Time for a new look at TTK?

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And you just got btfo in this thread for the second time, shuffle on.

Until your amnesia kicks back in and you come back tomorrow that is.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I see only alot of confusion in this thread.

Many not known how this game and previous work, and complaing on nothing.

Like i said again, i'm not surprised Dice stopped trying on explain thing here.
  • trip1ex
    4686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DyD6Marina wrote: »
    Random in this case is when the bullet or weapon go to a casual direction even with the intervention of the players every time.

An example, in bf1942(yes the first battlefield)-bf1, you can't really totally control the recoil, because the movement of weapon change everytime you shot.

You can't totally control the spread because the pattern the bullet go are always different.

To the spread you must add random deviation a casual offset to the bullet.

You can control the size of "cone" where the bullet goes, with tapping fire or burst control, but there is always something based on random/luck.

This make the gunplay more random, casual, the player never totally control the weapons and part of gunplay is always luck based.

Well that was a good IQ test. Spread is the same in all games, you start with a cone of fire that increases when firing. In games since BC2 you recover from spread and recoil while shooting as well.

The only difference was in BF1 you would actually notice some shot bloom at extremely long distances. Because of spread.

BF V has spread, but even a widened cone of fire in this game is more accurate than previous games, which is why you can challenge snipers with a scoped assault rifle and win more often than not.

I get it, having a mechanic designed to make for actual gunplay and class balance is wrong but its not random.

Also anyone agrees that this current system requires less skill because it literally does by all empirical qualifiers. It makes the gameplay casual, to borrow your favorite term. Far more casual than needing to deal with effective distance and playing to the strengths of each guntype instead of just grabbing one of the god guns and spraying people down at 150m and dumping SMG users up closr too.

Spread is alot more different in Battlefield V, is united to recoil, you counter the spread moving your mouse/stick, not with burst control.

Is more accurated because isn't random, player have control on it, is skill based.

Ok seems you can't accept, you prefer bullet go casually luck based, instead something the player can control and skill based.

Casuals never understand how this system work specially if they playing on consoles, they refused a more skilled need game like CS:GO, normal they have problem with a more skill need game like Battlefield V.

You can't accept that the RBD in BF1 did not make the good players bad. That it did not mean you didn't have to control your weapon. That it didn't even affect bolt actions either unless suppressed. That the really god like players could still quick scope 1 OHK headshot enemies in BF1. The best players still rose to the top in BF1. OK you can't accept this because you prefer campy gameplay where you hide in a bush or sit behind your army and snipe with your 3x scope and back up into your base instead of going for objectives or rotate around the map and just farming the easy kills while not getting your team anywhere. We get it. You like camping.
  • MarxistDictator
    4872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The only one confused is you, seriously you think higher TTK affects skill level as if the entire framework of a game was not completely independent of player ability in said game.

You fail at thinking so you are the only confused one here.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The only one confused is you, seriously you think higher TTK affects skill level as if the entire framework of a game was not completely independent of player ability in said game.

If you want to think this ok, but Dice and most of the players outside of the forum know how the game and gunplay work.
  • MarxistDictator
    Except you, you have no idea how to do anything but spam at max RPM since anything else would be random. Lol
  • DyD6Marina
    edited March 13
    trip1ex wrote: »
    The guy just can't accept that you had control your weapon in BF1 and that BF1 didn't make good players bad and that the best players still rose to the top. He can't accept it because he likes his campy gameplay. He likes to either hide in a bush or just rotate around the map maintaining a safe distance behind his army just playing tdm.

And you proof you are a troll or you not known the random deviation and how was bad balanced on Bf1, without talking of the totally absence of recoil, a game based on spread and random deviation, basically a cod.

Seems more you have hard time on Battlefield V and want a more casuals coddish game like bf1, not a case bf1 is considered the more easy and random game of the series.

Maybe if you play the game really, you will understand how work.

Even on a little forum like this, on around 150 players only very few have problem on ttk, this is a good indicator.

