Horrible FPS on STRIX GTX1080TI, I7 8700K 16Gb RAM

PJRGaming
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is anyone else having horrible FPS? I have a STRIX GTX1080TI, I7 8700K and I can't seem to get anymore than 40 FPS. I keep having the orange FPS boxes pop up every second. The game isn't smooth at all. I tried sending ASUS my GPU thinking I have a dud card, but they told me they tested it and it was fine. (I tested it with more games just saying and it was still horrible) but, what gives? In case anyone asks, yes, I am playing on a SSD.

Comments

• Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PJRGaming wrote: »
    Is anyone else having horrible FPS? I have a STRIX GTX1080TI, I7 8700K and I can't seem to get anymore than 40 FPS. I keep having the orange FPS boxes pop up every second. The game isn't smooth at all. I tried sending ASUS my GPU thinking I have a dud card, but they told me they tested it and it was fine. (I tested it with more games just saying and it was still horrible) but, what gives? In case anyone asks, yes, I am playing on a SSD.

Give us screenshots of all your graphic settings in the game.
  • PJRGaming
    Alright
  • PJRGaming
    The screenshots are for some reason giving me an issue, but here's my settings written out:

Video -> advanced settings:
    DX12 Enabled: On (I tried off, no difference)
    NVIDIA DLSS: Off
    High Dynamic range: Auto
    Resolution scale: 100
    FPS Limiter: 200
    Future frame rendering: On
    Vertical Sync: On
    UI Upscaling: Auto
    FPU Memory restrictionL on
    HUD SCale: 50
    Graphics quality: All medium, TAA High, HBAO

In the setting menu before I am even in a game I have around 90 FPS. I am playing 1920x1080 at 144hz. Yes, I made sure I I am on 1920x1080 144hz

• SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are your cpu/gpu temps while gaming? Do you have anything overclocked? Cpu/gpu usage? Have you tried reinstalling gpu drivers?
  • Titan_Awaken
    609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The screenshots are for some reason giving me an issue, but here's my settings written out:

In the setting menu before I am even in a game I have around 90 FPS. I am playing 1920x1080 at 144hz. Yes, I made sure I I am on 1920x1080 144hz

Try turning off V-Sync (144Hz basically removes all visible tearing) and GPU Memory Restriction (11GB of VRAM is way more than enough for any game. No need to have this one on).
  • PJRGaming
    I’m not oberclocking anything. I ended up sending my ASUS STRIX GTX1080ti 11Gb back to ASUS thinking it was a dud. I just got it bck yesterday and reinstalled the drivers. ASUS said that the GPU was find and that there was nothing wrong with it. I feel confused because I feel like I should be getting at least over 120fps. I can’t even get more than 40fps on games with my settings set to medium.
  • BassMan_PC
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    Make sure you select "Prefer maximum performance" in Nvidia Control Panel and you have your windows power settings set to performance. No power saving BS. A screenshot with an Afterburner/RTSS overlay showing GPU and CPU (individual core) usage along with the FPS would be highly beneficial. If you are having trouble with Origin screenshots.... just hit Print Screen and then paste the image into MS Paint or another image editing program.
  • BionicSteve613
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having EXACT same issue. I did call my ISP because SINGLE PLAYER no issues - buttery smooth on my 1080 TI and system. I contacted my ISP and they had to change the channel on my modem as the connection wasn't receiving 100 percent. It played fine for two days and now it is back to huge FPS drops, down to 40fps again. SUPER WEIRD. SUPER FRUSTRATING.

Going to contact the ISP again to rule that out.
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having EXACT same issue. I did call my ISP because SINGLE PLAYER no issues - buttery smooth on my 1080 TI and system. I contacted my ISP and they had to change the channel on my modem as the connection wasn't receiving 100 percent. It played fine for two days and now it is back to huge FPS drops, down to 40fps again. SUPER WEIRD. SUPER FRUSTRATING.

Going to contact the ISP again to rule that out.

Your isp has ZERO to do with how many fps you get in a game -_-
  • BionicSteve613
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • PJRGaming
    I don't see the KB4482887. The last time I updated my PC was.. 3/9/19
  • PJRGaming

I don't see the KB4482887. The last time I updated my PC was.. 3/9/19
  • Dragam

No, it cannot - fps is how fast your own machine renders the game locally, and has NOTHING to do with your connection.

Connection issues lead to packet loss, rubberbanding etc, but not freaking fps loss...
  • Pelliy
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Turn off vysnc
  • TFBisquit
    1315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    Install 3DMark, run fire strike default. Should give well over 24000 points graphics score.
    If it’s half of that, or even less, there really is no point in tweaking your game settings. Then you have some other issues.
    Is your video card the primary video device? Not integrated graphics?
    Are the gpu and memory clocks ramping up if you run a game? Is your cpu boosting clocks as it should?
    Are the power connectors fitted in your video card? Power supply working and sufficient?
    As an example, my gtx1080 runs this game way over 100 FPS at any settings, besides 4K. War stories and multiplayer.
    Btw vsync on at 144hz is fine, it will stop at 144fps.
    Try gpuz and msi combustor for testing purposes. Also msi afterburner allows you to see clocks and temps plus FPS while gaming.
  • BlindChance
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you are having similar issues in other games, its most likely down to your hardware. Are you sure your GPU is correctly connected and gets enough power?
  • ViolationofDerp
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What kind of power supply are you using?
    I have an i7 4790k and a r390x, using pretty much the same ingame settings, I average about 120-130 fps (dropping sometimes to 90). You should have more fps than me, there is definetely something wrong.
  • StingX71
    809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you are having similar issues in other games, its most likely down to your hardware. Are you sure your GPU is correctly connected and gets enough power?

What I was thinking. What PCI slot do you have your GPU in. Should be the one highest up on the mobo.