Cheater problem is getting worse

xXMysterio
40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 11
Hey there. I know, DICE said that they've working mechanisms against cheaters in Battlefield V. And normally, most of those who appear to be cheating, are just extremely good players (like Ekwah and others) or have a good day.
I get blamed to be a cheater every day, it's enough to wipe a squad - or even to fly.

But in the past couple of days, I had at least one blatant cheater in a game. And no, I don't talk about a "good" player. I talk about guys or girls, who run around with a Lewis gun and headshot the whole enemy team within 30 seconds. Ending up with a score of ~150:3. And do it, according to battletracker, every day. They keep their SPM and K/D low, by joining matches without doing something or letting themselves killed only.
For example, I reported a cheater 5 weeks ago, after a 230:9 in conquest. He took the MG42, climbed to the rooftop of the church and yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa. All dead. This guy, plays about 3 days a week. Until today. No ban. So what exactly is DICE doing?
Asking cheaters in matches, they say: "Ban? No. Punkbuster, BattleEye, Easy Anti-Cheat... Nothing is active in BFV. Only "Fairfight" which can be circumvented very easily and doesn't ban by HWID. I buy a cheap key and be back within 10 minutes if I maybe get banned!"

To be honest, it's not up to me to judge the (not working) anti-cheat in Battlefield V. All I can say is, that there are more and more cheaters out there who aren't afraid of being reported (and banned) - which makes the game totally un-enjoyable.

//edit: Typo

Comments

• Shadow_MissFire
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has got way worse recently and it is blatant, they feel no need to be subtle as there seems to be no consequence. I wish EA would take it seriously.
  • Key2Destiny
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has got way worse recently and it is blatant, they feel no need to be subtle as there seems to be no consequence. I wish EA would take it seriously.

Unfortunately they aren't really going to do much to a dying game. So don't get your hopes up.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just got a new gaming laptop today, but there's no way I will switch over from console. Not when every single day I run into these kinds of threads. I just stick with the lousy tick- and frame rate, bad servers, wonky aim-assist, but at least there's no hacks.
  • ackers75
    2287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    Just got a new gaming laptop today, but there's no way I will switch over from console. Not when every single day I run into these kinds of threads. I just stick with the lousy tick- and frame rate, bad servers, wonky aim-assist, but at least there's no hacks.

Specifically bought this game for my one x for this very reason!
    All the rest apart from exclusives are on pc
  • xXMysterio
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Unfortunately they aren't really going to do much to a dying game. So don't get your hopes up.

I personally don't think that this game is dying. Most people get this impression because they don't see people streaming the game on Twitch or making a ton of YouTube videos. In fact, most people have issues to play and stream the game at the same time because of its very resource-hungry.
    But the servers are still very populated and most of my friends still play it.

But that's a little bit off-topic now.

The main issue stays: Cheaters. We can just hope that DICE is hearing us. We have to keep raising our voices here in the forum guys!
    Maybe DICE should consider to activate anti-cheat solutions like in APEX Legends or other games. And of course, start to ban by HWID. I know, it's bringing in more sales if cheaters just buy a new copy everytime they get banned, but it doesn't help the rest of us! Sure, HWID can be changed, but most reliable software, as well as ofc hardware changes, cost more money.
    But it would be a good start and would for sure keep the majority of potential cheaters away from us - and Battlefield V.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12664 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are many cheaters its true.

But I think as a result of there being more cheating people are seeing cheaters where there are none.

For example:

On Rotterdamn defense on breakthrough I was defending A/B as you do on the second phase and I was 18-0 with the suomi 50 mag spec, you know its the suomi and its gross so. Anyway, I was just casually running around killing people on the right flank of A and killed 3 guys, 1 of them was 10-0 and then died to me and immediately called cheats, he then proceeded to do so 3 times in a row and continued until I eventually had enough and called him out in chat for being out right bad (his map awareness was horrible), he then proceeded to tell me im reported for cheating and im just like.. "just because I was the only one who killed you 3 times in a row?" and he saids something like "yes and hacker score" ... at this point im just face-palming and half the server is laughing.

I feel like there is a huge ego problem in this community, its not just the cheaters they are a symptom not a cause (symptom of a poorly updated AC system) the community itself hackusates so much that its unreasonable to actually determine who is cheating and who is not because nobody knows because everyone thinks anyone who kills them cheats. I also only started to notice this problem post BF3. I barely saw and hackusations in BF3, 4 started to have a bit and then the ridiculous amount of admin abuse came and then following that, BF1 had some of the worst I'd seen from a battlefield match.

The weapon handling in this game is far too easy and it makes it far too easy for people to just dome people from ridiculous angles, ranges and moments of odd as hell movement. Yeah the cheater problem needs to be fixed and theres no doubt a lot of cheaters there always is a group of people who just outright blow at the game but frankly there are many in this community outside and inside of the forums who also need to get their heads out of their backsides.
This discussion has been closed.