Weekly BF

AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

FartInDesign
115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Devastation and Fjell are just mine fields nowadays. AP mines were extremely strong before, there was absolutely no reason to raise the damage. I never saw someone asking for it, not here, not on the subreddit, so why the goddamn buff. 1000 things that need to be adressed, this however, was absolutely fine. Nowadays we have 4-6 ap mines around every ammo supply station, because 3 out of 4 classes have access to it, and everyone gets 2 (!). They are extremely small and only visible because of their glowing. But people figured out quickly, that you can simply place them on the supply crate, and since the supply crate is glowing aswell , it's like looking at a where is waldo picture. There needs to be something done, I'd favor the way ap mines worked in bf4. With visible tripwires, still very deadly, but only if you were dumb enough, to run through them. Right now they are just proximity based killing machines, and frankly cheap kills, nothing more.

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gamechangers and big streamers agree with you (so am I) and a Dev has already made a tweet there will be changes with the AP mines.
  • NLBartmaN
    edited March 13
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I just found out that once you die your AP MIne is still active lol never used them that's why I'm so late to the party. That's so dumb they should go away once you die. Also how many can you place at one time??
  • SithMetal71
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Xephic_Za wrote: »
    I wonder they would have said during WW2, asking for less mines along the way.
    It's a war game and they should stay as is.

L2P issue

exactly !

why do these noob's winge about small issues like AP mines, part of war get used to it.
  • DaMutha1
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I just found out that once you die your AP MIne is still active lol never used them that's why I'm so late to the party. That's so dumb they should go away once you die. Also how many can you place at one time??

I believe you can have 3 out at a time. Lay 1, go to ammo station, get 2 more
  • WetFishDB
    2019 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

The no OHK thing is good in principle, but if people stack 2 together, as they do now, I suspect they’ll still be an insta-death. What I’d want is the same mechanism they did to Anti-Tank mines in BF1, where they can’t be placed close together.

What slightly worries me about the tweet is the implication that the damage curve is flat. That could mean the curve is more linear. If it’s still a decreasing function - in that the further you are from the center of the explosion the less damage is dealt, then that’s fine, makes sense, and should result in less collateral kills.

But if it’s actually ‘flat’ - in that the damage dealt is the same regardless of whether you are right in the centre or right at the edge of the blast radius, then that’s really not so good. It basically means you’ll get the same damage if you are the guy standing on it, or the guy right on the very edge of the blast radius wondering why that guy is running straight towards that... boom... dead. It also means more damage when shooting them in tight spaces (as you have less flexibility on the distance from the blast).
  • SpinachVsKale
    You can have 3 laying out on the ground OMG.....what were they thinking :(. Get a full squad and have them run AP mines. You will have 12 AP MINES on one flag and just keep resupplying after you get a kill.
  • NLBartmaN
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

The no OHK thing is good in principle, but if people stack 2 together, as they do now, I suspect they’ll still be an insta-death. What I’d want is the same mechanism they did to Anti-Tank mines in BF1, where they can’t be placed close together.

What slightly worries me about the tweet is the implication that the damage curve is flat. That could mean the curve is more linear. If it’s still a decreasing function - in that the further you are from the center of the explosion the less damage is dealt, then that’s fine, makes sense, and should result in less collateral kills.

But if it’s actually ‘flat’ - in that the damage dealt is the same regardless of whether you are right in the centre or right at the edge of the blast radius, then that’s really not so good. It basically means you’ll get the same damage if you are the guy standing on it, or the guy right on the very edge of the blast radius wondering why that guy is running straight towards that... boom... dead. It also means more damage when shooting them in tight spaces (as you have less flexibility on the distance from the blast).

As I said: a good start ... but it is not enough.

Stacking or placing them at resupply stations/spawnspots need to go.
    And I would like to see them as sniper only gadget.
  • Hawxxeye
    5917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do obscure gadgets get such a nerf bandwagon?
  • SpinachVsKale
    Yea perhaps but the flag zones are so huge you would just space them out strategically with 12 AP mines
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    You can have 3 laying out on the ground OMG.....what were they thinking :(. Get a full squad and have them run AP mines. You will have 12 AP MINES on one flag and just keep resupplying after you get a kill.

It’s probably funny until an enemy tank shoots a shell into the middle of them and they all go off killing your entire squad and any other friendlies nearby.

The number of times I've seen people mining a position we were actively holding in BF1 and the added explosive power it created, that's how those 11+ multikills happen with a frag grenade.
  • FartInDesign
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xephic_Za wrote: »
    I wonder they would have said during WW2, asking for less mines along the way.
    It's a war game and they should stay as is.

L2P issue

exactly !

why do these noob's winge about small issues like AP mines, part of war get used to it.

With this mindset, we can close all the discussions and feedback on this forum, answering literally every balance related issue with:
    MUH part of war, get used to it!!!

Don't you see how bad this argument is?
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only used them for the assignments/challenges but I seldom die by these things anyway. I shoot a fair amount of them, though. When I first unlocked them long ago I tried them once and found them useless, but the buff seamed to make them a little more worth equipping when I did the recent assignments. Not saying they don't need to be tweaked but I'm surprised how angry people are over them, I don't think they are much trouble.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That isn't dumb. That's the way it should be.

You start with 1 mine, but can get another 2 from a supply station, carrying 3 max at any time. If you have 3 placed, and restock from a supply station and place a 4th mine, the 1st one of the existing 3 will vanish.
  • zenn_nme
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    No nerf needed imho, they're doing the job they're engineered to do; exploding a lethal spray of shrapnel in all directions.
    Only the mine spam at supplystations is excessive, this should be taken care off by not being able to place them within a certain distance.
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So AP is going to stand for “anti purpose” instead of “anti personnel” because the OHK with one didn’t happen very often as it was, at least not in my experience.
This discussion has been closed.