Weekly BF

The stomps in this game are getting more ridiculous by the day

Comments

• DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice what are your priorities? If basic fun and balanced gameplay are at the core of your principals, team balance needs fixing yesterday. Here are 4 basic problems other MP games have learned to fix:

1. Teams with more players than the other
    2. Teams with AFK players
    3. Teams with a noticeably higher skill level or level of coordination and strategy
    4. Players who quit matches and/or switch teams when their team is losing

Often I play matches where all 4 of the above are happening. It sucks. And its unnecessary. In 20 years of multiplayer, how does BFV ship without basic tools to fix those 4 problems?

This game is quickly becoming unplayable due to lack of basic team balance. Stop pushing out nonsense assignments and tides of war content and put in some basic features to correct the team balance.

Today has been a absolute disaster with the teams it is so freaking ridiculous on how garbage people are on console this weekend.
  • Woodlbrad
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 10
    Its awful on ps4 this playerbase is garbage I've never seen so many terrible players. I think I'll start playing tdm exclusively because atleast I can carry with high kills. Conquest has been out how long now and ppl still have no clue how to play losing all the flags is getting old I've lost count of all the stomps today. They should have left the comeback mechanic alone it was more fun having close matches.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seen similar looking scoreboards in every game of BF.
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played 6 games last night with a couple friends and we lost every one and they weren't even close.

I was messing around trying to get the 10 secondary weapon kills in a round and I got 7 out of 10 in a matter of 10 minutes from the start.

The rest of the round after that was another 20 minutes or whatever, it was always a 1 flag advantage.

It took me until we had 5 tickets left in the game to get the last 3 kills, it was weird. Almost like the game said not today buddy.

As for the stomping, I don't know, there is something about this game that is off, I've mentioned quite a few times on various boards and whatever so not worth rementioning it over.

Every game feels like a struggle to get just 10 kills in a round while I'm watching other players in general go 45 and 3 50 and 10 crazy crap like that.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Teams should just start mass leaving clan stacks let them play in empty lobbies.

Yeah, that's what I do. I see a stack, I'm off. Same with unbalanced teams. I can't help but wonder why people stay in games that are so obviously one sided.

Also, that image TC posted, a level 13 with 112 kills in 2nd place on the winning team... seems a bit suspicious to me.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Teams should just start mass leaving clan stacks let them play in empty lobbies.

Yeah, that's what I do. I see a stack, I'm off. Same with unbalanced teams. I can't help but wonder why people stay in games that are so obviously one sided.

Also, that image TC posted, a level 13 with 112 kills in 2nd place on the winning team... seems a bit suspicious to me.

I thought so, too, but it is on Fjell, so it’s possible they had a string of really good bombing runs in a plane.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13326 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @moosehunter1969
    Don't Bait.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My biggest issue with the team balance has come from less players on one side. Constantly seeing lobbies of 22 v 32 even in between rounds it doesn't seem to prop up the lower pop side. even if it was 22 v 28, it seems to fill the 28 side first, so the 24 are still at a disadvantage. Of course the game then starts, and people persevere with the hope of the team filling up, but with the fast ticket bleed the damage is already done. New players that do come in are put on the losing side and depending on how far they are behind, end up leaving, where the cycle starts again.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And that's why the game needs rented servers so clan kids can play with themselves on their own servers and let normal people play on offcial ones.

No, the normal people need rented servers with admins too to deal with cheaters etc. "Official" servers in BF4 were a sewer, that's where EA dumped the hack users from the Game Time promotion which shows you what kind of game was to be found there.
  • zterrans
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had a run of those matches today, made even worse by the constant habit of someone either intentionally or neglectfully handing our tank spawns to the opposing team.
  • bran1986
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Last time I played conquest a clan on the opposing team had 4 full squads. Someone postepd on reddit a clan stacking 24 players on one team. Every day I play it is either my team stomps the other or we get stomped. I played a match of frontline on BF1 today and it was the best March I have played in weeks.
  • bran1986
    5760 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also this is why I didn't mind the catch up mechanic in conquest at launch. It kept people engaged and in the match, but people cried about their W/L percentage.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see a lot of level 50s on each team, but the funny thing is none of them are at the top of the scoreboard on the winning team. I don't know how you expect the game to compensate for that.

