Time for a new look at TTK?

Comments

• DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    DyD6Marina wrote: »
    maggoo8 wrote: »
    I just don't understand the arguments in support of a lower TTK making the game more skilled. It appears people believe it takes more skill to shoot an enemy less. It's definitely hilarious that's for sure. The character movement is slow? I would also argue that the character movement was slower in BF1 & BF4. Some players don't want rushers to be able to run around the map and survive. Are these so called rushers not actually playing the objective and therefore doing what the game mode requires? Attacking objectives and capturing them for their team? No we certainly don't want that in BFV.

If you're not skilful enough to put one or two more bullets into your target when they are on the move, then maybe you don't deserve the kill but BFV rewards you with the kill anyway. Do we want to define skill by the way players are forced to move around wide open maps checking for enemies that you can't see proned with laser beams that have no recoil or should it be about weapon management? Unfortunately the skill requirement for using guns in this game is all but gone compared to other BF titles I have played. The gunplay in this game is about as shallow as I have ever experienced in any game I have played.

I think it's easier to get kills in BFV than it ever was in BF1 & BF4 but having said that it is a lot less satisfying and fun.

A comment like this show all the wrong ideas are in some players.

You are really confused, first on movement, in bf4 rushing was alot more quick and side step different is irrilevant.

No rushers are only play this game like cod, a Battlefield you must move slow to objective, think, check the maps, kill enemies from distance and than advance to objective, if you want a cod there is cod.

Again two bullet more is only a way to save the rushers, not need more skill, reflex and quick accuracy is a skill, not correcting aim after errors and give rushers a chance to run away.

The gunplay need skill now, more quick accuracy, more reflex, i can understand can be difficult to control it, but Battlefield can't be a cod-like game anymore and lying about it not change the situation.

It's incredible how casuals game like cod, casuals battlefield and fortnite ruined this community.
    What is quick accuracy? Player skill or weapons stat.

BA are the only weapon in BFV that requires player accuracy, while SAR and AR it is the weapons that provide the accuracy. The other weapon classes are inbetween.

Reflex is a cheap skill, when ttk is fast. Reflex is more important when it is a slower ttk as you might need to adjust your aim.

Calling other liars while sprouting on about a extra 2BTK, I have not seen 1 person in this thread ask for that.

Player skill, if the ttk is low, you must be accuracy in little time, instead if ttk is high you have more time to aim.

Every weapons need accuracy, thanks to low ttk if you miss even only a bullet you are in big disvantage, if you hit an headshot(more accuracy) you are in big advantage.

No, you are confusing reflex wit tracking, tracking is a "skill" of high ttk, but Reflex is alot more important, specially if combined with a quick accuracy.

I want to ask you a question you think there are more skill in quick aiming for the head because you 300-400ms to do it, or more skill in aiming to an head with 450/550 ms or more to survive?

I think you not understand, a guy said that "f you're not skilful enough to put one or two more bullets" not 2 bullet to kill(btk), basically a +1/+2 bullet to actual TTK and i said this isn't more skill, because only give rusher more time to hide and players more time to correct their aim.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just don't understand the arguments in support of a lower TTK making the game more skilled. It appears people believe it takes more skill to shoot an enemy less. It's definitely hilarious that's for sure. The character movement is slow? I would also argue that the character movement was slower in BF1 & BF4. Some players don't want rushers to be able to run around the map and survive. Are these so called rushers not actually playing the objective and therefore doing what the game mode requires? Attacking objectives and capturing them for their team? No we certainly don't want that in BFV.

If you're not skilful enough to put one or two more bullets into your target when they are on the move, then maybe you don't deserve the kill but BFV rewards you with the kill anyway. Do we want to define skill by the way players are forced to move around wide open maps checking for enemies that you can't see proned with laser beams that have no recoil or should it be about weapon management? Unfortunately the skill requirement for using guns in this game is all but gone compared to other BF titles I have played. The gunplay in this game is about as shallow as I have ever experienced in any game I have played.

I think it's easier to get kills in BFV than it ever was in BF1 & BF4 but having said that it is a lot less satisfying and fun.

You are really confused, first on movement, in bf4 rushing was alot more quick and side step different is irrilevant.

No rushers are only play this game like cod, a Battlefield you must move slow to objective, think, check the maps, kill enemies from distance and than advance to objective, if you want a cod there is cod.

Again two bullet more is only a way to save the rushers, not need more skill, reflex and quick accuracy is a skill, not correcting aim after errors and give rushers a chance to run away.

The gunplay need skill now, more quick accuracy, more reflex, i can understand can be difficult to control it, but Battlefield can't be a cod-like game anymore and lying about it not change the situation.

