Something Feels Strange Here [Video]

GeneralXIV
201 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just a little background to this... Im trying to complete one of the ToW assignments that says I have to destroy 3 vehicles in 1 round. Because getting 20 kills in the objective area in one life is impossible. :/

I decided Panzerstorm would maybe be the best for this, because it feels to have lots of tanks and planes so lots of opportunities to destroy things.

When I joined a game, there were no tanks available (I was hoping to get an AA tank to destroy some planes), but there was a plane so I decided to jump in that instead. Im not the best pilot in Battlefield V (Im slightly better in Battlefront II tbh) but I destroyed one plane of what looked to be the same type without any problems, but then this happened:

Something definitely feels unusual with this. I feel like I should have destroyed the plane multiple times, but it barely even started to smoke. Just ignore the ending, I said I wasn't the best pilot :P

Comments

• IDirtY_SeCreT
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    The Stuka can tank massive damage and the standard repair is bugged, since it reapairs 30 % and still fixes all disables. So he's just quick reapairing all the damage you do ;)
  • ElliotLH
    6775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably totally wrong but my guess would be that they have the armoured fuselage and were repairing while flying. You did seem to get them down to about 50% health towards the end so you'd have probably worn them down eventually :)

--

If you've not completed the assignment yet then you might find doing it slightly easier in Breakthrough. If you're the German on Panzerstorm you can use a bomber to kill tanks after the first sector is taken (if Allies you get planes after the second sector is lost), Hamada you can kill AA quite easily and if you get lucky and spawn as the Allies on Narvik you won't have any opposition in the air until the final sector (planes spawn after about 3 minutes in sector one, and again in sector three) so can bomb AA and gun emplacements. That's how I completed it anyway - by killing stationary weapons with the JU-88.
  • Noodlesocks
    2354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every time he flies through the resupply, his insta repair ability is resupplied.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To do the assignment play grand ops. Defend on Airborne and take out the transport planes, they may be CPU controlled but they count.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Stuka can take quite a bit of damage, he used his quick repair and resupplied a few times, and you missed a lot.

Try to improve accuracy, don't fly so close behind other planes(it makes it harder to hit them because you have less time to adjust to them climbing, diving, turning etc.) and realize their tactics and learn to counter them(like the resupplies).
  • ElliotLH
    6775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To do the assignment play grand ops. Defend on Airborne and take out the transport planes, they may be CPU controlled but they count.

Good tip.

I wonder if you could do it in Combined Arms too?
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Good tip.

I wonder if you could do it in Combined Arms too?

I am sure you could, if there is a mission with 3 vehicles in it.
  • GeneralXIV
    edited March 13
    Probably totally wrong but my guess would be that they have the armoured fuselage and were repairing while flying. You did seem to get them down to about 50% health towards the end so you'd have probably worn them down eventually :)

--

If you've not completed the assignment yet then you might find doing it slightly easier in Breakthrough. If you're the German on Panzerstorm you can use a bomber to kill tanks after the first sector is taken (if Allies you get planes after the second sector is lost), Hamada you can kill AA quite easily and if you get lucky and spawn as the Allies on Narvik you won't have any opposition in the air until the final sector (planes spawn after about 3 minutes in sector one, and again in sector three) so can bomb AA and gun emplacements. That's how I completed it anyway - by killing stationary weapons with the JU-88.

I think after shooting near-continuously for above 3 minutes at the same plane, 'indestructible' is a good way to describe it. Im not sure I could have worn it down at all. It shouldn't take this long to kill a plane, no matter what they are doing to try and stop me.

Thank you for the advice :) And thank you @A_al_K_pacino_A. But Ill be honest here... I really really appreciate you guys trying to help me, but I find most advice that tells me to play a specific game mode/side, no matter what the situation, kinda... useless? That isnt any criticizm of you guys, just the game. I cant choose what side I play as, and I dont have time to do endless server jumping trying to find the one specific scenario where I can actually complete an assignment. The moment I go searching, I get placed into lobbies on the wrong side constantly. It just isnt worth it. Given how AA guns are useless, stationary AA are always too far away, bombers seem to be impossible to kill and Im pretty meh in a tank, I think it might be a good idea to move on and just consider the ToW assignment impossible. Ive been trying for a long time now. The closest Ive come to getting the 3 vehicle kills in 1 round is shooting down 2 planes, but then the game ended because the third plane I was shooting at did exactly the same thing the guy in the video did. I can't complete the assignment in the conditions the game gives me tbh. Im not sure if its me or the game, but I kinda think it might be both. That said, Ill definitely try Grand Operations :)

The Stuka can take quite a bit of damage, he used his quick repair and resupplied a few times, and you missed a lot.

Try to improve accuracy, don't fly so close behind other planes(it makes it harder to hit them because you have less time to adjust to them climbing, diving, turning etc.) and realize their tactics and learn to counter them(like the resupplies).

