I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    Guys look at what EA has been doing. They ban sweep and then have a sale, just like they did recently. Look at all those new guys that are level 0 playing like level 50. It is so laughable. EA hasn't been banning, because they are banning right before a big sale. This is also why recently, I have noticed a decline in the amount of cheaters... After the last big sale? Been noticing A LOT of level 0 guys doing REALLY well. These scum bags are only banning to make money.

    I've noticed that too, lots of rank 0-5 players who are like members of the Olympic Gaming Team. You might have figured out where they're coming from.
  • produc3
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    produc3 wrote: »
    STOPchris wrote: »
    Only one game of domination in the US right now... Has an OBVIOUS hacker in it... This guy has been playing for over 64 hours of game time. I went back and checked his stats and he has been cheating the whole time. Come on EA, you have to do more than nothing about this. I am 100% NOT buying your garbage games again. I simply cannot support a company like this.

    EDIT: I mean, at least I used to be able to switch servers when some jerk was ruining the game for everyone... Not now that there is only one domination server...

    You gotta stop. I've bumped into you personally, and you're SO quick to jump to conclusions (VII-chrisP_ESF). You're one of four, five people keeping this damn thread alive with fertilizers for paranoia.

    There are most definitely hackers in this game, and they're a sore without question.

    It's not NEARLY the infestation you believe it to be.

    There are other problems. Certain weapons still cause heavy packet stacking, although the netcode HAS become VERY improved since launch days. The fact that we're starting to see a drain in the playerbase also means there are higher likelihoods of higher ping players joining on a foreign server because their local regions don't support servers.... also a fertile grounds for packet stacking.

    And the game's audio, as problematic as it is, it's no less overpowered than it's been before.

    Once again, not saying there are no hacks. You among a few others are just simply seeing them in places where they simply aren't any.

    Right... And you need to stop defending the cheaters and EA doing nothing about it. Apparently, you are walking around with your blinders on. EDIT: Oh, I know because your clan has one of the most OBVIOUS cheaters in it.

    lol, there IS a real conversation to be had here, and there are those having it. and then there is you.

    Micas99 wrote: »
    In regard to that guy that was gaslighting hard-core.. while you're debating stats and such, remember that he got banned in BF4. Everything else he does is irrelevant. He's a cheater.. and probably the dumbest I've ever seen.

    With Apex.. before clapping for them, remember that it's free to play and the cheats include a HWID spoofer.. meaning that anyone banned can be back in the game in a few minutes using a new account.

    oh. if he's one of those idiots, yeah i won't say much more. once a cheater, almost always a cheater in my eyes, unless there's a very real evidence against the allegations against him.

    there is no evidence against a fairfight/pb ban record.

  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We get gaslighting from hackers. We get gaslighting from developers.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9nebvk/battlefield_v_reddit_amaa_on_fri_oct_12th_at_9am/e7m013y/?context=0

    danmitre
    Global Community Manager
    4 months ago
    Anti-cheat efforts is of HIGH priority for us. We want the battlefield to be enjoyable and as fair as possible. With every release and update we improve our anti-cheat systems to mitigate against new and existing cheat programs, bots, etc. Battlefield V will have the latest and greatest, and we will continue to dedicate resources to improving throughout Tides of War.
    AND

    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9nebvk/battlefield_v_reddit_amaa_on_fri_oct_12th_at_9am/e7n9i94/

    tiggr
    Multiplayer Producer

    4 months ago
    It means we don't talk about anti cheat details as it tips off the cheat makers. But we are doing quite well on that front, is all I can say.

    If the current state of the game is, "doing quite well," I would hate to see your opinion of doing poorly.
  • STOPchris
    498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loony wrote: »
    STOPchris wrote: »
    Guys look at what EA has been doing. They ban sweep and then have a sale, just like they did recently. Look at all those new guys that are level 0 playing like level 50. It is so laughable. EA hasn't been banning, because they are banning right before a big sale. This is also why recently, I have noticed a decline in the amount of cheaters... After the last big sale? Been noticing A LOT of level 0 guys doing REALLY well. These scum bags are only banning to make money.

    Shows how dumb they really are, they would make more cash AFTER the sale not before xD

    Think about it... They can be guaranteed high sales from their "sale" buy banning cheaters just before the sale. It makes it easy for those that are banned to buy the game and start over. It is a win-win for EA and cheaters. EA bans hackers AND gets more money from the sale that they were already going to have. Then, the cheaters get to jump back in for a really low price.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    They're scaling up the anti-cheat team, and also planning to add a report feature that will go directly to Easy-Anti-Cheat.

    https://www.pcgamer.com/over-355000-apex-legends-cheaters-have-been-banned/

    Dice should really take some cues from respawn

    We've been asking for this in battlefield for the longest.

    asking for what, a number of how many cheaters have been banned? That in itself proves nothing other than X amount of player have been banned.....

