DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's fair to link arms and boycott firestorm, it's a waste of time no one wanted.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's fair to link arms and boycott firestorm, it's a waste of time no one wanted.

Sarcasm right?
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

ho boy
  • tolly2121
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is a dope idea. I will definitely be playing it. I think they should eventually do a 32 v 32 BR where you only have one life as well.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just give us new maps and content... I think we could all agree it was a little sparse at launch and post launch has seen too little of it.

The Devs admitting that BF5 has not gone according to plan thus far is the proof in the pudding.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Also content is not tied to the amount of new people playing the game.

Of course content is related to how many people buy a game, or alternatively how much money people will put into a game. Development costs money, compare the massive expansion of games like BF3 and BF4 which had paid DLC and Premium to BFV which has neither of those things and has seen a trickle of new content because there is no ongoing revenue. If Firestorm is a hit and EA sells lots more copies of BFV (IIRC their initial sales were a million short of their target) then maybe they'll tell DICE to move faster on new maps etc. Otherwise I don't know where the funding for more content will come from, I can't see most of us pouring real money into skins if and when they ever get around to selling them.

This is not how it works at all. You think they started developing new content AFTER they saw how many people pre-ordered/bought the game? No. They knew everything they wanted to release BEFORE the game even launched. Developing a game is an investment, not something you improve on after making money from it. Maybe Fortnite or Apex, not Battlefield which is a series with new game released every 2, 3 years.

Of course they know everything they want to release, but that doesn't mean they will go through with it if sales do no justify the expense. The DLC for previous games were announced well ahead of time because revenue from paid DLC and Premium would cover development costs. But in some cases planned content, even content on which much of the work has already been done, are cancelled--e.g. only one of the three night maps for BF4 was ever released. EA has been known to change its mind, consider the SWBFII fiasco.

Why is EA keeping so quiet about additional content for BFV beyond the few scraps of info we've heard so far? Because by not announcing such content they always have the option of not going ahead with it if revenues from this game remain disappointing. They were very public about additions to previous titles because that helped drum up sales of paid DLC and without those they have no reason to promote something that won't bring in more money. I bet they're hoping Firestorm results in a surge of sales, otherwise we had better get used to the trickle of new content remaining just that, a trickle.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

And by "no one" you mean you. There are posts in this forum and others from players looking forward to Firestorm, so your view does not seem to be universal. Shocking, isn't it.

The vast majority of the dudes and ladies here do not want it mate, come off it.. this is battlefield here we are talking about.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019

And by "no one" you mean you. There are posts in this forum and others from players looking forward to Firestorm, so your view does not seem to be universal. Shocking, isn't it.

The Majority saying NO, we don't care for it.

85% according to recent polls ;)

I will say the recent videos released have it looking quite promising. If it pulls in more money for them so that they can bust out more maps, factions, weapons, skins, etc for the base game as well I'll be happy with it.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The Majority saying NO, we don't care for it.

85% according to recent polls ;)

I will say the recent videos released have it looking quite promising. If it pulls in more money for them so that they can bust out more maps, factions, weapons, skins, etc for the base game as well I'll be happy with it.

You said 80% in the other thread and it is poll, singular.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m still laughing at people cryharding over a mode that they don’t have to play.

We didn’t ask for this!

I assume that everyone only plays conquest? I hope dice removes it for bf6. It wouldn’t bother me, so it should happen.
  • Trokey66
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I’m still laughing at people cryharding over a mode that they don’t have to play.

We didn’t ask for this!

I assume that everyone only plays conquest? I hope dice removes it for bf6. It wouldn’t bother me, so it should happen.

I didn't ask for TDM......
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there anyone else in here who will never touch or play this mode?

Me and my friends will probably try it but other than that we'll probably skip, ultimately its not why we play battlefield. We play battlefield for conquest, for rush, for grand operations and general mayhem with vehicles and other things. If we want to play a battleroyale we'll play pubg which isn't actually too bad right now, sure its still the same old thing it always was but it feels good, had some great matches and won them yesterday so yeah i see no reason to focus on Firestorm. Which as I predicted in a thread will be another reason it will fail. The competition is already entrenched and so generally its starting too look like a more vehicle based pubg with BF weapon handling which is meh tbh.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

We didn’t ask for this!

I didn't ask for TDM......

tenor.gif
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Is there anyone else in here who will never touch or play this mode?

Serious question though.....

Why do you intend to 'ignore' it and what is the point of this thread?

Exactly. If it's well done and fun to play, why would anyone boycott it other than making a theatrical gesture? This is not Real Battlefield and I shan't be playing it! LOL, so many drama queens striking poses in here.

duck-face-3_c_157652.jpg
    "Long hair, don't care"
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Autorotor wrote: »
    I'm ignoring both DICE and EA at the moment and i'm planing to do so for the coming years to.

How are you ignoring DICE and EA whilst simultaneously talking about them on their official message board?
    huh? huh? huh? What now? Get some!
    (j/klolrotflmboramboteenwolf)
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    *this guy* while pointing to myself
  • Vulgar_cowboy
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will play one round like i always do when they introduce new modes... Then go back to conquest as always. Bf is conquest.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battle Royal for me is extremely boring.
    Firstly you can spend a few minyutes waiting to start.. then with a bad landing spot be dead in seconds (even worse with the hardcore ttd).. game over. Yawn.

Then there is the staying out of sight. Hiding tactic. Boring.

This discussion has been closed.