Tbh, I find flying in Battlefield V really awkward... It just feels unnatural somehow, like the plane keeps trying to fly in another direction compared to where Im trying to fly. It feels like I have limited opportunities to shoot at other planes, and even then I feel to deal like no damage. Could you tell me how you would counter what the video shows? Would I idk guard the resupply points somehow?
  • Jamesonoid
    GeneralXIV wrote: »

Tbh, I find flying in Battlefield V really awkward... It just feels unnatural somehow, like the plane keeps trying to fly in another direction compared to where Im trying to fly. It feels like I have limited opportunities to shoot at other planes, and even then I feel to deal like no damage. Could you tell me how you would counter what the video shows? Would I idk guard the resupply points somehow?

It takes some getting used to, did you fly in any of the other Battlefield games?

Best thing I can recommend is really work on your aim, if you deal more consistent damage they won't have as much time to get to the resupply station and will be more focused on evading rather than supplying. Aim is dependent on how well you can fly, so if it feels awkward to you you need to fix that first.

If they are doing the resupply loop, you can break off and wait until they start attacking ground targets again(only really works if they aren't a fighter) then go after them again.

I'd offer to fly with you but it seems you're on PS, I'm Xbox.
  • ElliotLH

--

I think after shooting near-continuously for above 3 minutes at the same plane, 'indestructible' is a good way to describe it. Im not sure I could have worn it down at all. It shouldn't take this long to kill a plane, no matter what they are doing to try and stop me.

Thank you for the advice :) And thank you @A_al_K_pacino_A. But Ill be honest here... I really really appreciate you guys trying to help me, but I find most advice that tells me to play a specific game mode/side, no matter what the situation, kinda... useless? That isnt any criticizm of you guys, just the game. I cant choose what side I play as, and I dont have time to do endless server jumping trying to find the one specific scenario where I can actually complete an assignment. The moment I go searching, I get placed into lobbies on the wrong side constantly. It just isnt worth it. Given how AA guns are useless, stationary AA are always too far away, bombers seem to be impossible to kill and Im pretty meh in a tank, I think it might be a good idea to move on and just consider the ToW assignment impossible. Ive been trying for a long time now. The closest Ive come to getting the 3 vehicle kills in 1 round is shooting down 2 planes, but then the game ended because the third plane I was shooting at did exactly the same thing the guy in the video did. I can't complete the assignment in the conditions the game gives me tbh. Im not sure if its me or the game, but I kinda think it might be both. That said, Ill definitely try Grand Operations :)

I do find air balance is a bit of a mess to be honest and I struggle to take Stukas down too, so you're not alone really. I do still think trying a bomber is worth a shot as they tank AA and you're a nice target. Either that or go hunt the new Mosquito as they go down pretty quickly (got 4 using a fighter in one round earlier). On the other hand an assignment might not be worth the frustration.

Out of interest what platform do you play on?
  • GeneralXIV

It takes some getting used to, did you fly in any of the other Battlefield games?

Best thing I can recommend is really work on your aim, if you deal more consistent damage they won't have as much time to get to the resupply station and will be more focused on evading rather than supplying. Aim is dependent on how well you can fly, so if it feels awkward to you you need to fix that first.

If they are doing the resupply loop, you can break off and wait until they start attacking ground targets again(only really works if they aren't a fighter) then go after them again.

I haven't played any other Battlefield games except for Battlefield V :) Im a newbie! The older games just didn't look too good to me. It was the character customization and things that drew me to BFV. Im usually more of an RPG player like Dragon Age :P

Ive flown in other games though. I loved flying in Battlefront II, and I think I was relatively good. I once got a 41 killstreak or something like that in a standard fighter in the Space Assault. Ive also flown planes in other games and tbh overall Im more of a flyer/driver than a shooter I think. But usually I can fly better than anything else, even when shooting is involved in said flying.

I actually did break off until they attacked ground targets earlier. It didnt change anything. I cant kill them before they reach the resupply point and it's just back to an endless loop. I should probably work on my aim :P I dont think its too bad though. I get hits on enemies a lot.

--

I do find air balance is a bit of a mess to be honest and I struggle to take Stukas down too, so you're not alone really. I do still think trying a bomber is worth a shot as they tank AA and you're a nice target. Either that or go hunt the new Mosquito as they go down pretty quickly (got 4 using a fighter in one round earlier). On the other hand an assignment might not be worth the frustration.

Whenever Ive tried to play bombers before, it doesnt seem to work out. One thing Ive noticed in my overall playstyle in almost every game is that I cant play things that are slow and tough. I cant tank. As a bomber, I cant really see any vehicles to destroy (or enemies for that matter). I just fly in loops resupplying bombs but never really kill anything. Meanwhile there are inevitably fighters and AA guns trying to kill me and no one spawns in my plane to help out. It never ends well :P

I play on the PS4 :)
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn beacons count as vehicles as well
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just a little background to this... Im trying to complete one of the ToW assignments that says I have to destroy 3 vehicles in 1 round. Because getting 20 kills in the objective area in one life is impossible. :/

I decided Panzerstorm would maybe be the best for this, because it feels to have lots of tanks and planes so lots of opportunities to destroy things.

