DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sugekoppen wrote: »
    Perhaps DICE/EA should consider offering servers for "verified only" players. As in, players verified with a valid credit card. Spend the extra resources on keeping those verified servers clean, and use the ban hammer on cheaters' credit cards.

The risk of getting your credit card (which is harder to replace or spoof) banned should be a better deterrent than simple account bans.

Won't work buddy.

Plus you would also risk punishing legitimate players whom have a poor credit rating and thus are unable to get a credit card.

There is nothing stopping them from mailing in a personalized check (a poor credit rating doesn't stop you from opening a bank account) and waiting a few days for a disc or a key to be sent, surely EA can still accept payment that way.

Do you know what the credit card industry calls customers who pay their bill in full every month? "Deadbeats". That's because the industry actually prefers customers with a not so great credit history because they're more profitable thanks to late payment fees and high interest rates on the unpaid balance. That's why the industry shovels out credit cards to people with a shaky credit history. So people who can't get a credit card probably wouldn't enter into EA's calculations in this matter.

IMO EA doesn't try to verify customer identities as part of their anti-cheat policy because they no longer regard the PC platform as important enough to justify much effort. They know they could do more to combat cheating, they simply don't care.
  • Amonsul
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is getting out of hand. I started out in this game being pretty successful but now it seems like every match you see guys going 70-5 running and gunning. It is like the are running around in one of the special armor from BF1. They can take a whole clip standing out in the open while I get killed by 1 shot. This game is just not fun anymore. It sucks. I love FPS but BF has never been one of my favorites. I started to like it more with Hardline and BF1 but this game with the lower TTK and hackers is just not fun.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »
    GenCuster wrote: »
    the basic problem is not 'that the anticheat does not work ..... I think instead is that even if they are discovered ... the first time they are warned not to do it again .... the second time they are still warned not to do it again .... the third time they are not discovered because 'lower the level of cheat at the limit of the firefigher ..... and if they are also discovered and banned buy another acount in Origin Access at a cost of € 3.99 and start immediately thwarting the work of the anticheat ..... and 'true EA collects another € 3.99 but certainly the corporate image is affected ....
    After this return to say something proactive .... alongside the anticheat a group of controllers who enter live to control the servers continuously ... should not be a problem of money ..... it would be enough to entrust it to a group of internships that certainly would do it at low cost, also creating a sort of selection in the next programmers DICE ..... purposeful ... not just criticizing

Bfv permanently bans on first offense

If you believe that then I am the Easter bunny!

I believe it but I am very particular about my chocolate. Cheaters do evade bans but I believe banning on first offense cheating is permanent. The whole conspiracy that they conspire among themselves to lie about being banned on their own forums is ridiculous. They even go as far to plead to Dice on reddit and here to appeal the ban (doesn't anyone remember that guy that did the LOD cheat?) That would suggest to me first time is permanent.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

Bfv permanently bans on first offense

Axlerod, if you want direct evidence that they do *not* ban on the first offense, PM me and I will send the info.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any movement on this issue, would be great to play without cheats.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Keeping all the cheat conversation confined to one thread is EA/DICE's idea of "movement". They did post up a bangin blog post on what YOU can do to police THEIR servers. Pretty much sums up the state of the game.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Keeping all the cheat conversation confined to one thread is EA/DICE's idea of "movement". They did post up a bangin blog post on what YOU can do to police THEIR servers. Pretty much sums up the state of the game.

I always wondered why the, "I love this game," posts don't get put on one thread.
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters are becoming even more shameless at this point, there is literally 0 risk of being caught unless they use free "ragehack" type cheats.

Any cheat that is even SLIGHTLY subtle is never, ever detected. They know this, and they know that EA will never take it seriously. Other companies do (Blizzard f.ex), but EA won't.
  • briarjmoor396
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The cheating is out of control do some thing especially with the shot guns with one shot one kill when I use them point blank the do 24 or 70
  • Second-DK
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I just recorded a cheater who used aimbot and wallhack, shooting through wall and stuff.
    Of course i reported this dude and i like to know if theres anything i can do to get EA see the video?
    I not sure a link her is ok or what?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12829 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Second-DK wrote: »

It is not allowed, No.

