Time for a new look at TTK?

1568101121

Comments

  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    DyD6Marina wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @DyD6Marina wrote
    No thanks, Battlefield can't come back to be a totally casual game.
    I'm not sure I undertand your point of view. Imo all BF games have been casual pub games and so is BFV.
    What BF game was not casual?

    Sure, but bf1943-bf1 game was alot more casual than any other battlefield game.

    Battlefield V is the least casual thanks to the removal of random deviation, low ttk and recoil pattern introduction.
    You mean all BF games was casual except BF1942 and BFV?
    I don't know if it's different on console, but PC have laser guns. Recoil is almost not existing and 3 x scope is also as casual as it get's.
    Even Planes are more casual and easy to use than in the whole BF series.
    If we leave BF1 out, I would say BFV is just as casual if not even more than any other BF game.

    Bf1942/bf2/bfv/bf2142 and battlefield V are the least casuals, all the others are more casual(more or less i don't care to do a list of them).

    I'm talking of PC, and no they aren't laser gun, people can control the recoil, the more high of the modern battlefield , but considered now player can control the weapons, they aren't random anymore, and this make seems they are laser.

    But in this case they are more accurated because the player control the weapons, instead in the previous, the weapons are laser because there no recoil and people go to tapping fire to control the spread.

    The differences is in Battlefield V you use your skill thanks to recoil pattern/low ttk/ removal of random deviation, in bf1943-bf1 you random tapping fire.

    The more casual plane was on bf3/bf4, i don't like the bombing indicator, but they aren't bad balanced like in past.

    Every principal feature in Battlefield V make this game objectively less casual than every modern Battlefield, this is a fact, removal of random deviation, low ttk, recoil pattern, attrition in general, better maps(less coddish and more adapt to a Battlefield).

    Can be there people not like a more challenging game, but this changes are facts.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    DyD6Marina wrote: »
    BF V has the most casual gunplay because there is nothing to it. Honestly there is a very good set of reasons why this game is doing so poorly. Refusal to accept facts is one of them, you sound just like DICE lmao

    Pls why you must lying and trolling?

    But probably you are one of the casuals want again the random suppression and random deviation so you have more time to survive.

    Surely you not even known what is recoil pattern or even random deviation...

    You just use buzzwords because you have absolutely no idea how the game worked or how to play it.

    There was nothing 'random' about it, guns were actually balanced in previous titles to not be capable of mag dumping across the map with perfect accuracy.

    Since that element of BF V gunplay (the only element to BFV's gunplay) is exactly why its a completely imbalanced game. Assault class, end of discussion there.

    And recoil patterns are a joke when most of the guns have exceptionally low recoil. You have to spray to get recoil, so anyone used to previous games (where burst fire was required) finds it extremely shallow.

    But you are right in that I would honestly never play this game again if they don't change it. I'm gonna try Firestorm for the helis and then make the call on uninstalling since there is nothing else for me in this game. Its just bad, hence the numbers. And the abundance of user created content calling it bad and in need of improvement.

    "There was nothing 'random' about it, guns were actually balanced in previous titles to not be capable of mag dumping across the map with perfect accuracy"

    This is enough to understand you are trolling.

    Really spread is a random thing, and random deviation is...i really need to explain?

    But i start to think explain has no effect on some "players".

    Like i said before, now i understand why Dice mostly ignore this forum, they are doing the right choice, i do the same.
  • SirBobdk
    4276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @DyD6Marina wrote
    Bf1942/bf2/bfv/bf2142 and battlefield V are the least casuals, all the others are more casual
    Ok, now I get it and I agree :smile: I would also place BFV in that group of games, but not in map design and quality.
    And yes BF became much more casual with BF3.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @DyD6Marina wrote
    Bf1942/bf2/bfv/bf2142 and battlefield V are the least casuals, all the others are more casual
    Ok, now I get it and I agree :smile: I would also place BFV in that group of games, but not in map design and quality.
    And yes BF became much more casual with BF3.

    Map design is in general better because they are finally more open and more similar to the original Battlefield(not in size sadly).

    Even a map like fjell have open space like a true Battlefield map, even if after all is very little.

    Sadly the "casualization" of the series started alot before bf3, i can't forgotten the disaster was bf1943.

  • SirBobdk
    4276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DyD6Marina wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @DyD6Marina wrote
    Bf1942/bf2/bfv/bf2142 and battlefield V are the least casuals, all the others are more casual
    Ok, now I get it and I agree :smile: I would also place BFV in that group of games, but not in map design and quality.
    And yes BF became much more casual with BF3.

    Map design is in general better because they are finally more open and more similar to the original Battlefield.
    Yes, but don't you miss the huge maps and vehicle play we have seen in the BF games you mention.
    Now we get small/medium size maps like Arras, devestation, Fjeld, Rotterdam, Narvik and Aerodome.
    It feels like a infantry game that happens to have a few vehicles that really dont have any real impact on the game.
    Panzerstorm and Hamada may be the only maps that feels like BF maps.
  • trip1ex
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    BFV is more BF1 than anything. IT's mostly small maps with mostly infantry. They just made a camping ( hardcore) version of BF1 is all.


    It feels nothing like the old BF42 and BF2.

