Weekly Debrief

Time for a new look at TTK?

Comments

• TheUSSRBear
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zenga wrote: »
    bran1986 wrote: »
    To me they need to reign in the damage of DMRs and MMGs.

The damage of MMGs is already reigned in, because unlike assault weapons, they have so many downfalls it's just bizarre compared to the rest of the game's armory:
    • must be bipodded to ADS
    • must be static while shooting
    • the only weapons in the game that have overheat mechanic
    • absolutely no scopes of any kind
    • huge recoil
    • accuracy below 5%
    • have no suppression
    • loud, bright and extremely easy to spot where the fire is coming from, so basically a free headshot for anyone interested
    They have also been nerfed THREE times so far. Enough is enough.

People hate on the MG42 and I despise it! It's huge ROF means **** when it has so much erractic, random recoil. It's annoying to be killed by MMGs but, simply put, I find the weapon class to be deeply unimpressive, you have to be far back and the damage drop off on them is really intense. 6 shots past 50m, that's a lot of hits for a weapon with so much recoil.
  • MarxistDictator
    4908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why anyone would use an MMG over the Lewis is anyone's guess. Yes an MMG is a better camping weapon but that is literally all they can do. They are useless at anything else. The hipfire you assume would be useful with a high rate of fire/large magazine was made useless too.

If anything should be changed about the MMGs its that the entire class should be reworked; bipods made more for burst fire and not extended spraying (with any decent accuracy) and a slightly horrible true ADS and hipfire added. Kinda inaccurate, not 'you're going to miss 85% of your shots at 10m' inaccurate. Scopes should also be there if LMGs get them.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Nope, I like the current TTK, and while I really wasn't too effected by the TTD bug, I have become used to it and it doesn't even bother me anymore. No need to be messing with any of that stuff right now, all making major changes to the gun play at this point in time would do is create another community melt down of epic proportions.
    I do find that logic perplexing how it is not fine to make major changes in first 6 months but after 2 years it is ok. With that same logic the yappers and followers insisted it would take months to relearn a game that had been out for 2 months. Yet in BF1 they said it would only take days.

It's not perplexing, facts are facts. The overwhelming majority of players like the current TTK and overall gun play in this game, as was made painfully obvious when Dice tried to change it. So much so, that Dice reverted back in just one week. It is what it is, some people just wont accept it. So I ask you, what would be the logic in Dice changing the TTK for the sake of the clear minority here in this forum? Any way that you want to look at it, there is no pleasing everybody, so I'm sure these discussions will persist until the game eventually dies.
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is no problem with the ttk. Leave it alone. You want a guy to get the drop on you and you be able to turn around and kill him? See first shoot first. What dice needs to do is give us hardcore servers. I want the ttk to be even faster. Not slower. I don’t understand why some people have the unrealistic expectation to take so much bullit damage. It’s silly.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday I was insta-killed 5 times with a variety of weapons that don't have 1-shot-kill capabilities - on paper. But in reality, you can get oneshotted by just about any weapon in the game. Or better said, the accumulated damage is dealt to you in an instant, instead of over period of time. There's no time to react when you literally die within 0.2 second. I also had a situation where I shot 3 times into a player at close range with a shotgun and dealt 0 damage. There was no debris or geometry between us, just a perfectly clear path. I'm no netcode expert, but it sure felt like I was shooting into thin air, even though the game was showing me a player was actually there. So if a weapon like a shotgun that has such a wide damage effect area couldn't put a single pellet into this enemy at 5 meters distance, it really tells a lot about the quality of netcode.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Nope, I like the current TTK, and while I really wasn't too effected by the TTD bug, I have become used to it and it doesn't even bother me anymore. No need to be messing with any of that stuff right now, all making major changes to the gun play at this point in time would do is create another community melt down of epic proportions.
    I do find that logic perplexing how it is not fine to make major changes in first 6 months but after 2 years it is ok. With that same logic the yappers and followers insisted it would take months to relearn a game that had been out for 2 months. Yet in BF1 they said it would only take days.

It's not perplexing, facts are facts. The overwhelming majority of players like the current TTK and overall gun play in this game, as was made painfully obvious when Dice tried to change it. So much so, that Dice reverted back in just one week. It is what it is, some people just wont accept it. So I ask you, what would be the logic in Dice changing the TTK for the sake of the clear minority here in this forum? Any way that you want to look at it, there is no pleasing everybody, so I'm sure these discussions will persist until the game eventually dies.
    'The overwhelming majority' you mean Westie and the vocal part of the community? Anyway, the TTK changes previously were also badly implemented with blanket changes when really they should look at weapons on an individual or damage model basis.
    But stop pulling majorities and minorities out of thin air, please. Based on this thread it looks like most people (so a majority) would not be opposed to a TTK increase.

