class-balance DICE ?!

X_Sunslayer_X
490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
the class balance is still so screwed up for 3 months now.
assault and support are just steamrolling medic and recon in almost all scenarios they feel like their personal servants to be killed by them and carry them around healing reviving and spotting.
the weapons and gadgets are just objectively better at 9/10 scenarios.
DICE address it FFS

Comments

• bran1986
    5434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It has been screwed up since after the alpha ended. Giving medic smgs and the assault class the dmrs completely screwed up the class and weapon balance in bfv.
  • fragnstein
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    assault and support are just steamrolling medic and recon in almost all scenarios they feel like their personal servants to be killed by them and carry them around healing reviving and spotting.
    DICE address it FFS

You don't look like you are having any trouble with the medic class
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes but wouldn't you rather have some new hats instead?

And maybe pink camo with an MLG emblem.
  • Pelliy
    2053 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do better with medic than I do any class now. Even better than assault. I guess because I can self heal so I don't feel neutralized.
  • Pelliy
    2053 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    It has been screwed up since after the alpha ended. Giving medic smgs and the assault class the dmrs completely screwed up the class and weapon balance in bfv.

That and making slrs brain dead easy. As someone said before, it's basically the model 8 .35 in bf1 but instead of having five bullets, most of them have over ten and the recoil is lesser than what the model 8 in bf1 was
  • TropicPoison
    2270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is BALANCE? what is this word I do not understand it - The majority of hard thinkers at DICE probably.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    DICE address it FFS

You don't look like you are having any trouble with the medic class

sure after 8+ daysd played any class can be played to its utmost. you cant say a class is balanced because there are good players the class needs a bit more appeal in the wider game.
    i mean i get an average lobby population of 6-8 medics in 64 player games while support and assault rule with owning 75% of the average population. the idea of having medic in CQC only works if the majority of the team is there too but quite frankly they are not even close to there. and CQC should be where the assault is not the medic.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What is BALANCE? what is this word I do not understand it - The majority of hard thinkers at DICE probably.

This is the same game developer that has made so many 'balanced' things for it's players, such as:
    • BF3's M16A3/M416/AEK-971
    • BF3'S USAS-12 FRAGS (pre-nerf)
    • BC2's Carl Gustav
    • BC2's NS2000
    • BF4's UCAV
    • BF4's M416/AEK-971/ACE-23
    • BFH's K10
    • BF1's SMG08/18
    • Most vehicles in BF2

And the list goes on and on ...

DICE hasn't known how to balance things since Project Eagle.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Assault - best guns, great gadgets
    Support - great guns, decent gadgets
    Medic - decent guns, bad gadgets
    Recon - bad guns, worst gadgets

Kind of weird how well that lined up...
  • X_Sunslayer_X

i wouldn't call the recon weapons bad but the thing with sniper-rifles is no matter what they are ppl will always play sniper.
    i bet even if DICE made all sniper rifles muzzle-loaders and flint-lock ppl would still play it and the spotting flares are good but since most snipers hill-hump no one bothers 7/10 times^^
    but yeah support and assault need some serious reworking. maybe DICE should take some semi-autos away from the assault and give to medic i.E M1A1 and gewehr 1-5 and take shotguns away from support and give them to assault as not to make them **** themselves and give the MP40 and STEN as all-kit weapons.
    just an idea
  • von_Campenstein
    6513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DICE address it FFS

They got Drunkze on the team, from what I understand almost exclusively an Assault player. Maybe it's time for DICE to hire a new former or current top tier player as a consultant, someone who can and do well with all classes. I'd hire Stodeh.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

i wouldn't call the recon weapons bad but the thing with sniper-rifles is no matter what they are ppl will always play sniper.
    i bet even if DICE made all sniper rifles muzzle-loaders and flint-lock ppl would still play it and the spotting flares are good but since most snipers hill-hump no one bothers 7/10 times^^
    but yeah support and assault need some serious reworking. maybe DICE should take some semi-autos away from the assault and give to medic i.E M1A1 and gewehr 1-5 and take shotguns away from support and give them to assault as not to make them **** themselves and give the MP40 and STEN as all-kit weapons.
    just an idea

Recon guns have been nerfed to oblivion. The SLRs are just bad, they're outperformed by Assault SARs in every almost ever situation, but are slower to reload, have scope glint, and have a smaller capacity. Bolt-Action rifles have also been nerfed, in previous games they did 90 damage to the chest, now they do 60, they also lost access to 8x+ magnification scopes. And that's just the guns, but when you account for the manual healing mechanic bad guns become even worse. An SLR take be 3-4 shots to kill depending on the range, and a BA is 3 shots if the enemy manages to heal, pretty common when shooting Medics.

