I hate to admit it but there are cheaters in this game currently

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loony wrote: »
    Would you keep blatantly hacking when you dont know if an admin is spec'in a server?

Most hack software has "spectator warning."

• Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    And its getting worst, its a damn shame they will not release the rent your own server program :(.

Players will vote with their wallets, time will show you, no rentable-servers = less micro transactions. I for one will not purchase anything until we get rentable servers.
  • TFBisquit
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would you keep blatantly hacking when you dont know if an admin is spec'in a server?

Yes. I experienced this first hand by a blatant cheater last weekend. While most already reported him, I couldn't due to origin overlay not enabled. You have to quit the game to enable it again. So I decided to rejoin the server spectating him. While he was blatant and without shame multiple rounds, my speccing him only lasted 2 or 3 minutes. Then he suddenly quitted. I say his whistles went off and decided to call it the day.
  • Tass1e
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47524758

So they can ban that many cheating players and make a big thing out of it and you cant even make a dent no hope for this travesty of a game. Please just give us back rsp so we can do your job for you, Just exactly as we have been doing since day one of the bf series on pc joke of a company.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just a saw someone yesterday high tail it out of a room after getting spectated he was def walling as he knew where I was at all times. A person in spectator chat stated (without naming said person) someone was bs and as soon the chat came up that top player popped out of the game almost instantly.

So yeah I'm def sure there is a spectator warning integrated in the programs.
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »

Yes. I experienced this first hand by a blatant cheater last weekend. While most already reported him, I couldn't due to origin overlay not enabled. You have to quit the game to enable it again. So I decided to rejoin the server spectating him. While he was blatant and without shame multiple rounds, my speccing him only lasted 2 or 3 minutes. Then he suddenly quitted. I say his whistles went off and decided to call it the day.

You can alt tab out and search their name in Origin, and it should come up. I've never had issues finding someone.
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AntiFox08 wrote: »

You can alt tab out and search their name in Origin, and it should come up. I've never had issues finding someone.

There is no need to alt-tab, you can bring up the scoreboard and view their profile all in-game, if you are 100% sure that they are cheating you can report them right there and then.
  • TFBisquit
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It never was an issue. I don't feel like reporting people anymore so disabled the origin overlay. My point was I spectated him, to see how and what he was using. Apparently he knew this because soon after I specced him he left.
  • -Antares65z
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I've noticed that when spectating suspicisious players, often they will drop off the server within a minute of when I start watching.
  • NN_Buzz12
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As far as I'm concerned EA/Dice owe us affordable servers to rent. I paid for a game to play not be a bullet catcher for hackers. This game and the build up to the release is not as advertised. It could be construed as fraud and theft by deception. EA will not get a second chance to take my money if they can't make this right. If this game doesn't end up with servers it'll be the last game I buy from EA/Dice.

Many of us go back to BF2 (some further back) and have supported EA hoping the next BF game would be even better. BF2 had hackers too but they didn't last in a private server. I've watched a good number of my friend flat out quit because of this poor release full of hackers. I don't trust that this game will ever be hacker free. The only way many people will return is if we have our own server with admin controls so we can monitor game play.

Most of us are grown ups. Make it right EA or let us know this is the best it'll get.

For the desktop attorneys spare me the "EA has deep pockets and hundreds of lawyers". They'll reap what they sow.
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've noticed that when spectating suspicisious players, often they will drop off the server within a minute of when I start watching.

I have also noticed some players suddenly get very bad when being spectated or leave the game. its a good way to move the hacks on to a new server.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I said christmas was when I first noticed the uptick in cheaters. Its actually gotten worse since then. Its not uncommon to meet cheaters daily, sometimes multiple per day. The state of the anticheat is not good, especially compared to BF1 efforts before that. I hope they have something in store soon. The only time I've seen anticheat worse than this is playing BF4 operation servers.
  • supamariomite
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 12
    At this point Dice and EA should stop support for the game totally because instead of trying to fix a lemon that cannot be fixed they should spend their time making an apology game like a Battlefield 3 Remaster with all DLC included supported by purchasable by cash character/weapon cosmetic items (No in-game currencies) or Bad Company 3 with a season pass.
  • pajsner
    65 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I said christmas was when I first noticed the uptick in cheaters. Its actually gotten worse since then. Its not uncommon to meet cheaters daily, sometimes multiple per day. The state of the anticheat is not good, especially compared to BF1 efforts before that. I hope they have something in store soon. The only time I've seen anticheat worse than this is playing BF4 operation servers.

It was the effect of Christmas sales on cheating-sites that you noticed. And probably they have won many new customers, who discovered that cheating does not punish in this game.
  • Dynamyte71
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    There are a lot of shady characters playing this game. We had an opponent cheating in a tank on Aerodome last night. His team helped us get rid of his resupply and hi jacked their own tank from him. He was at least 56-0 and the game was a cluster before he quit. There is a lot of cheating for sure.
    Just a segue into what I really want to highlight which is escalated esp accusations. I for one was certainly throwing the accusations around quite liberally. That was until a month ago.
    I think there are some very questionable mechanics in the game itself. Recon is my least favourite class to play. However recently with a run of assignments that were Recon centric I did the spot scope 12 spots in a life. This scope is insane. It has a large fov and auto spot. On Narvik I found spots on both A and B to just sit and scan the horizon. We had a tank above c and the opposition had 5 hunkered down in a house and the scope was spotting everything...even ones I couldn’t see. Naturally it reduced to a lot of name calling and accusations of esp on our tank.
    I wasn’t griefing or anything like that, just testing a theory. This practice I can honestly say is being done by many especially for maps with elevation vantage points like Narvik, Twisted Steel, Aerodome. It’s not right. They need to lose the auto spot and you need either a longer hold or have to manually call it out.

