Do we have cheaters?

Comments

• DCAT627
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    What is “unfair advantage”? Being tall in basketball or big and fast in football or 20/10 eyesight in baseball or smart in school? These are just advantages, unfair is subjective. But unlike the examples I just gave, everyone has control over their controller. If you can’t beat them, join them (or just stop whining).

For the record I use DS4 on a Playstation pro with a 4K TV (big advantage there) have 1.2 KDR and 52% wins and I love playing the game (>250 hrs) despite its flaws and annoyances.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    join them? did you not read the part about me being an ex pc player, and that part of the reason i left was because just pointing and clicking at every thing got old playing with a controller is more of a challenge than just point, click, headshot. and that i why most won't even try.

ps it's 20/20 vision
  • DCAT627
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    ps it's 20/20 vision

Do your research before you troll. 20/20 is average visual acuity, 20/10 is better than average, hence an advantage.

• ColesFlexili
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    I hate to burst your bubble but my ex-girlfriends little brother was cheating on his PS4. in multiple games. aimbot wallhack esp maphack everything. he was actually so proud of it that he showed it to me ( he did recieve an educational SLAP for it). he said he got it from one of his clanmates and apperantely it was a lot of work. thats all i know.
    But there is DEFENITELY a lot of cheating on all consoles
  • ElliotLH
    8646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate to burst your bubble but my ex-girlfriends little brother was cheating on his PS4. in multiple games. aimbot wallhack esp maphack everything. he was actually so proud of it that he showed it to me ( he did recieve an educational SLAP for it). he said he got it from one of his clanmates and apperantely it was a lot of work. thats all i know.

Sorry but without any evidence that is just an anecdote.
  • WetFishDB
    2078 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

In reality it’s either a straight up lie, or just not understanding what they are seeing. My guess is the former.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCAT627 wrote: »
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    ps it's 20/20 vision

Do your research before you troll. 20/20 is average visual acuity, 20/10 is better than average, hence an advantage.

troll really, i made a mistake , but between my comments and the comments you made you are the troll, so for calling me out on something that you are doing makes you a special kind of stupid.

• ColesFlexili
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

youre right of course. but PSN got hacked multiple times in the past ( admitted by sony), there is a giant cloud for stolen credit card information and peoples accounts get hacked every day. and you seriously believe players cant cheat? just use google. or course i cant link anything here and i would advise you not to visite these sites but there is tons of evidence that you can easyly cheat on all consoles.
  • WetFishDB
    2078 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13

youre right of course. but PSN got hacked multiple times in the past ( admitted by sony), there is a giant cloud for stolen credit card information and peoples accounts get hacked every day. and you seriously believe players cant cheat? just use google. or course i cant link anything here and i would advise you not to visite these sites but there is tons of evidence that you can easyly cheat on all consoles.

Comparing the two is like saying there are hacks on PC so of course there are hacks on Console. The two environments are entirely different.

The reason people hacked the BE systems of Sony etc was to make money off credit cards and by stealing usernames and passwords with the hope of making more money elsewhere. Making money is mostly the same reason people make and sell hacks. And yet there is no one selling hacks to play PS4 online. Why is that? Even if the creator of such software wasn’t after money, someone would surely have copied/reverse engineered it to make money if it’s so ‘easy’ - and yet there is nothing out there. Is that not strange?

Where is this evidence? PM me if you are worried about moderation. There is literally zero evidence anywhere for hacking current gen consoles and being able to use things like wall hacks or damage modifications online. Literally zero. Glitch and bug exploitation, sure. Using different hardware devices, absolutely. But actual hacking, zero.

@Mods, I’m not attempting to discuss hacking, more to challenge those who are, but if you think I’m violating the forum rules feel free to remove etc.
    [post edited by moderator]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • ElliotLH
    8646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Sony having the details that they kept in an unprotected notepad file stolen and people hacking the console to run mods are not the same thing at all. You are talking about things which are just not currently possible on consoles and providing zero evidence to back it up - effectively that's like saying you heard it from a man down the pub so it must be true. Also, you're honestly trusting what is being advertised on shady sites which have pretty much just been put up to steal card details from the gullible?

Moreover people do cheat on console, for example car dupes in GTA Online or utilising the wall breach on Hamada in BFV, but that is a million miles away from what you're claiming. People can cheat by utilising glitches and exploits but what they cannot do right now is run unauthorised code without their console being bricked by the manufacturer.

If you want to believe that your ex-girlfriend's little brother (who no doubt got it from 'Dave' who is really great at computers, in fact he's top of his class at school) has the ability to run mods on a closed system which aren't detected by the manufacturer then that's up to you and there's little point in me trying to persuade you otherwise. You're going to have a tough time convincing the majority to take your word for it.
  • ragnarok013
    3418 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Comparing the two is like saying there are hacks on PC so of course there are hacks on Console. The two environments are entirely different.