Their gadgets are also pretty bad, Spotting Scope is near pointless, because if you're spotting players through a scope you might as well just be aiming your gun at them and shooting them to mark them with the Sniper class specialization. Flares don't last even half as long as they used to in BF1, and now require you to fire them into the air, making them absolutely useless indoors. Don't even get me started on the Decoy. Recon's only useful gadget is the Beacon, which has been nerfed from previous games to only allow 5 spawns.
  • Trokey66
    7992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most weapons aren't inherently bad, it's just that Assualt weapons are to good.

Take them out the equation (metaphorically speaking) and balance isn't to bad.
  • X_Sunslayer_X

just an idea

Recon guns have been nerfed to oblivion. The SLRs are just bad, they're outperformed by Assault SARs in every almost ever situation, but are slower to reload, have scope glint, and have a smaller capacity. Bolt-Action rifles have also been nerfed, in previous games they did 90 damage to the chest, now they do 60, they also lost access to 8x+ magnification scopes. And that's just the guns, but when you account for the manual healing mechanic bad guns become even worse. An SLR take be 3-4 shots to kill depending on the range, and a BA is 3 shots if the enemy manages to heal, pretty common when shooting Medics.

Their gadgets are also pretty bad, Spotting Scope is near pointless, because if you're spotting players through a scope you might as well just be aiming your gun at them and shooting them to mark them with the Sniper class specialization. Flares don't last even half as long as they used to in BF1, and now require you to fire them into the air, making them absolutely useless indoors. Don't even get me started on the Decoy. Recon's only useful gadget is the Beacon, which has been nerfed from previous games to only allow 5 spawns.

not gonna argue here recon is at the bottom of the food-chain with medic. arguing which of the two classes has it worse is not helping. i have also said on other threads the bolt-actions should do more DMG on the chest. maybe start out with 76 from 0-20 and then have it slowly drop off to 60 at 60m. but hey DICE is the enemy here
  • Kunstula
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This is the massive elephant in the room and still not even a single word about proper class balance 5 months after launch, that says it all.
    Oh well, I hope the next BF will be good enough to spend money on, I'm so glad I didn't for BF5.
  • DingoKillr
    3392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Class balance sux.
    If Assault can already carry 2 round launchers and a anti-tank grenade why does it need 2 bundles of dynamite. Let only 3 max.

Recon have to restock flares after 1and can only carry 2, but I only get 1 decoy, 2 AP mines. Medic is no better. Support is only slightly better due it's grenade launcher can max to 3.

Beside the gadget imbalance we also have Assaults can pickup more ammo and has a higher regen value. The rest either need to vist frequently stations or crates. This is the rub Recon suffer more as they have glint and yet also meant to be behind so not near medic or ammo pickups. Give me a yeah for fair play.

Then on top we have weapons, I am not sorry any more BFV got so much wrong. BF1 launch weapons where better balanced, yet that had something wrong.

I really wish I could swear here.
    This has got to be the dumbest balance it is does not help the game or the players. It is nothing short of an exploit it allows it's users outshine every other class at any range with less skill. No way should anti-infantry and anti-vehicle been the same class.

No wonder so many dropped out this early in BF game. Buffing every class but Assault is going to hard, a major overhaul is needed. You could have made Recon anti-Infantry with it is current gadgets just by given it SA and short range weapons. And SLR scattered across Medic and Assault. No that would have upset the competitive player and the purest.

Can't people see the more restrictive a class the less it is used. BF1 showed that and yet 2 class had it applied to them in BFV and yet we still get people whinge about snipers.

What seems reasonable but is so wrong Piat mortar meant to hit camping tanks, hands up who used it on campeing infantry? But a mortar apparently is evil to the game.

• X_Sunslayer_X
    i notice not a single one of the famed "big game-changers" ever actually called BFV out for its bad class-balance.
    also i noticed most of them play assault and support so i am not really surprised.
    but DICE needs to start actually talking about the problems instead of proclaiming they will start talking from now and and have yet to actually say anything