    It proves (or at least demonstrates) that there is a functional anti-cheat and the game publisher will ban those caught using hacks, surely that is better for the morale of legit players than radio silence from the publisher. Who knows, it might even discourage some of the vermin from using hacks in the game, at least it's worth a shot. Awhile back some DICE dev said they were trying to get the FF ban scroll working again, apparently like so many other things whoever used to know how to make it work isn't with the company any more. If EA found this something worth doing in the past then why not try it again? I'd like to see them follow PUBG's lead and send ban confirmation messages to players reporting cheaters too, let us know we aren't wasting out time reporting hack users.

    Of course all this would requite EA to care, and I honestly don't think they do as the PC platform just doesn't matter to them much anymore. Meanwhile PUBG is played largely on PC and has sold over fifty million copies and who knows how many millions in skins--but PUBG Corp. isn't a long-time industry leaders like EA so what do they know?
  • produc3
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    produc3 wrote: »
    Yeah I totally forgot about that since I don't play coop at all.

    It's an interesting experiment that serves a lot more in ways that the Practice range should have.

    His stats are remarkably normal. A cautious player, who perhaps treats all Recon weapons strictly as medium-long range weapons, as much as his given situations will allow, without being an idiot who goes prone on a hill 24/7. THere's nothing incriminating about any of his stats. Just a cautious player with fairly good fundamentals.

    ps. Skimming through, it SOUNDS like he's open to or IS using macros?

    That's gross, and if he's talking macros that negate recoil certain predictable general recoil patterns that is basically hacks. If it's one of those spam macros that let you fire semiautos at full auto, while not a full on hack, it's still a cheap cheat for the sake of being lazy as ****, also not all that smart macro to use.

    pps. besides that his performance not at all in any way suspect. he's not gaslighting anyone, he's mostly saying what a lot of people in this thread SHOULD consider without immediately responding with defensive hostilities.

    ppps. Just to reitterate on my earlier post. there ARE hacks, and they're not just full-on rage hacks. I do see them once in a while, thinking they're clever, running damage modifiers, and the ilk... but just not NEARLY as much as you guys believe there are.

    He is gaslighting by suggesting that we are all misreading the number of cheats in the game. Basically saying it's all in our imagination. We know about hackusations and they'll always exist. But this game has been ruined in the first 3 months by rage hacking,subtle hacking, lod bias cheats,esp cheats etc. The issue doesn't need ezgerating. Look at leaderboards ffs. You can see the rage hackers still playing. And it's no surprise. Poor anti cheat. Slow response from Dice. Bans that don't mean anything as cheats just come back and play on new accounts. I have no doubt that quite a few of the people on here are cheats or from cheat selling sites. Terrified that real action will be taken which will affect their dishonest business. Either way you can't try and convince us who've been playing these games for years that it's just our paranoia. Not all of us want to accuse honest players of cheating. That would suck the air out of the real issue of cheating. I get why some here want to minimise the issue for their own purpose. Doesn't change reality and a declining playerbase directly linked to cheating unchecked.

    Based on what I read in this thread, and certainly based on the number of return-posters in here, I would say he's not wrong to suggest so.

    A lot of you guys absolutely are.

    'subtle hacks' 9 of 10 is not a hacker for instance. lod bias was addressed fairly fast enough. 'esp' cheats, i am also sorry to say, too many people clearly have stats that reflect the reality that they have a LOT more things to learn or figure out in terms of improving their awareness in this game. STOPchris was accusing me in some Dom Server for that, because I'd heard step in to an obvious corner about 10-15 seconds before I ran to him, instead of immediately after he made any noise.

    Rage hackers are definitely a thing. Once in a while I run into a hacker using aim-bot though just not that often, but also very much a thing. As for anything else... I more often than not see just good or experienced players getting accused out the wazoo.

    It's not imagination, I would rather say it's stuff you guys really ought to look into more carefully.

    Spend some time reading up ban decisions BF4DB or something for instance, both the ones that get banned or get cleared.
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else run into someone in a fully upgraded Spitfire just wrekin a round with an aimbot?

    No, but I did run into one less than a week ago that was using a damage modifier, since I get on other players' tails with all 8 guns and overheat most of the time before shooting them down (and that's with at least 95% accuracy). This guy would get on my tail and with a quick burst, over 40% of my armor would be gone, whereas when his teammate did the same, it would be minor scratches. The guy with the damage mod had the name of a beloved cartoon dog in his name.
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    [post removed due to calling others out and thus violating the N&S rule]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    produc3 wrote: »
    Based on what I read in this thread, and certainly based on the number of return-posters in here, I would say he's not wrong to suggest so.

    A lot of you guys absolutely are.

    'subtle hacks' 9 of 10 is not a hacker for instance. lod bias was addressed fairly fast enough. 'esp' cheats, i am also sorry to say, too many people clearly have stats that reflect the reality that they have a LOT more things to learn or figure out in terms of improving their awareness in this game. STOPchris was accusing me in some Dom Server for that, because I'd heard step in to an obvious corner about 10-15 seconds before I ran to him, instead of immediately after he made any noise.
    <snip>

    Hackusations do not matter.
  • CSO7777
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Hackusations do not matter.
    Again this has been said a million times. The big majority of cheat-reports is hackusations. Therefore it does matter, because it makes the whole process of capturing cheaters a lot more complicated and time-consuming than without all these hackusations.