No, I don't mean Westie and or a vocal part of the community. I just don't believe that Dice would have reverted back to the original TTK so quickly if they didn't feel strongly enough that it was clearly the overwhelming majority of players that wanted it changed back is all.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IF DICE wants folks to play this game and buy their content, they will again have to look at TTK. However, if they don't, and want to call it a night on this game, and move to others, and not want the headache a few folks at reddit will cause them, they will leave it as is. That simple.

The game is more or less, dead. Number 22 played on Xbox according to the store, with more folks playing COD WW2 and 2k18 (last years game). Meanwhile, still on sale for half price.

I would say, atp, they have nothing to lose in nerfing ttk.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they shouldn't touch ttk... they should allow dedicated servers where we can set the damage to whatever we want...
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People hate on the MG42 and I despise it! It's huge ROF means **** when it has so much erractic, random recoil. It's annoying to be killed by MMGs but, simply put, I find the weapon class to be deeply unimpressive, you have to be far back and the damage drop off on them is really intense. 6 shots past 50m, that's a lot of hits for a weapon with so much recoil.

Well, this is what we've been complaining about for past 2 months. After the nerf to MG42, which to be honest I rarely even see anyone using anymore (I haven't touched mine in weeks), all of the problems with MMG have only amplified.
    On one hand you have a weapon class that forces you to prone, bipod and not move and on the other hand you have 2 class traits for machine gunners that are simply put useless. Both of the class traits refer to "suppression" which doesn't exist in the game.
    Imagine if medic traits referred to running, but there was no running in the game. Or if assaults traits were about health regeneration, but you don't actually regenerate health. Or if the recon traits were about being resistant to nuclear radiation, even though there's no nukes in the game.
  • IAcousticI
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game engine can't handle it's low TTK rate. It causes to many problems period.
  • TFBisquit
    1637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless, as long as I'm one shotted by m1a1 the ttk will always feel too fast, since that's impossible with that weapon.
    And without real knowledge, I feel that a majority agrees that there are way too many one hit kills, from any weapon besides sniper rifles.
    Rof is way too high for several weapons. No bullet deviation, no weapon sway etc etc.
    The netcode is seriously messed up also. This game is simply not that sophisticated. Only worth the budget price you pay nowadays.
    Sad actually for a tripple A game.
  • disposalist
    8607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I would definitely like for them to adjust the TTK.

But they need to do it at an individual weapon level instead of the stupid across the board change they made back when they increased the TTK for a week. Doing it the way they went about it was bound to lead to poor weapon balance as we all saw.
    That was a marketing effort. They did it knowing the effort would of course be unpopular so they could say the TTK was better as it was. Ridiculous.
  • bran1986
    5691 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I would definitely like for them to adjust the TTK.

But they need to do it at an individual weapon level instead of the stupid across the board change they made back when they increased the TTK for a week. Doing it the way they went about it was bound to lead to poor weapon balance as we all saw.

Yeah it was a disaster how they went about it, just made the already horrible weapon and class balance even worse. I still don't get the balance philosophy DICE is going for in BFV. A m1911 that fires a .45 does 33 damage, a Thompson that fires a .45 does 25.1 damage, the same as all 9mm. It doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to me.
  • Pillownaut
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That was a marketing effort. They did it knowing the effort would of course be unpopular so they could say the TTK was better as it was. Ridiculous.
    I bought the game because of the TTK changes. After 7 (?) days they revert to the old system (which kept me from buying the game in the first place). Yaaaay :D
  • sabootheshaman
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I think we have no idea how the game would be if TTD was the same as the TTK.

TTK on its own feels good, the right number of bullits you have to put in the enemies to take them down.
    The insane accuracy, too little recoil and 3x scopes make the game "too easy" and boring, but that is a different subject

The only thing I know is: when TTK was raised the game felt 10 times better on console and a lot less Netcode issues.
    The same was when they changed some Netcode settings (ping limits and maybe more) in BF1, the game felt 10 times better on console.
    When they tweaked the footsteps the first time, the game was so much better.

Can only imagine how good the game would be/feel if these thing were in BF V.

This guy... 10 x better on console. Abs this to me is the true issue. Balance needs to be separated for console and pc.