Trying to figure out why BF V is no fun anymore

Texator
95 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I really wonder if you are the same guys who made BF 3 and 4. Those two games was fun to play but on BF V i lost my fun after 4 months.

I am an infantry player, mostly. But for infantry it is less fun whenever you add something to the game. Last update this skill-less artillery barrage and this really op mosquito.
Also the rocket spam at the end of the round is too much.
What we need most is new maps not op planes.

For now i decided to semi quit the game (doing only the weekly unlocks) till you either balance the game or let people rent server and give them the option to customise the servers.
You should play your game and then Apex and War Thunder, both are free to play and better balanced, the air combat in War Thunder is amazing. So if you forgot how to make a fun game just learn from others.

Comments

• Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's not fun about the core of the game is the fact that they pushed battle royale features and stuffed it into a non battle royale game modes.

Low ammo on spawn, needing g health packs to regen am o, last night I took 86 points of health damage and without a pack I went from 14 up to 45.

How is that fair, I dont know but it's seriously messed up.

The fast time to kill makes it so if someone's behind you, there is almost zero time to react, once I get a bullet to the back, I stop running and get ready to respawn, it's life over.
  • G-Gnu
    1383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game becomes not a bit better with stupid stuff like the arty call , new name is Randomfield the shake your screen every 30 sec in Rush and then some V.
  • Noodlesocks
    2645 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me the game doesn't show any signs of really going anywhere. It's been months since launch and a lot of issues with the core gameplay as still present and Dice Sweden aren't talking about them. It's difficult to stay engaged in the game when there's no indication of a future.
  • J_Musseman
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    Yeah this game is **** let all the brainwashed EA morons try to tell you other wise. Worst battlefield in the series. Don’t think i really blame DICE I think EA is just pumping out unfinished and just plain bad games.
  • GP-Caliber
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    because the maps are bad, i have been level 50 since first week, to few maps and weapons. and all games are one sided. the game is just plain boring
  • SlowOldWarrior
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure either, something is off - I thought that it was the lack of armor, but OP plays infantry. BF3/4 were addicting, couldn't wait to play. I am not "quitting", but I really only log on to grind out the weekly unlock.

I'm hoping it gets better, there have been some improvements, but the addictive qualities are missing.
  • Key2Destiny
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 is no fun because it's a bad game at it's core made by people who don't care for the game anymore. The franchise should just die already.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -TTK too fast for a core mode -> not fun :#
    -Cancer community prone in redzone not PTFOing -> not fun :/
    -Visibility issue + 3D spotting gone -> not feel like a battlefield core mode :'(
    -Netcode + 30hz server on console, lag compensation always active -> definitily not good at all :D
    -OP DMR NO RECOIL -> uh, an assault! i'm wondering what type of weapon did he use... ? :o -> more horizontal recoil on DMR needs to be added, they can outclass sniper at long range...
    -Ping limit / region locked server needs to be added
    -Heashot hitbox too big for the damage they make ( decrease HS multiplier or decrease the hitbox ) ;)
    -Aim assist still present on console -> super fun with a super fast TTK... :D
    -Useless vehicules, they are too weak ( can't repare full health without ressuplying ) -> super fun when there is 6 fighters in the air ! / tank hunter camping in redzone & 80% of the enemy is playing assault ... :*
    -Planes can't turn, even BF1 planes turn faster and better ! / tank turret can't turn fast, 3rd person in tank is a pure mess -> not fun
    -Attrition ... always dying because you engage an enemy not being full health, always looking for health/ammo :(
    -Too much animation, ( they need to remove the animation from medic's revive & the exit of the vehicule )
    -Better audio mix -> can't hear clearely enemy sprinting at 5m & weapons sound was better in bf1 , HS ping from BF1 was eargasmic
    -Better map design ( more verticality/more cover/less open lines )

-> This game is not fun for the moment, he makes me love BF1 ... ;)

BFV should be BF1 without random bullet deviation -> it will be perfect/ fun / balanced :* o:)

If they do all this change it will become the best battlefield out there ( in gameplay not map design ) :)

• Blackie03
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For myself it's no fun anymore because there are no Clan servers anymore! I liked returning to the same clan servers where you get to know people and see familiar names. And the cheaters were kicked!!!!
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there's lots of reasons but a few main reasons imo

-lack of maps

-lack of factions

-lack of weapons and variation

-lack of content overall. including destruction and most of WWII.

I could list more.
  • bloodprizm
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Call my crazy, but I think it'a pretty damn good Battlefield game.
  • Stalinium9
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    low ttk
  • y_j_es_i
    1303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Texator wrote: »
    I am an infantry player, mostly. But for infantry it is less fun whenever you add something to the game. Last update this skill-less artillery barrage and this really op mosquito.
    Also the rocket spam at the end of the round is too much.
    What we need most is new maps not op planes.

For now i decided to semi quit the game (doing only the weekly unlocks) till you either balance the game or let people rent server and give them the option to customise the servers.
    You should play your game and then Apex and War Thunder, both are free to play and better balanced, the air combat in War Thunder is amazing. So if you forgot how to make a fun game just learn from others.

@Texator

I disagree about the artillery barrage and mosquito.