It's incredible how casuals game like cod, casuals battlefield and fortnite ruined this community.

BA are the only weapon in BFV that requires player accuracy, while SAR and AR it is the weapons that provide the accuracy. The other weapon classes are inbetween.

Reflex is a cheap skill, when ttk is fast. Reflex is more important when it is a slower ttk as you might need to adjust your aim.

Calling other liars while sprouting on about a extra 2BTK, I have not seen 1 person in this thread ask for that.

Yes player skill, if there are low ttk, you need to quickly aim and be accurated together to kill the enemy.

All weapons need to be accurated, with low ttk even a bullet miss make you in big disvantage, instead a good quick reflex and good accuracy and get a headshot you are in big advantage.

No you are talking of tracking(stay with crosshair on target) a skill of high ttk, but i think is more complete and need more skill to have quick reflex and quick accuracy together, and this is what Battlefield V need.

I want to ask you a question:

You think need more skill, aim and shoot for the head of an enemy in 300-400ms or aim and shoot for the head of an enemy in 400-600ms?

No the guy said "f you're not skilful enough to put one or two more bullets", he was talking of the actual ttk +1/+2 bullet to kill(btk) not of a base 2btk, and i said there isn't more skill in this because only give more time to aim and more time to rushing.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    TTK is good in this game at the moment. I'm still playing after 250+ hours whereas I gave up on BF1 after 150 due to the awful TTK
  • NLBartmaN
    3054 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lying noobs really like this ttk, 3x scopes and laser accuracy.

Enemies can't shoot back when you see them first and the noobs can camp like crazy, what else do noobs want... ?
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 13
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @DyD6Marina wrote
    Bf1942/bf2/bfv/bf2142 and battlefield V are the least casuals, all the others are more casual
    Ok, now I get it and I agree :smile: I would also place BFV in that group of games, but not in map design and quality.
    And yes BF became much more casual with BF3.

Map design is in general better because they are finally more open and more similar to the original Battlefield.
    Yes, but don't you miss the huge maps and vehicle play we have seen in the BF games you mention.
    Now we get small/medium size maps like Arras, devestation, Fjeld, Rotterdam, Narvik and Aerodome.
    It feels like a infantry game that happens to have a few vehicles that really dont have any real impact on the game.
    Panzerstorm and Hamada may be the only maps that feels like BF maps.

Apologies for taking this topic offroad for a bit but maps could be both if DICE applied themselves and wanted his, if they can give up on authenticity in other aspects they can give up on an exact representation of the battlefield in other places and make basically half the map open and suitable for vehicle gameplay and the other cluttered with obstacles more favoring infantry.

I'm not talking about the enclaves of houses and patches of hidingplaces out in the otherways open but an interconnected part of the map where an infantry focused player could spend his whole game while playing the objective on a vehicle heavy map without being mere fodder. The town on Sinai in BF1 comes to mind.
  • DyD6Marina
    edited March 13
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Enemies can't shoot back when you see them first and the noobs can camp like crazy, what else do noobs want... ?

"Only rushers and casuals not like this ttk and have problem with 3x scopes and in controlling the weapons"

Rushers can't shoot back when they not see anything and serious player defend objective and attack using brain"

Fixed for you.

Not understand why people troll in this way, they only expose themself.
  • DyD6Marina
    edited March 13
    @DyD6Marina wrote
    Bf1942/bf2/bfv/bf2142 and battlefield V are the least casuals, all the others are more casual
    Ok, now I get it and I agree :smile: I would also place BFV in that group of games, but not in map design and quality.
    And yes BF became much more casual with BF3.

Map design is in general better because they are finally more open and more similar to the original Battlefield.
    Yes, but don't you miss the huge maps and vehicle play we have seen in the BF games you mention.
    Now we get small/medium size maps like Arras, devestation, Fjeld, Rotterdam, Narvik and Aerodome.
    It feels like a infantry game that happens to have a few vehicles that really dont have any real impact on the game.
    Panzerstorm and Hamada may be the only maps that feels like BF maps.

Sure i miss them, but i think the max for the modern players is this type of maps.

Battlefield V are doing alot better work compared to the coddish maps of bf3-bf1, i think we can only hope they stay on the design level of Battlefield V and don't go low again.

Is a miracle they finally fixed the gunplay and gameplay after years of casuals battlefield, a little improvement for maps is enough after all this good changes.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That’s constructive
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That’s constructive
    Almost as constructive as all the 'casuals can go to hell' comments.
  • DingoKillr
    3474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yes player skill, if there are low ttk, you need to quickly aim and be accurated together to kill the enemy.

All weapons need to be accurated, with low ttk even a bullet miss make you in big disvantage, instead a good quick reflex and good accuracy and get a headshot you are in big advantage.