    A big part of the hackusations happens because the game has so many issues and because a lot of players don't understand the mechanics/shortcomings of internet-based multiplayer-games. This of course falls back on Dice themselves.

    And another thing, I play Apex (much more than BFV now), and that game has more blatant cheating than BFV. Easy anticheat is not better than BFV's anticheat in that regard.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    my 2 sentence post got binned.. but the short of it is that anti-cheat is automated and nobody looks at reports.. therefore, hackusations do not matter.
  • Penny30
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So is EA going to do ANYTHING about the cheating? How about adding the vote ban? If EA won't do anything about it, at least let the players in a game decide. Been playing BF since its inception with bf1942. At this point in time cheating should not be as easy as it seems to be. EA is failing big time. It also seems like they don't care at all.
  • Chakixx
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got enough of Crapfield V - Cheaters has won time uninstall this crap game.

    I never buy EA games anymore everyone should do the same and stop feed EA troll who can't take care of cheating problem.

    Bye.
  • CSO7777
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Micas99 wrote: »
    my 2 sentence post got binned.. but the short of it is that anti-cheat is automated and nobody looks at reports.. therefore, hackusations do not matter.
    They are automated because it's tedious and boring, therefore not a process that humans are very good at.

    The biggest factor is probably the number of hackusations. If you get 1% cheaters based on reports, then the cost of having a lot of people going through them, is just too high (and there will be too many errors anyway).

    In theory an algorithm is much more effecient and easier to control, but it's probably very complicated to do in real life. If they start banning a lot of non-cheating players, they will get even more problems than they have now (could even give them legal problems as well).
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would appear every other post I submit gets binned..
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Hackusations do not matter.
    Again this has been said a million times. The big majority of cheat-reports is hackusations. Therefore it does matter, because it makes the whole process of capturing cheaters a lot more complicated and time-consuming than without all these hackusations.

    No it doesn't. That you don't understand that is amazing to me.

    *hint* anti-cheat is automated using software. Nobody looks at reports of cheating.
  • TFBisquit
    1537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's automated because if one stands out, or gets alot of reports, it's probably worth investigating. At least to see what kind of cheat he was using.
    In any case, hackusations do not, and never will, matter. Cheaters getting caught is what matters. A sign of anti cheat software working.
    It's the same as driving a car, there will always be people ignoring the speedlimit. We that do obey the limit, know those people will eventually be caught and pay a heavy fine.
    Maybe not today, but eventually they will. Same is with this cheating business. We as people that obey the rules, should be backed by an ac team that will get them, eventually.
    Will that prevent cheating? Nope, neither will a speedlimit prevent some drivers to go faster than that. But we as players and consumers do need to know if and when there is action taken upon those that do cheat.
    As for the current ac team, they know how many cheat per day, they know what cheats are used. They can't however put an end to it, yet.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Micas99 wrote: »
    my 2 sentence post got binned.. but the short of it is that anti-cheat is automated and nobody looks at reports.. therefore, hackusations do not matter.
    They are automated because it's tedious and boring, therefore not a process that humans are very good at.

    The biggest factor is probably the number of hackusations. If you get 1% cheaters based on reports, then the cost of having a lot of people going through them, is just too high (and there will be too many errors anyway).

    In theory an algorithm is much more effecient and easier to control, but it's probably very complicated to do in real life. If they start banning a lot of non-cheating players, they will get even more problems than they have now (could even give them legal problems as well).

    None of that made any sense at all. First paragraph you say anti-cheat is automated (which is what I said - so good on you), and in the next paragraph you think "the biggest factor is hackusations".

    So ya, everything else made as much sense as that.
  • MisterFriki_TTV
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    "SUPER RARE CHEATERS"
    [nonsense].
    guy plays recon, has 0/0 k/d and has over 50k score. Not cheating 100% legit -_- another guy score 30 / 1 .. sure he can be lucky i guess. No. he is not dropping ammo or camping in a corner ... he headshots people while running with a freaking MMG
    your game recently has became INFESTED with very blatant and obvious cheaters. Very blatant and obvious people who ruin the game for everyone.
    Do something damn it.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Loony
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe everyone is on the same page when its said "the current anti cheat software does next to nothing" yes it gets the low end scrubs but has failed for as long as there has been hacks. So why keep playing the same tune? grow a pair and change the tune.
    I dont think any company should have to thru hundreds of reports, its a pure waste of manpower and money. One admin floating through a set group of servers at random times and dates to spec and see the OBVIOUS we see daily and get the hammer out. We dont even need to see they are on.
    Would you keep blatantly hacking when you dont know if an admin is spec'in a server?
This discussion has been closed.