above.
    I use mk on xbox but the aim assist does not assist in fact you have to set everything up in such a way that it doesn't get in the way.

I tried using a controller the other day without changing my settings and couldn't believe how things worked out sort of drags you onto target but stops you switching target fast enough sometimes..

Its actually made me wander if I am fighting against the aim asist with my mouse.

I stopped using controller after getting really annoyed I kept losing fire fights even when I saw them first because my aim was so bad with thumb stick s.

Its as simple as can you use thumbs for fine direction or do you need to use your wrist or your arm not everyone can use there thumbs.

Just curious. What’s your K/D and SPM? And what would those stats be if you used a controller. I haven’t used a M/K since the early 2000s, so I can’t remember how precise my aim was.

• dayglowfroggy
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My kd is around.0.8 I think last time I checked but I play allot so some games it can be 2.5 others 0.3.
    I play when I maybe I have had a few too many beers or a bit tired but just having fun. Kd is not a big part of the experience for me.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My kd is around.0.8 I think last time I checked but I play allot so some games it can be 2.5 others 0.3.
    I play when I maybe I have had a few too many beers or a bit tired but just having fun. Kd is not a big part of the experience for me.

Thanks for the info. I guess what I’m trying to see - and I haven’t yet - is if M/K makes .75 K/D players become 3-4 K/D players, but it just doesn’t look like that’s happening.
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Thanks for the info. I guess what I’m trying to see - and I haven’t yet - is if M/K makes .75 K/D players become 3-4 K/D players, but it just doesn’t look like that’s happening.

People have this misconception that m/k is God mode, my kd is bit at all great, I'm usually top half of the leader board by objective points and support points from ammo drops.
  • ourting
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    Personally if M&K makes playing this iteration of the game better then I am all for it. It's done my head in that much it's inspired me to build a PC to play it on there.