Sorry for the long winded go at this, but I believe this to be a big culprit behind the increased esp accusations.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dynamyte71 wrote: »
    There are a lot of shady characters playing this game. We had an opponent cheating in a tank on Aerodome last night. His team helped us get rid of his resupply and hi jacked their own tank from him. He was at least 56-0 and the game was a cluster before he quit. There is a lot of cheating for sure.
    Just a segue into what I really want to highlight which is escalated esp accusations. I for one was certainly throwing the accusations around quite liberally. That was until a month ago.
    I think there are some very questionable mechanics in the game itself. Recon is my least favourite class to play. However recently with a run of assignments that were Recon centric I did the spot scope 12 spots in a life. This scope is insane. It has a large fov and auto spot. On Narvik I found spots on both A and B to just sit and scan the horizon. We had a tank above c and the opposition had 5 hunkered down in a house and the scope was spotting everything...even ones I couldn’t see. Naturally it reduced to a lot of name calling and accusations of esp on our tank.
    I wasn’t griefing or anything like that, just testing a theory. This practice I can honestly say is being done by many especially for maps with elevation vantage points like Narvik, Twisted Steel, Aerodome. It’s not right. They need to lose the auto spot and you need either a longer hold or have to manually call it out.

Sorry for the long winded go at this, but I believe this to be a big culprit behind the increased esp accusations.

Yes. Sometimes people get it wrong. But, there is a significant number of ESP users. The spectator mode allows you to see the spec'd player's UI. This way you can see if they have the enemy spotted or not.
    -
    I am repeatedly finding people chasing down targets which are not spotted on their screen and are away from combat, and there is no enemy scope glint (diff class). In spectator mode you see the position of all players in the game. I also noticed they repeatedly, blindly rush into areas where a clean player would be more careful, using cover, and checking angles. The reason they can do this, is they have a full view of all enemy player positions. They rush in constantly, but have amazing K/D. If a clean player was doing that, they would be dying often.
    -
    Some of them are being careful about it after you spectate. This is because the cheat has a "notify on spectate" feature. Many are doing their best to look clean by not tracking the enemy through walls/terrain, etc. But, if you spectate long enough they will fail and soemtimes track. I've noticed a pattern to what a lot of these closet cheaters are doing. They will drift the view generally around where the concealed enemies are. So as to not look like tracking. But, they still move toward these players which they shouldn't be aware of in this pseudo-random looking way. Where a clean player wouldn't be going in those directions.
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ceph_v74 wrote: »
    AntiFox08 wrote: »

There is no need to alt-tab, you can bring up the scoreboard and view their profile all in-game, if you are 100% sure that they are cheating you can report them right there and then.

Did you even read the post I replied to? The guy had his Origin overlay disabled. Almost any time there's a performance issue, the #1 question is, "Is your Origin in-game enabled? If so, disable it." I disable the overlay in every Origin game I play rather than gamble with performance.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If a mod could un-bin my post please.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes. Sometimes people get it wrong. But, there is a significant number of ESP users. The spectator mode allows you to see the spec'd player's UI. This way you can see if they have the enemy spotted or not.

Where a clean player wouldn't be going in those directions.

Excellent post.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Always a good idea to read the info on private cheat seller's web sites. Apex has better anti-cheat than BF5... which isn't saying much. Difference with Apex, it being F2P they can rage cheat and just create a new account to do it again.
    Apex Legends developers posted they banned over 350,000 Apex Legend Hackers (March 11, 2019) **scumbags** was NOT affected by the ban wave.

**scumbags** has released the first-ever Apex Legend Hacks on our site. The Chams version of the cheat is undetected and ready for download.

Prices are **cheap** and **cheaper** for 30 days access (you get a $* discount if you buy with bitcoin) Click Here to Register Now

We have over 5000 users playing with our Apex Legends Hacks currently and nobody has been banned, so join us now and start winning every round.

5000 users isn't much in the context of the large player-base, but.. if you do the math.. that's $135,000 a month for the cheat seller... so 1.6 million USD a year. Add in the BF cheaters, plus other games.. that's definitely the motivation why the cheat providers work a hell of a lot harder on it than the anti-cheat efforts from every other game with the exception of PUBG, which this particular site stopped selling cheats a while back. In the big picture, it's just video games so I do not blame these guys for developing and selling cheats. It's not like they're doing ransom-ware or something like that. I do blame EA and Dice for not putting more effort into anti-cheat then these guys who are making bank coding the cheats.
    We have some of the most amazing Apex Legends Hack features you’ll find anywhere on the Internet.

Most sites can’t get around EAC (the games anti-cheat), but **scumbags** coders are experts at beating EAC.

Our team has a new HWID Spoofer to keep you safe at all times, even if you rage and get banned.

Now let’s have a look at the Hack features.

It's funny how BF4 is a lot cleaner now that the cheaters have moved on to newer games. There's still quite a few cheats on locker servers, but there are many full servers on other maps and modes. I'm having some fun with it.
This discussion has been closed.