No you are talking of tracking(stay with crosshair on target) a skill of high ttk, but i think is more complete and need more skill to have quick reflex and quick accuracy together, and this is what Battlefield V need.

You think need more skill, aim and shoot for the head of an enemy in 300-400ms or aim and shoot for the head of an enemy in 400-600ms?

No the guy said "f you're not skilful enough to put one or two more bullets", he was talking of the actual ttk +1/+2 bullet to kill(btk) not of a base 2btk, and i said there isn't more skill in this because only give more time to aim and more time to rushing.
    Loaded question without details.
    Same BTK? Spread or recoil evolved? Distance? Velocity/drag?

With none of that and TTK difference I will assume only a lower ROF. That means YES a slower TTK will take more skill as the target has time to react and move so you need to add tracking. Reflex skill is going to be the same. You see respond shot hit, only difference is the length of time your finger is on the button.
  • DyD6Marina

With none of that and TTK difference I will assume only a lower ROF. That means YES a slower TTK will take more skill as the target has time to react and move so you need to add tracking. Reflex skill is going to be the same. You see respond shot hit, only difference is the length of time your finger is on the button.

Ok thanks now i know i can't take you seriously.
  • DyD6Marina
    edited March 13

Ok thanks with this answer i know i can't take you seriously.

Really have more time to react is what make higher ttk less need skill, considered you have more time to correct your aim.

Isn't a case that bad company 2 was the more easier of all casual battlefield in gunplay, have the higher ttk of the series.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That’s constructive

Two wrongs don’t make a right.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13

Really have more time to react is what make higher ttk less need skill, considered you have more time to correct your aim.

Why would that require less skill?

Skill can be divided up in multiple categories:
    • Tactical play on a large scale: can you predict the battlefield and go with the flow of the match properly?
    • Tactical play on a micro scale during fights
    • Flick aiming
    • Tracking aiming (more about sustained damage throughput, often more important with gun control)

Ideally TTK should be mildly increased on average through gun handling imo and not bullet damage reduction. This way people with better weapon control will be able to reach almost the same TTK, whereas on average it will slightly decrease. This is what's called "raising the skill ceiling".

It's up to the developer to decide what they want to do, but often, putting to many eggs in 1 of the "skill-tree" baskets leads to negating the other ones. Either they need to be honest about what they want their game to be or balance it properly.
  • DyD6Marina
    edited March 13

That’s constructive

Why not? ;)

Now seriously, go to hell is a bit too much, but people want a pure casual game can go on other games.

Battlefield was always a middle way between casual and a game need skill, at least before bf1943-bf1.

Battlefield V is only redo this middle way.
  • SirBobdk
    3933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That’s constructive
    But the game play feels like all the good players have "gone to hell" and all the casuals are staying.
    Something don't add up.
  • NLBartmaN

"Only rushers and casuals not like this ttk and have problem with 3x scopes and in controlling the weapons"

Rushers can't shoot back when they not see anything and serious player defend objective and attack using brain"

Fixed for you.

Can't understand why trolls can't see the game is doing very poor (not even top40 in sales) and every game is a big boring campfest.

The only reason I can think of, is because the troll is a big (spawn)camper himself and does not like people shooting back.

Fixed for you.
  • DingoKillr
    3474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Really have more time to react is what make higher ttk less need skill...
    You whinge about causal without any idea what the term means.
    You whined about cod and run n gun, yet only talk about running around using your reflex finger to kill. Funny that sounds like your description of causal.

At 10m or 300m if your TARGET can react YOU have to adjust that means extra skill.

So based on what you said I have no more time for a casual BF player that is only interested in trolling.

• DyD6Marina

Fixed for you.

Can't understand why trolls can't see the game is doing very poor (not even top40 in sales) and every game is a big boring campfest.

The only reason I can think of, is because the troll is a big (spawn)camper himself and does not like people shooting back.

Fixed for you.

Really have more time to react is what make higher ttk less need skill...
    You whinge about causal without any idea what the term means.
    You whined about cod and run n gun, yet only talk about running around using your reflex finger to kill. Funny that sounds like your description of causal.

At 10m or 300m if your TARGET can react YOU have to adjust that means extra skill.

So based on what you said I have no more time for a casual BF player that is only interested in trolling.

And "players" like this two, are the classic example of casuals want easier game and lying about Battlefield V gameplay.
  • NLBartmaN

And "players" like this two, are the classic example of casuals want easier game and lying about Battlefield V gameplay.

And trolls/fanboys like this guy are the reason the game is not even in the top40 in sales and we have a boring unbalanced (spawn)campfest with poor content and that takes no skill.