Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - March 1 - Back-End Update, Maps Discussion, Community Broadcast

Braddock512
1525 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
Welcome to the March 1st edition of the Battlefield V Weekly Debrief!
f43b6mtshkj21.jpg

This Week’s Highlights
  • Blogs
    • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker - Part of on ongoing drive to identify issues and improve the quality of life in Battlefield V, we've created a new tracker that focuses on top impacting issues and status updates from our Development team.
  • DISCUSSIONS
    • DISCUSSION: Maps - With the varied maps in Battlefield V, we go from cities to snowy mountains and deserts to devastated airfields. Each map (Panzerstorm included) has their own quirks, and each can tweak how you play based on situational circumstances specific to that map. We'll go over some of the top comments from you, our community, and have a constructive discussion on what makes a map a "bad map" and what really good maps look like.
    • Battlefield V Community Broadcast - As we look to the road ahead, Global CM u/F8rge shares a retrospective and next steps.
    • Battlefield V Quality of Life Back-End Update for Week of Feb 25th - Equip All, Loadout Mirroring, and Challenge Assignments are now part of Battlefield V.

Archive for Week of February 25th
Monday, 2/25/2019 Tuesday, 2/26/2019 Wednesday, 2/27/2019
  • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker - Our Devs have confirmed fixes on some of the top issues, so make sure to check out the updated wiki page on Wednesday to see what's fixed, what's new, and what the status is of ongoing issues.
  • Chapter 2: Weekly Event #4 Week 2 Tips
Thursday, 2/28/2019
  • Chapter 2 Event #4 Week 2 Starts
  • DISCUSSION: Maps - With the varied maps in Battlefield V, we go from cities to snowy mountains and deserts to devastated airfields. Each map (Panzerstorm included) has their own quirks, and each can tweak how you play based on situational circumstances specific to that map. We'll go over some of the top comments from you, our community, and have a constructive discussion on what makes a map a "bad map" and what really good maps look like.
Friday, 3/1/2019
  • Battlefield V Community Broadcast - As we look to the road ahead, Global CM "F8rge" shares a retrospective and next steps.
  • Battlefield V Quality of Life Back-End Update for Week of Feb 25th - Equip All, Loadout Mirroring, and Challenge Assignments are now part of Battlefield V.
  • Weekly Debrief- Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums.

Sneak Peek into Next Week - Week of March 4th
Release
  • Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #4
Blogs
  • Rush
  • Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #4 Notes
  • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker Update
  • Chapter 2 Event #5 Tips & Tricks
Discussions - We'll be hosting discussions on Reddit & the Forums to get your feedback.
  • Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #4
  • Gadgets - Other than weapons, one of the key items in any Battlefield soldier's arsenal is their gadgets.
DICE Friends -We will be closing the nomination of DICE Friends on Tuesday, March 5th. Announcement of recipients will be the following week.
Please note: This is an early schedule and items could shift or be moved out. We'll have more details in our weekly This Week in Battlefield on Monday.

TRACKED ISSUES - Check theBattlefield V Quality of Life Tracker[/b] for Updates.