Dude 90% of the player base was @lvl50 after 2 weeks lol. High level does not equal high skill.
  • VincentNZ
    3234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Geez you can see the problem right there, one team is four people short, two have not spawned at all and another six have only been in the round for the last couple of minutes. Naturally it is imbalanced. This has little to do with matchmaking or teambalance, only players quitting the round for whatever reason and therefore creating a lopsided match. Plus it is also GO and day three I assume, so we do not know how the two days before went.
    Matter of fact you can see that both teams have players that did not perform well yet nevertheless stuck around. How is a team supposed to win that is constantly short of players? If you want a balanced round, do not leave the server when you are frustrated as it will create an even more lopsided experience for the rest.

A team short by 5 people makes no difference when the team is pure trash and worthless.

And how do you determine that a team is "pure trash and worthless", pray? That is nonsense. Player downtime makes a lot of difference in a game that largely relies on putting bodies on objectives. And in the screen you see a lot of it. Five players missing, two players not spawned in, five just having recently joined. That is at least 20% less bullets on enemies and 20% less men on the flags. That is how you get pushed to spawn.
  • Feuerfinger
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ..people just quit and play the lottery hoping to get on the winning team. That is lame.

No, its common sense. Why should I waste my time in an unbalanced match?
    My personal rule is: If I find myself on a server where one team is completely dominating, I'll quit after 5 minutes trying.

Another thing working for me is not to use the matchmaking, since this will of course try to fill existing servers. Which are the ones, where people getting stomped and leave.
    The chance for a balanced server is much better, if you use the server browser. Here you even could select your favorite map.

• VincentNZ
    3234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ..people just quit and play the lottery hoping to get on the winning team. That is lame.

No, its common sense. Why should I waste my time in an unbalanced match?
    My personal rule is: If I find myself on a server where one team is completely dominating, I'll quit after 5 minutes trying.

Another thing working for me is not to use the matchmaking, since this will of course try to fill existing servers. Which are the ones, where people getting stomped and leave.
    The chance for a balanced server is much better, if you use the server browser. Here you even could select your favorite map.

It is logically wrong. If you quit a server because of the subjective feeling that the round is not going well, then you are creating downtime and worsen the problem yourself. So everytime you join a server that has an "imbalance" you are essentially taking your own spot again that you quit.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    Geez you can see the problem right there, one team is four people short, two have not spawned at all and another six have only been in the round for the last couple of minutes. Naturally it is imbalanced. This has little to do with matchmaking or teambalance, only players quitting the round for whatever reason and therefore creating a lopsided match. Plus it is also GO and day three I assume, so we do not know how the two days before went.
    Matter of fact you can see that both teams have players that did not perform well yet nevertheless stuck around. How is a team supposed to win that is constantly short of players? If you want a balanced round, do not leave the server when you are frustrated as it will create an even more lopsided experience for the rest.

A team short by 5 people makes no difference when the team is pure trash and worthless.

And how do you determine that a team is "pure trash and worthless", pray? That is nonsense. Player downtime makes a lot of difference in a game that largely relies on putting bodies on objectives. And in the screen you see a lot of it. Five players missing, two players not spawned in, five just having recently joined. That is at least 20% less bullets on enemies and 20% less men on the flags. That is how you get pushed to spawn.

A team who can not even hold two flags on conquest and gets spawn capped so bad the ticket ratio is above 300 for the enemy team but today I have seen one team end up with 600-700 tickets left over so many times it makes me want to vomit from frustrating of being stuck on their team. Other examples are Rush and Grand Ops where they can't even hold the last sector for 10-15 minutes and get just get steam rolled. I'm getting sick of leaving six servers in a 4 hour time frame even when I'm on the winning team. Battlefield V has never been this bad before feb when I took a break from the game because of these players.
  • Feuerfinger
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is logically wrong. If you quit a server because of the subjective feeling that the round is not going well, then you are creating downtime and worsen the problem yourself. So everytime you join a server that has an "imbalance" you are essentially taking your own spot again that you quit.

I dont quit because " the round is not going well". I have zero problems losing a round, really.
    Frustration comes, if you cannot even take a breath in a game.

1. You spawn, run 3 meters - boom, dead.
    2. Spawn again, look carefully over the rock - boom, dead (and you didn't even see who it was and from where).
    3. Respawn, crouching slowly and avoid being seen. Suddenly 3 enemy medics appear running around the corner - boom, dead.

Personally, I dont care if the other team is awfully good or uses cheats or my team is incompetent. The result is the same - no fun.

Therefore it is very "logical" to quit. You're not "taking your own spot again that you quit", because
    there's a good chance to come to a balanced server and your old place takes someone with a better skill.

• ChiefSniper
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 10
    IMO, They should be balancing the game with reference to the players' K/D or Score Per Minute... not ranking, as rankings are totally irellevant and have nothing to do with player skill. Also, please actually kick AFK players who don't spawn in. A total waste of slots.