The reason people hacked the BE systems of Sony etc was to make money off credit cards and by stealing usernames and passwords with the hope of making more money elsewhere. Making money is mostly the same reason people make and sell hacks. And yet there is no one selling hacks to play PS4 online. Why is that? Even if the creator of such software wasn’t after money, someone would surely have copied/reverse engineered it to make money if it’s so ‘easy’ - and yet there is nothing out there. Is that not strange?

Where is this evidence? PM me if you are worried about moderation. There is literally zero evidence anywhere for hacking current gen consoles and being able to use things like wall hacks or damage modifications online. Literally zero. Glitch and bug exploitation, sure. Using different hardware devices, absolutely. But actual hacking, zero.

@Mods, I’m not attempting to discuss hacking, more to challenge those who are, but if you think I’m violating the forum rules feel free to remove etc.
    [post edited by moderator]

@WetFishDB as you requested I took a look at your post. I removed the last paragraph as it can be seen as an encouragement or inciting someone else to hack even for proof which obviously isn't allowed.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AFAIK the only real "hacking" I've known to exist on console (current Gen) was done externally to pubg, the radar hack. but that's pubg devs fault for not encrypting their data apparently. if hacking is going on its less than mouse and keyboard use(xim use if all xim users on AL for example would equal less than 1% of player base) , we'd all know. you just can't keep it a secret if used in any appreciable number. what we all do see is huge network desync and client side hit registration tht favors the high ping player
  • cdubbs45
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Of course its odvious. Hackers and cheaters all day in this game . It's almost becoming unplayable
  • LeesSummit09
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tonight, playing the TOW rush, a guy on other team went 21-0 with a M30 drilling. I was killed by him several times and it was always one shot, like a sniper rifle. This was not close range. One time he was on top of a house and I was quite a long way away. Teammates were also killed by him and stated same thing, one shot and dead. When I use the M30, from a distance, many times 2 shots only wound, only close up head shots, get the kill. Maybe it was netcode or whatever people talk about, but it was fishy.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @LeesSummit09
    The M30 drilling has 2 firing modes.

1 : Buckshot
    2. Elephant gun bullet ( like a bolt action rifle ) and it is a OHK to the head.
  • LeesSummit09
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks, answers that.
  • WetFishDB
    Tonight, playing the TOW rush, a guy on other team went 21-0 with a M30 drilling. I was killed by him several times and it was always one shot, like a sniper rifle. This was not close range. One time he was on top of a house and I was quite a long way away. Teammates were also killed by him and stated same thing, one shot and dead. When I use the M30, from a distance, many times 2 shots only wound, only close up head shots, get the kill. Maybe it was netcode or whatever people talk about, but it was fishy.

And this is the problem right here, no offence intended. I get it’s a genuine misunderstanding.

Quite a few seem to throw out accusations because they can’t explain what they saw, or witness something so far beyond their ability they can’t understand it. Rather than seek knowledge, they jump to accusations or excuses. The other person was hacking or doing something fishy, my/their ping is too high/low, they must be using a KB/M or Cronusmax etc.
  • WetFishDB
    cdubbs45 wrote: »
    Of course its odvious. Hackers and cheaters all day in this game . It's almost becoming unplayable

Show a single bit of evidence of an actual hacker in BFV on Console. There’s lots of evidence of PC of course, but show some on BFV on Console. No? So, just another throw away comment that is obviously nonsense.

Ps, I had a threesome with Natalie Portman and Charlize Theron (don’t judge my taste). I can’t prove it, but it’s obvious it happened /s
  • ElliotLH
    cdubbs45 wrote: »

Show a single bit of evidence of an actual hacker in BFV on Console. There’s lots of evidence of PC of course, but show some on BFV on Console. No? So, just another throw away comment that is obviously nonsense.

Ps, I had a threesome with Natalie Portman and Charlize Theron (don’t judge my taste). I can’t prove it, but it’s obvious it happened /s

Fine taste there IMO.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

And this is the problem right here, no offence intended. I get it’s a genuine misunderstanding.

Quite a few seem to throw out accusations because they can’t explain what they saw, or witness something so far beyond their ability they can’t understand it. Rather than seek knowledge, they jump to accusations or excuses. The other person was hacking or doing something fishy, my/their ping is too high/low, they must be using a KB/M or Cronusmax etc.

Yup, I find a lot of hackusations tend to be more from inexperienced players, Or those who have a lesser understanding of the game and the engine it is ran on.

e.g
    "I got killed by a guy prefiring, no way he could know I was there" = user was using a high end sound system ( 5.1 / 7.1 ) and were able to determine that enemy footsteps were closing in on them and so they prefired and got the jump on me

"I was shot when I hadn't given myself away" = user was spotted due to enemy scouts using the spotting scope and thus was highlighted to the entire squad.

"I got OHK'd by an M30 Drilling" = user was unaware that the Drilling has 2 firing modes, One for CQB and one for Long Range.

I really do wish people weren't so quick to jump to accusing others of cheating and instead asked on the forum ( or searched on the forum ) first before they came to the conclusion of it being a cheater, Rather than it being an intended game mechanic.