Q&A with DICE

RM - Ryan McArthur | JB - Jeff Braddock
  • Having a rotation for Tank Conquest was great. Will that come back? Could it be permanent?
    • [RM] If there is high demand, we will bring these things back, but we won’t likely make them permanent as it bifurcates the community; we are already seeing issues with too many rotations.
    • [JB] I know one of the big reasons we don't have Premium for Battlefield V is to reduce the potential of splintering the community. Too many modes could potentially result in less full servers, impacting the gameplay experience negatively.
  • Will there be a hardcore mode? If so, when?
    • [RM] Not ETA yet, but we are definitely looking at it.
    • [JB] That's great news. Definitely one of the hot topics for our HC community.
  • Will the soldier customizations from previous ToW missions come back or ever be available for purchase?
    • [RM] Current plan of record is to not bring back cosmetic rewards for Tides of War challenges, but this may change.
    • [JB] Gotcha. So for the cosmetic rewards, get those TOW Challenges completed. By the way, really like the fact you can purchase the unlocks after the week ends in case you missed it.
  • Some folks really liked Squad Conquest. Will it make a return?
    • [RM] We will bring it back but will work with the community to create an event around when we do.
    • [JB] Great! I loved Squad Conquest, but it's that same situation of having too many modes permanently that would split the base.
  • Lots of folks have mentioned they haven’t gotten to the 4th day of a Grand Operation. Will Final Stand ever be a standalone mode?
    • [RM] Current plan is no.
    • [JB] I can see how that makes sense. Too many modes can split the playerbase, and with Firestorm on the horizon, a standalone Final Stand would potentially be competing with Firestorm.
  • The night map for Battle of Hannut is growing in popularity. Are there plans to make more night maps, understanding that it’s not as easy as just “turning off the sun”?
    • [RM] The weekly experiences team is looking at all options, so we will definitely have a look based on the reaction.
    • [JB] Right on. We've seen a lot of positivity towards the Battle of Hannut, especially the night Airborne mission, where it truly feels like you're in WW2.
  • A lot of folks have maxed out at rank 50. Are there plans for a level cap increase? If so, any ETA?
    • [RM] We are working on this as fast as we can, but no ETA yet. We are trying to lock one ASAP.
    • [JB] Sounds good. We'll keep the community informed of any progress.

Comments

• Mavestorm
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When will the Boins be available? I hope there will be tons of new customization items after they release
  • TomTommybb
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is side arm costumization going to come to Battlefield V like we had it in Battlefield 1?
  • ubbemannen
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My psn account ubbanovski is still dont get any company coins after level 50. Please fix this
  • westin76
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Joined first two matches and the first had server connection issues and I left because I couldn't use my gadgets then next was same map Rotterdam conquest and infinte black loading screened me. so far this game is still in rough shape should have gave it a year to release tbh.
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    'Will there be a hardcore mode? If so, when?

[RM] Not ETA yet, but we are definitely looking at it.
    [JB] That's great news. Definitely one of the hot topics for our HC community.'

Still stringing us along... It's a few server options ffs.
  • Braddock512
    1525 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    why dont you let the fan base ask questions?

It's not an AMAA. These are questions that I've gathered from Reddit, Forums, Twitter, FB, Discord.

-Braddock512-
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Something must be seriously wrong if it's not straight forward to increase max rank. That should be one of the easiest things in the world to do surely?
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Something must be seriously wrong if it's not straight forward to increase max rank. That should be one of the easiest things in the world to do surely?

Increasing ranks would be welcome, hopefully this can be addressed and retroactively be assigned to players so accrued score is counted.

• grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Silent enemy footsteps seem to be back 😔
  • Sou1__0062
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what about add more slots for special mission or add autotracking?
  • Quilex
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is still problems with the end of round screen CC and award details. This was meant to be fixed in the last two patches. Both daily and assignments don't show completed.

I have also noticed that the rush dog tag does not unlock on 10 wins.

Keep trying I am sure you will get it right in the end.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    why dont you let the fan base ask questions?

Because we ask too many questions that they do not want to answer because they know the response will be received negatively. This game....while a lot of work and effort did get put into it released far too early and well.....I will simply "imply" that this game is not really what the battlefield community wanted, its closer to what the more hardcore community wanted which is a fraction of what the actually community is in the same way the forums is roughly only 10% of the community or not even that if you consider the playerbase is smaller in this battlefield compared to 1.

and because they also rightly pointed out because its not AMAA :)
  • westin76
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game has froze on me the last 3 matches I join idk what causes the error but pick it up dice and stop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up
  • westin76
    Like why dice why do this to the community and an incomplete game
  • westin76

They don't want to because if they gave out 2000 cc ever level it would throw off there money flow in customization so they need to find a way withoit giving cc