Bye to continue to stay in your illusory world, i come back to reality.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13

If you want to think this ok, but Dice and most of the players outside of the forum know how the game and gunplay work.

Outside of this forum lol this all over the place my guy and people who praise it are the minority.
  • trip1ex
    4686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    The guy just can't accept that you had control your weapon in BF1 and that BF1 didn't make good players bad and that the best players still rose to the top. He can't accept it because he likes his campy gameplay. He likes to either hide in a bush or just rotate around the map maintaining a safe distance behind his army just playing tdm.

And you proof you are a troll or you not known the random deviation and how was bad balanced on Bf1, without talking of the totally absence of recoil, a game based on spread and random deviation, basically a cod.

Seems more you have hard time on Battlefield V and want a more casuals coddish game like bf1, not a case bf1 is considered the more easy and random game of the series.

Maybe if you play the game really, you will understand how work.

No you just like a campy game. That's all you're saying. We get it.
  • MarxistDictator
    Its a defensive game ok! Obviously removing player agency or actual strategy from movement (lower TTK) and zero game nuance (BF V shooting mechanics) are what people want. Hence there being more people playing BF4 still (we all know this is the case from server count, they just won't make it public because it would mean admitting the game is a failure).

lolol
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

You talking of only the sales of a failed console.

Instead in the real world Battlefield V sales are over 7 milion 1-2 months ago.

Continue to stay in your fantasy world, you and other guy proof enough you are only troll.

7 compared to 20 !!! for BF1 ...

Stay in your (more and more empty) fanatasy world that people like this hardcore TTK and keep enjoying the (spawn)camp matches.

I want Hardcore Servers!
  • The_Fog_Mann
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK is good and other people need to shut up.
    if you are on sight of someone and this hit you many time and you cry because you need time to react is all your fault. just learn to play fast and stop cry, you just are a noob.
  • NLBartmaN
    3165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »

I want Hardcore Servers!

You can have them if it was up to me.

And then the rest of the servers NOT hardcore ... with BF1 TTK, but without RBD and without 3x scopes ... so the camping and instant deaths stop.
  • MarxistDictator
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »

I want Hardcore Servers!

You can have them if it was up to me.

And then the rest of the servers NOT hardcore ... with BF1 TTK, but without RBD and without 3x scopes ... so the camping and instant deaths stop.

Just removing suppression takes the only random deviation out

It also takes away a use for suppression but whatever
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lying noobs really like this ttk, 3x scopes and laser accuracy.

Enemies can't shoot back when you see them first and the noobs can camp like crazy, what else do noobs want... ?
    That’s constructive
    Almost as constructive as all the 'casuals can go to hell' comments.

We're all casuals here
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They might as well take another look at it. They didn't really fix it the first time. The net code was really good in BF1. Why did Dice have to go and break it in BFV? EA should really close the Dice studio.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lying noobs really like this ttk, 3x scopes and laser accuracy.

Enemies can't shoot back when you see them first and the noobs can camp like crazy, what else do noobs want... ?
    That’s constructive
    Almost as constructive as all the 'casuals can go to hell' comments.
    Two wrongs don’t make a right.
    But a counterpoint does even things out.

No. It just makes the "other" side sound as equally smug as the other.
  • Pelliy
    It's funny on the entire forum there are maybe 10 players want higher ttk.

You are overstimasting your importance for Dice/EA and lying will not change this.

But probably this is the problem.

Tell that to the sales persons at EA :D

Not in top 40 with sales and servers getting more empty every day, so no players to sell customizations to.

But not being in the top 40 of sales offcourse is a lie too :D

No problem with you liking hardcore and thinking it takes more skill, but in the end it is about sales and a big population and both are not there.

You talking of only the sales of a failed console.

Instead in the real world Battlefield V sales are over 7 milion 1-2 months ago.

Continue to stay in your fantasy world, you and other guy proof enough you are only troll.

And talking of hardcore you even show, you not know what is a Battlefield, but is normal for people never played it.

7 million means nothing if you're not retaining players. Look at no man sky. Sold millions but in a month the game had died.