The stomps in this game are getting more ridiculous by the day

Comments

• Vulgar_cowboy
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last night i joined my friends game but i was on the opposite team. When the next round loaded up he sent me an invite to his game (I was already in it) and it swapped me over and put me in his squad. I'm gonna try it when teams are unbalanced tonight and join a randomer from the othet team to even it up.
  • Hawxxeye
    6324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    On PC I haven't had more or less stomps than in past Battlefield titles. Some rounds we are stomping, others we are getting stomped and equally (around 50% of my playtime) I have close games. Perhaps you just need to sacrifice a Monster and bag of Dortios to gain the favor of the Battlefield Gods?
    The main difference is that this time the only escape from the Suck Side (reference to the SW Dark side btw) is to quit.
    Otherwise one can either chose to try to win (like I often do) and get frustrated or to K/D farm like a lot of people do :(
  • ElliotLH
    8653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Last night i joined my friends game but i was on the opposite team. When the next round loaded up he sent me an invite to his game (I was already in it) and it swapped me over and put me in his squad. I'm gonna try it when teams are unbalanced tonight and join a randomer from the othet team to even it up.

What platform are you on? Thought I'd ask since what you mention about joining a randomer is how you change teams on Xbox at the mo.
  • Daytonaflyer
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    I see a lot of level 50s on each team, but the funny thing is none of them are at the top of the scoreboard on the winning team. I don't know how you expect the game to compensate for that.
    The playerlevel is entirely irrelevant. It rises just by playing the game and thus doesn't have any meaning.

Incorrect. While player rank is no guarantee of superior ability, it certainly means more experience. More experience in game means the player would know the maps better, the function and abilities of the vehicles, the aiming characteristics and drop off of bullets and projectiles. They would know the locations of good hiding spots, sniping areas, and resupply stations better. More experience is one of the single biggest deciding factors in winning games in Battlefield. That's why 9 times out of 10 a team with a bunch of level 50s will defeat a team filled with lower rank players.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see a lot of level 50s on each team, but the funny thing is none of them are at the top of the scoreboard on the winning team. I don't know how you expect the game to compensate for that.
    The playerlevel is entirely irrelevant. It rises just by playing the game and thus doesn't have any meaning
    I just don't know how people can think this. "Just playing the game" is how people get good. You suggesting someone who's played the game 10 hours will be just as good as someone who's played it for 100 hours? It's a ridiculous concept. How can amount of experience be irrelevant?

Of course player level means something.

When they are all level 50, it means nothing, sure, because you can't tell if someone has 100 hours or 1000 hours experience, but in the many examples I see where one team has a dozen max level players and the other has none, it's obviously going to be horrible balance.

As you said, when almost everyone is level 50 rank becomes meaningless. I see very few games where the majority of players are not at max rank, and games where it's a bunch of level 50s vs. level 10s is not something I'm seeing at this point. There seems to be a trickle of new players just buying the game, or maybe buying it again based on the scores some of them get, but for the most part if you've played a month and are not rank 50 you must only play a couple of games per day.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    It seems if you actually look at the server browser and pick any of the almost full conquest. Most likely your joining the losing side instantly. Happened to me a lot yesterday. I must of took a quitters spot most likely. hahahahhah

I had that most of last night, I couldn't find a game where I wasn't put on the team that was down hundreds of tickets. Finally late at night I got in with a good squad and had a couple of good games. Even if you lose but the score is close and your squad played well you can still have fun, and we even managed to win one game.

Scrambling squads between teams every round would go a long way to fixing this, at least then the stomping would only last one round. But as it is a team can be crushed several rounds in a row and that just isn't good for BFV as it will discourage many players from even loading the game if they experience the same thing every day.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stop pushing out nonsense assignments and tides of war content and put in some basic features to correct the team balance.
    What's wrong with "kill 4 enemies that are hiding behind vehicles by shooting their feet while you are crouch-walking?"
    ^This is what I LIVE FOR!