When I joined a game, there were no tanks available (I was hoping to get an AA tank to destroy some planes), but there was a plane so I decided to jump in that instead. Im not the best pilot in Battlefield V (Im slightly better in Battlefront II tbh) but I destroyed one plane of what looked to be the same type without any problems, but then this happened:

Something definitely feels unusual with this. I feel like I should have destroyed the plane multiple times, but it barely even started to smoke. Just ignore the ending, I said I wasn't the best pilot :P

The reason is very easy. You did less dmg then stuka's pilot repaired with fast repair ability. Reasons:
    1. Your accuracy is total crap to be honest. Learn to shoot abit before enemy plane, but not in its tail.
    2. Spit MK B is a complete crap compare to MK A because for some reason hyspano 20 mm guns do ALOT less dmg then lmgs.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »

The reason is very easy. You did less dmg then stuka's pilot repaired with fast repair ability. Reasons:
    1. Your accuracy is total crap to be honest. Learn to shoot abit before enemy plane, but not in its tail.
    2. Spit MK B is a complete crap compare to MK A because for some reason hyspano 20 mm guns do ALOT less dmg then lmgs.

he literally said he wasnt the best pilot and was doing so because of assignment. and he's still better than most randoms i encounter
  • Jamesonoid
    Either that or go hunt the new Mosquito as they go down pretty quickly (got 4 using a fighter in one round earlier).

The new Mosquito goes down real nice, especially when people just started getting them, I downed 23 in one match on Fjell. It was awesome.

I haven't played any other Battlefield games except for Battlefield V :) Im a newbie! The older games just didn't look too good to me. It was the character customization and things that drew me to BFV. Im usually more of an RPG player like Dragon Age :P

Ive flown in other games though. I loved flying in Battlefront II, and I think I was relatively good. I once got a 41 killstreak or something like that in a standard fighter in the Space Assault. Ive also flown planes in other games and tbh overall Im more of a flyer/driver than a shooter I think. But usually I can fly better than anything else, even when shooting is involved in said flying.

I actually did break off until they attacked ground targets earlier. It didnt change anything. I cant kill them before they reach the resupply point and it's just back to an endless loop. I should probably work on my aim :P I dont think its too bad though. I get hits on enemies a lot.

--

Whenever Ive tried to play bombers before, it doesnt seem to work out. One thing Ive noticed in my overall playstyle in almost every game is that I cant play things that are slow and tough. I cant tank. As a bomber, I cant really see any vehicles to destroy (or enemies for that matter). I just fly in loops resupplying bombs but never really kill anything. Meanwhile there are inevitably fighters and AA guns trying to kill me and no one spawns in my plane to help out. It never ends well :P

Well, best thing to do now is just practice. And lots of it. You can fly in the Practice range, that could help get used to flying and shooting other planes. But give it time and you will improve. If you're just doing this for an assignment, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • GeneralXIV

Huh. Is the Mark A that much better? I didnt think there would be a difference.

he literally said he wasnt the best pilot and was doing so because of assignment. and he's still better than most randoms i encounter

*she

And yup. I dont really fly that often tbh. Its often weeks apart that I even try :)

Either that or go hunt the new Mosquito as they go down pretty quickly (got 4 using a fighter in one round earlier).

The new Mosquito goes down real nice, especially when people just started getting them, I downed 23 in one match on Fjell. It was awesome.

--

Well, best thing to do now is just practice. And lots of it. You can fly in the Practice range, that could help get used to flying and shooting other planes. But give it time and you will improve. If you're just doing this for an assignment, I wouldn't worry about it.

I didn't know you could fly in the practice range :o Ive only tried it once. It felt a little pointless to me. I was just shooting endless targets :P
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Who cares? He asked why this happend and looks like he think that stuka is immortal. I told him that he shooted in the air and used crap model of fighter.
  • Mr_Deviouss
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For some reason all I done was shoot recon beacons when I seen them and they counted as a vehicle
  • Jamesonoid
    edited March 14

Huh. Is the Mark A that much better? I didnt think there would be a difference.

*she

And yup. I dont really fly that often tbh. Its often weeks apart that I even try :)

--

I didn't know you could fly in the practice range :o Ive only tried it once. It felt a little pointless to me. I was just shooting endless targets :P

Yeah, the practice range isn't great, but you could fly without any worries and just get acclimated to flying. It also has AI planes you can shoot down.

The Spitfire VA is a more suited to air to air while the VB is better for air to ground. The VA can have 8x.303 MG's that just chew through planes and an air radar to boot. The VB can have 8x Dumb fire rockets, which can take out tanks and other ground targets.
  • ElliotLH

--

Ah that's a pity - I was asking as you can change teams on Xbox One.