When you report the cheater, Use the larger form to put in your video link ( and any other evidence ) and describe in detail what has happened, Server name / number, Time/Date, What they were doing etc etc.
  • Second-DK
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

It is not allowed, No.

When you report the cheater, Use the larger form to put in your video link ( and any other evidence ) and describe in detail what has happened, Server name / number, Time/Date, What they were doing etc etc.

The larger form?
    I reported within Origin and put the link to the video in there..but not the server name or date. Is that the "larger form"?
    I just checked battlefieldtracker and its obvious this player cheats.

Should have put in link to battlefieldtracker in the report also..damn
  • Red_Label_Scotch

It is not allowed, No.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aheem6/i_was_banned_because_of_a_video/eedyukc/

As the originator of this thread, @Braddock512 has stated...
    And, with the 100000 score on the enemy team last night...My platoon is pretty much ready to quit BFV...

level 1
    Braddock512
    Community Manager
    41 points
    ·
    1 month ago
    ·
    edited 1 month ago
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but as I repeatedly stated, the action of the anti-cheat team isn't solely based on videos from Spectator mode. They use their own tools. Your point that Spectator can be unreliable is exactly WHY they don't rely on it alone to determine if someone is cheating.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    @Braddock512

Thanks for your hard work.

https://imgur.com/a/nGPaIsP

It paid off. NOT.
  • Loony
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 10
    Won't work buddy.
    Plus you would also risk punishing legitimate players whom have a poor credit rating and thus are unable to get a credit card.

So the idea of an exclusive "club" with legit, VERIFIED players can not work?
    What the heck is Origin Premium then?
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loony wrote: »
    Won't work buddy.

So the idea of an exclusive "club" with legit, VERIFIED players can not work?
    What the heck is Origin Premium then?

It's a game subscription service. Not an anticheat measure.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9nebvk/battlefield_v_reddit_amaa_on_fri_oct_12th_at_9am/e7m013y/?context=0

danmitre
    Global Community Manager
    4 months ago
    Anti-cheat efforts is of HIGH priority for us. We want the battlefield to be enjoyable and as fair as possible. With every release and update we improve our anti-cheat systems to mitigate against new and existing cheat programs, bots, etc. Battlefield V will have the latest and greatest, and we will continue to dedicate resources to improving throughout Tides of War.
    AND

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9nebvk/battlefield_v_reddit_amaa_on_fri_oct_12th_at_9am/e7n9i94/

tiggr
    Multiplayer Producer

4 months ago
    It means we don't talk about anti cheat details as it tips off the cheat makers. But we are doing quite well on that front, is all I can say.

If the current state of the game is, "doing quite well," I would hate to see your opinion of doing poorly.
  • ChiefSniper
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 10
    We've quite literally had players on this forum permanentely banned on their first offense, albeit falsely accused?
    I know this is completely unrealistic and will NEVER happen, but my dream is that one day that these proven hackers/cheaters get reported to their ISP and they have their connection cut off at it's source, or even somehow block their hardware from accessing EA services permanantely. That would be absolutely awesome, and a great deterant too, alas, we can only dream. The game is rife with them at the moment. Half of the servers I join are gauranteed to have one hacker... or better yet an entire faux 'clan' of hackers... (from russia more often than not).
  • warslag
    1400 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In Apex Legends which uses Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) they just announced 355,000 bans. The game has only been out six weeks or so.

The determination of hackers and the demand for cheats is such that it must be very difficult to tackle cheating for any company, no matter how big they are.

None of these companies want to mistakenly ban anyone. That's a good thing and to something to be admired.

To deal with the scale of the problem there will need to be some kind of breakthrough that makes hacking games and cheating so difficult that it's not worth it.

It's pointless just going mad at EA all the time. If they could stop the cheating in their games right now, I believe they would.

You know, people could just stop cheating. If you have cheated then it's all your fault and not EA's. And we know that plenty of people have cheated.
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 10
    On Reddit they have found someone (and his clan) who has hacked the XBone.

They play PUBG, not BF5, so maybe the “Name and Shame”
    rule does not apply here?
This discussion has been closed.