BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• CrashCA
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @HonorguyXNL

An aside, Axelrod has been fighting this fight since before BF1 released. Not late to party, just frustrated by it.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If BF "6" does not meet the expectations then the franchise will be cancelled on order of EA. As simple as that, they will think (read assume) that people have lost interest despite that likely to be untrue.

I don't know about you, but this is my last Battlefield game, my last EA game.

Unless dice and EA want to pucker up and kiss my **** and apologize.
  • Jaskaman
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4
    It has been so frustrating to push people to play BFV-it needs more content, and the fact that some people do not want to play only in official servers anymore. Server rentals could fix the situation but it should come asap...I have lost my faith about server rentals....
    This is going to a bit sidetrack, but Squad CQ was great (only 3 maps though) and it was removed, Rush is coming only for 2 weeks (unless they extend it) and apparently it has also 3 maps only.
    People are playing games like Anthem, Apex instead.
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA's only concern is roll out numbers . They are discounting for more numbers at this point . They went into this game with no plan . I'm starting to think they have interns working for free on this game . That would make sense .
  • -Antares65z
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    I think ea wants to kill off the Battlefield franchise . It's either that or they want to alienate themselves from players by driving them away. I not sure which it is.

Either way, no real dedicated servers will get ea both.

I don't think EA wants to kill Battlefield off. That wouldn't make business sense. I believe they're morphing BF into a more casual shooter that isn't going to have the polish of previous games. Every year they spit out a half-baked game for $59.99 that appeals to the casual couch gamer. Within 8-10 months, most players are bored and ready to move on to the next BF game. They're probably crunching the numbers now to see if it's worthwhile to kill off PC so they don't have to deal with the cheats or a RSP. All they have to do is make their future games have native M/K support on consoles and BF will become a casual shooter. It will generate enough $$$ to make the shareholders happy.
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    @HonorguyXNL

An aside, Axelrod has been fighting this fight since before BF1 released. Not late to party, just frustrated by it.

I know :) we al remember each other I believe, at least I do. First time I came across @Axlerod1 was august 2016.
    If BF "6" does not meet the expectations then the franchise will be cancelled on order of EA. As simple as that, they will think (read assume) that people have lost interest despite that likely to be untrue.

I don't know about you, but this is my last Battlefield game, my last EA game.

Unless dice and EA want to pucker up and kiss my **** and apologize.

Not clear for me yet as it simply depends on what the game is going to bring and what setting it will be. I dislike futuristic settings big-time and as such I only got 2142 for collection and disliked the last BF4 DLC with all that laser stuff.
    I think ea wants to kill off the Battlefield franchise . It's either that or they want to alienate themselves from players by driving them away. I not sure which it is.

IMO the Live Service has killed BFV but as you said and I agree, the lack of dedicated servers did the most work. I still think that BFV would've been more playable despite the lack of content if communities had their go.

Ever since the launch of BFV I also have the feeling that EA is actively trying to kill the Franchise. Actually, the whole marketing campaign already gave me that feeling. Not a single business in their right mind would've done such a bad job on this game at the marketing as EA did. Even a company that has no clue how to do marketing would've done it better. Heck, even a company that did nothing to market at all would've done better.
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    EA are pushing their subscription base business model so have no need to rely on a "big money" title release, if it fails its not a problem.
    BF1 and the lack of community base focus lost my interest in the future of the Battlefield series, I didn't buy BFV and probably wont at this stage, out of over 100 members in our community less then 10 got BF1 even less have BFV .....
  • CrashCA
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To add to EA's troubles, Anthem is reported to be bricking some consoles.
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What ever EA's reasoning is, after the BF1 failure, I will not buy anymore EA titles. I won't even play EA's free to play game.

When EA can make a game that is fun to play, looks good and can support all my friends and admins then I may come back.

Until such time, to me it looks like the only way EA can get people to play their games is to go with free to play. Apex Legends has 50 million downloads now.
    Has not proven to have made any money yet but they at have have people downloading their game.
  • Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Within 8-10 months, most players are bored and ready to move on to the next BF game.

Unfortunately, that's the problem and EA know it..They know that there's a large core loyal group of gamers no matter what you do they will keep on coming back on hope or a half baked promise with double meaning that may or will lead to nowhere..

In saying that I truly believe that now even the most loyal BF gamers patience's is wearing thin and is not even looking forward to whats at offer in the future because of the predictability of this franchise.

• Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • StingX71
    821 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Its got to go back to 3rd party rental server companies. DICE fubar'd it on BF1.
  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It would be astonishing to get 3rd party rentals back. It's too astounding to even let myself think about, because of the potential disappointment of it not happening.
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StingX71 wrote: »

Its got to go back to 3rd party rental server companies. DICE fubar'd it on BF1.

If this doesn't happen , the pc end of Battlefield will die out . Might even be too late for this game .
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Exactly. Look for more news about it in a few months.
  • -Antares65z
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Exactly. Look for more news about it in a few months.

The game will be dead by then and most players will have moved on.