  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes you need to explain because you would very quickly find out that what you are claiming is a bunch of nonsense, regurgitated click bait buzzwords and outdated memes from last year with no basis in reality or understanding of the gameplay.

    A bunch of idiots claiming things are random for youtube views =/= it actually being a tangible thing.

    The closest you got to random accuracy was being suppressed, because that was the point of suppressing fire lmfao. Not like this game where you can just peek and 2 tap heads across the map instantly with your assault sniper rifle. There was actually a benefit to it. In this game its literally just a source of points.

    Anything other situation was extremely reliable and easily controlled by a player with little experience.

    I know its really super hard compared to no recoil and no spread like BF V but random it was not at all.

    Needing trigger discipline to go with recoil control and aim is totally casual. Clicking really fast and mag dumping is much more skilled.
  • SirBobdk
    4276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    BFV is more BF1 than anything. IT's mostly small maps with mostly infantry. They just made a camping ( hardcore) version of BF1 is all.
    It feels nothing like the old BF42 and BF2.
    That's also my point. The gunplay may feel like the same (can't really remember), but the maps and focus on only infantry makes is so different.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    DyD6Marina wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @DyD6Marina wrote
    Bf1942/bf2/bfv/bf2142 and battlefield V are the least casuals, all the others are more casual
    Ok, now I get it and I agree :smile: I would also place BFV in that group of games, but not in map design and quality.
    And yes BF became much more casual with BF3.

    Map design is in general better because they are finally more open and more similar to the original Battlefield.
    Yes, but don't you miss the huge maps and vehicle play we have seen in the BF games you mention.
    Now we get small/medium size maps like Arras, devestation, Fjeld, Rotterdam, Narvik and Aerodome.
    It feels like a infantry game that happens to have a few vehicles that really dont have any real impact on the game.
    Panzerstorm and Hamada may be the only maps that feels like BF maps.

    I don't miss it. Never liked the big maps. Bf1 were good enough in most cases.

    The bigger maps cater to vehicles. In bf1 sized maps provided a good mix
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @SirBobdk


    I don't miss it. Never liked the big maps. Bf1 were good enough in most cases.

    The bigger maps cater to vehicles. In bf1 sized maps provided a good mix
  • trip1ex
    4979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    BFV is more BF1 than anything. IT's mostly small maps with mostly infantry. They just made a camping ( hardcore) version of BF1 is all.
    It feels nothing like the old BF42 and BF2.
    That's also my point. The gunplay may feel like the same (can't really remember), but the maps and focus on only infantry makes is so different.

    gunplay feels nothing like bf42 either.


    Only weapon that had a scope was the sniper rifle. And it had a long reload and a few bullets per clip. I have the game on my desktop. There's no sprinting in BF42 either. If you held down shift you tip-toed. You didn't sprint.

    The gunplay was more arcade.

    also in BF42 they didn't have the "favor the shooter" mentality of today's games. Where they favor what you see on the screen as the shooter at the expense of the person on the receiving end.


  • SirBobdk
    4276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    @SirBobdk


    I don't miss it. Never liked the big maps. Bf1 were good enough in most cases.

    The bigger maps cater to vehicles. In bf1 sized maps provided a good mix
    I repect that. I on the other hand like huge maps like in BF2.
  • MarxistDictator
    4977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Those games had pretty wild multipliers too. Legs in BF2 were like body armor in Hardline after the nerf.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »
    @SirBobdk


    I don't miss it. Never liked the big maps. Bf1 were good enough in most cases.

    The bigger maps cater to vehicles. In bf1 sized maps provided a good mix
    I repect that. I on the other hand like huge maps like in BF2.

    Big maps are epic for the scale of war. I think when battlefields came out, 64 players was almost unheard of.

    So that feeling in being in a massive all out war I can see how it resonated with people. But now? 64 is more common. It's not in every game but the novelty wore off. You have games with over 100 players in game now, some way bigger than that. It's just like meh.

    I guess part of that depends on map design too. Apex only had 60 but feels like it had more for to respawn, higher ttk, movement/traversal and so forth. Some people thought br games like that wouldn't take off because it's not close to 100 but it did.

    I don't hold much stock in dice making a big map that can feel full but also feel big in scale. Dinner in my opinion since bf4 at least had already had terrible map design.
  • SirBobdk
    4276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Pelliy wrote
    I don't hold much stock in dice making a big map that can feel full but also feel big in scale
    Bander desert, Mashtuur City, Alborz Mountains for eksampel. Huge but never emty and had good balance between infantry and vehicles.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    High TTK doesn't make the game easier. It simply changes the dynamics of the game.

    Instead of being a slow moving campfest where whoever sees who first wins before the opponent can even react, high TTK makes gunfights actually exist. Combat is no fun when you die so quickly that you can't even react. It's boring, and for those on the losing end, frustrating. I'd rather have firefights that last more than half a second where players actually have the opportunity to take cover to recuperate and come at you with a new plan of attack.

    Which is why I'm currently loving Apex. Combat is so much more dynamic.

    Having laser beam weapons with "recoil patterns" that are more of a joke than an actual thing doesn't help either.

    In BF1 it felt like I earned every kill but in BFV it feels like luck a lot of times.
Sign In or Register to comment.