The artillery barrage is very interesting when things are stuck in a stalemate and let's be honest, we need more scorestreaks or whatever they're called。

Have you actually used the new mosquito? It’s fighter bait. All German aircrafts can shred it with ease. Even Maverick couldn’t survive a double team in one. It’s very good on the offence and the 6lbs cannon needs nerfing, but aside from that it’s a high risk, high reward choice.
    Interestingly, it’s quite possibly the best thing that the devs have done to help the tank camper situation. The mos is the best anti-tank ‘thing’ in the game and next ToD war week’s German JU will probably serves a similar purpose. It’s not an ideal solution but ****, Dice can’t seem find a better one

As for why BF3 and BF4 lasted longer, I think that’s primarily down to how much more content in the form of maps and weapons they had. Rn in BFV everyone’s got all the weapons they like levelled up to max and we’re bored of the maps. Personally, I also feel that the lack of more urban maps with gunfights in closer quarters leaves us dealing with too many maps where random prone campers in bushes and dark corners (probably touching kids) can cover vast expanses with little fear of someone popping up behind him and sticking a knife in his a**. As a result, we’re having to put up with more random camper c***s which just pisses people off
  • LeesSummit09
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think artillery barrage adds some strategy as when is the best time to use it, also some variety. Game for me comes down to being on a good team or having two comparable teams opposing each other. When that happens, game is fun, just doesn't happen enough. It seems the bad teams in this game are always REAL bad and then the game sucks. Except for balancing issues, most of the time, not the games fault.
  • maggoo8
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    If I had to pick one thing above everything it would be the maps. My faction was discussing this the other day online. We just don't get that excitement level and anticipation like we did in BF1 & BF4 when our favourite maps were loading up. That excitement level used to last throughout the entire map. Now I don't really get excited about any map and would struggle to pick a favourite.

The game to me also doesn't feel like I'm in a full scale war zone anymore. It was one of the things that really attracted me to this game originally but in BFV for some reason it just doesn't feel the same.
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    -Attrition
    -Physicality
    -Intentionally terrible vehicles
    -non integrated gameplay design decisions (for example vehicles are supposed to take support to work well, but allies can't fix the mobility kills anyway making this futile WTF!?)... basically overall mechanics don't align with what DICE said about the gunplay mechanics being skilled based or team based. They want skill based play... but the V1 can kill you through a large building. Bombers get a 3rd person bombsight they never had before... but 3rd person tank sights are intentionally broken.... WTF? Who ever wanted stronger bombers in battlefield ever?
    -4 man squads are dramatically inferior to 5 or 6 man squads ---- and screw the 64/4 argument, people can lock squads and never in my life have I seen a round with 100% full squads of battlefield. 4 person squads make the player weaker EVEN IF THEY PLAY AS A TEAM.
    -animations, which are a major part of physicality, are utter horror. The people I see who say they like them mostly seem to be the type of person who plays the game 20-30 hours and then stops....

DICE in it's own words made the biggest changes in battlefield gameplay in a long time. The fact is they made a web of changes that aren't fun and veered too far away from the proven battlefield model. The game doesn't feel fun because it's not that much fun. The gun play is fun, everything else is outright terrible.

It'd be easy in theory to veer back from this and keep all the content and the gun play basically everyone likes. But I'm only now getting a hint DICE has any idea why people are abandoning ship, and well, even if they start making changes how many months will that be? Other battlefields had strong launches so a strong core was left a year down the road when major balance changes were implemented. I'm not seeing that for BFV. It seems worse after 4 months then BF1 was after 1 year, and BF1 dropped players much faster then BF4 did. BF4 had more daily players after 1 year then it did after 1 month, and while that was linked to the bugged as hell launch, the fact is it had to be good to hold players at all, let alone get people to buy it when it was no longer new.

Funny how BF4 had all these strong powerful vehicles and decent transports, almost no player animations.... and yet has retained such a strong following EA would mention it during a 2019 earnings call.... geeze it's almost like the first decade plus of battlefield got something right.
    Post edited by CaptainHardware on
  • Hawxxeye
    5173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me battlefield was primarily about mixing vehicles to the First person shooter gameplay.
    However in BFV the vehicles have much more sluggish physics, limited ammo and limited repair ability without returning to a station.
    Meanwhile they have additional limitations like that systemic damage where the movement speed of the vehicle, is mobility and ability to fight back becomes compromised.
    All that would be fine in a void of their own but...
    Enter the infantry!
    The infantry look like if they belong to an entirely different infantry exclusive game! Their movement ignores a lot of the laws of physics (unlike the vehicle movement)! They can constantly remain on the move and no matter the injury their ability to move and fight back is not compromised until they are killed, even if they die they can still get revived within a small window.
    Above all the assault! It has the best close range weapons (shotguns still suck), the best mid range weapons and semi autos that beat the recon semi autos! Just when you think that it is enough for a class to have the best anti infantry capability you noticed that they also carry enough explosives to potentially blow up several vehicles with the right loadouts!
    This is not one game! It is a basterdization of two separate games, a vehicle one and an infantry one with each type obeying to a different set of rules and the infantry being more favored with all the tools to deal with the vehicles of the ground and to also put a dent to the vehicles of the air.