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A Stomp is just a Dance .
    Sometimes you're the dancer .
    Sometimes you're the floor .

Losing is for learning then - the moves AND the floor :tongue:

How do you learn this super sweet sniper dance they do?
    (from :06 to :13)
  • MrCamp121
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The playerlevel is entirely irrelevant. It rises just by playing the game and thus doesn't have any meaning.

Incorrect. While player rank is no guarantee of superior ability, it certainly means more experience. More experience in game means the player would know the maps better, the function and abilities of the vehicles, the aiming characteristics and drop off of bullets and projectiles. They would know the locations of good hiding spots, sniping areas, and resupply stations better. More experience is one of the single biggest deciding factors in winning games in Battlefield. That's why 9 times out of 10 a team with a bunch of level 50s will defeat a team filled with lower rank players.

Yeah. Except when i go and make an alt account and troll from a low level just to prove you wrong ;)
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    It seems if you actually look at the server browser and pick any of the almost full conquest. Most likely your joining the losing side instantly. Happened to me a lot yesterday. I must of took a quitters spot most likely. hahahahhah

I had that most of last night, I couldn't find a game where I wasn't put on the team that was down hundreds of tickets. Finally late at night I got in with a good squad and had a couple of good games. Even if you lose but the score is close and your squad played well you can still have fun, and we even managed to win one game.

Scrambling squads between teams every round would go a long way to fixing this, at least then the stomping would only last one round. But as it is a team can be crushed several rounds in a row and that just isn't good for BFV as it will discourage many players from even loading the game if they experience the same thing every day.

I like the rounds where my team would lose but my squad gets the best squad spot light.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stomped again. And again. And again. DICE are you paying attention? MAKE TEAMS BALANCED ALREADY. And please do something to encourage teamwork and PTFO, not world of warcraft style solo assignments.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stomped again. And again. And again. DICE are you paying attention? MAKE TEAMS BALANCED ALREADY. And please do something to encourage teamwork and PTFO, not world of warcraft style solo assignments.

There is absolutely no kind of balancing of any kind right now.

I've been looking at the scoreboard pretty intently during some stomps and I've noticed 2 things often. One is that normally the team doing the stomping has around 1/4-1/3 more level 50s, which I know is no indicator of skill, but more time played means more knowledge and of course practice. The second thing I've noticed is that "clans", or at least groups of players with the same tag, are 90% on the winning team, and not just that, but there are more separate clans on the winning team AKA clan stacked. Just saw it again in my last match, which was a stomp, other team was 25/32 level 50s, with 1 clan of 9 players, and 3 other clans of 2-3 players. My team had 18/32 50s and 1 clan of 2 players.
  • Astr0damus
    I don't have any issue with clans playing in public lobbies, I mean what else should they do? I just don't let them stomp me more than once.. if I get stomped and see there are 3 or 4 in the same clan in the top 10 of the leader board, I'm Audi 5000
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was the last game to have balancing right?
    still not sure how dice forgot how to code that...
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I don't have any issue with clans playing in public lobbies, I mean what else should they do? I just don't let them stomp me more than once.. if I get stomped and see there are 3 or 4 in the same clan in the top 10 of the leader board, I'm Audi 5000

you wait that long?
    if i see a full squad from a clan on one side but not mine? i'm out.
    regardless of score.
  • Soulbreeze
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's completely random. Some days stomped. Other days stomping. Some days toss up.
  • kismo1980
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove the k/d ratio element and people will play differently and with a different mindset.
    If KpM would be the main stat I am sure there will be less campers, less people leaving loosing teams and so on...
  • Hawxxeye
    6324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The there is the thing I most hate when people do, it should not had been possible to move like that and being able to shoot with any accuracy
  • MrCamp121
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

The there is the thing I most hate when people do, it should not had been possible to move like that and being able to shoot with any accuracy

When i see that, along with 99% of people using assault ezmode SLRs i just turn the game off. Ive stopped playing this game. Theres no variation in classes and weapons. Yawn