Weekly BF

AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't know why they were buffed in the first place. Nobody was asking for it and they were plenty deadly before. Just hoping Dice Sweden doesn't have one of their typical over-reactions and nerf it into uselessness.
  • DCAT627
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines don’t need a nerf (they are nowhere near as powerful as claymores were in bf4). I rarely get killed by them and if I do I just tip my hat to the sneaky Pete who laid them and move on. Frankly supports will just equip the grenade launcher which I find way more annoying.
  • zetamen21
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    Time to abuse this ****. if developers so bad what allow it, why not
  • ADropOfPoo
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Don’t know why they should be nerfed. They’re easily spottable, even killed a guy with his own AP mine today. And if I can’t see them and I step on it, hats off to the guy who placed it. Although I do agree you shouldn’t be able to place them in front of a supply station.
  • marcanthony421
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bloodprizm wrote: »
    Why do you clowns want to nerf everything? Play. Adapt. Think ahead.

Ap mines are an unpredictable variable therefore limiting one’s ability to think ahead. This is a game that is supposed to be fun, now if you’re a passive player who moves very little I can understand your indifference. But if you are, like most players in this discussion, an active player and move fairly often you would understand that checking the ground and every corner for mines is not something you can realistically do. No one will expect an ap mine in the middle of the road while running away from gunfire. Take away the ohk, let only snipers have them, and make it so you cant place two in the same blast radius.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    I only used them when needed for the daily assignment. After this thread I'm even using them as support which I wasn't doing in the past. It went from almost zero kills to it being soon my #1 gadget in no time. Especially in Rush defense I make sure to have three placed around the objective. Thanks to this thread!
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Dice developer has already confirmed the AP mine was mistakenly buffed last update. We're not asking for a nerf. We're asking for it to be reverted back to what it was.
  • stringy82
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve hardly ever die from them, but just few enough times that I know they are in the game unlike the sniper decoy, I’ve seen that used like once and was like wow cool a scarecrow! Before the patch that buffed the AP Mines, I just placed 2 AP Mines close together to get the kill
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Devastation and Fjell are just mine fields nowadays. AP mines were extremely strong before, there was absolutely no reason to raise the damage. I never saw someone asking for it, not here, not on the subreddit, so why the goddamn buff. 1000 things that need to be adressed, this however, was absolutely fine. Nowadays we have 4-6 ap mines around every ammo supply station, because 3 out of 4 classes have access to it, and everyone gets 2 (!). They are extremely small and only visible because of their glowing. But people figured out quickly, that you can simply place them on the supply crate, and since the supply crate is glowing aswell , it's like looking at a where is waldo picture. There needs to be something done, I'd favor the way ap mines worked in bf4. With visible tripwires, still very deadly, but only if you were dumb enough, to run through them. Right now they are just proximity based killing machines, and frankly cheap kills, nothing more.

Research first, post second. They've already said the AP mine buff was an accident and will be fixed. If you had read any of the previous threads on this topic you'd already know that.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only used them for the assignments/challenges but I seldom die by these things anyway. I shoot a fair amount of them, though. When I first unlocked them long ago I tried them once and found them useless, but the buff seamed to make them a little more worth equipping when I did the recent assignments. Not saying they don't need to be tweaked but I'm surprised how angry people are over them, I don't think they are much trouble.

They worked fine for me before the accidental buff, it just took two to get a kill on someone at 100% health. They are usually visible (with some exceptions) and most of the folks who die to them are the ones who constantly hold down their sprint key. Slow down and look is the way to avoid dying to AP mines unless someone has really taken the trouble to hide them.
  • parkingbrake
    So I just found out that once you die your AP MIne is still active lol never used them that's why I'm so late to the party. That's so dumb they should go away once you die. Also how many can you place at one time??

They're the way mines have (almost) always been in BF, they stay in place after you're dead. What logical reason would there be for mines to disappear when you die? DICE did experiment with Claymores disappearing upon death a few games back, but it made no sense so they changed it. Slow down and use you eyes, AP mines will become a rare annoyance.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zetamen21 wrote: »
    Time to abuse this ****. if developers so bad what allow it, why not

I certainly am making the most of it before it's nerfed in to uselessness. I'm going to camp with my AP Mines and MMG again like last night - sorry it's causing all sorts of rage - the abuse I get like from you last night makes me feel..... fine :smiley:
  • DCAT627
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Ap mines are an unpredictable variable therefore limiting one’s ability to think ahead. This is a game that is supposed to be fun, now if you’re a passive player who moves very little I can understand your indifference. But if you are, like most players in this discussion, an active player and move fairly often you would understand that checking the ground and every corner for mines is not something you can realistically do. No one will expect an ap mine in the middle of the road while running away from gunfire. Take away the ohk, let only snipers have them, and make it so you cant place two in the same blast radius.

If you want every variable to be predictable play single player mode.

You don’t need to check around every corner for mines, you’ll just get killed by them once in a while (but probably more often by an enemy hiding there), so what?

Battlefield 101: Don’t run down the middle of the road, do things people don’t expect.

A lot of people on this forum seem to want nerfs for weapons they get killed by but don’t use themselves rather than just adapt and deal with it.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

whats the difference between claymores in previous titles, or AT mines that ohk vehicles? Pretty sure if you took anyones number of mines placed, to mine kills, the number would not represent a problem. Merely zerges of players who think they are tactical running down a street from flag to flag. Pretty sure I'd run circles around you in any mode, but by all means, nerf the AP so I'll run nade pistols and just tube you and self reupply.
  • CaptHotah
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    One of the solution i would love to see implemented is so the mines take longer to blow. That way if you got good reflexes you can excape death.
    Post edited by CaptHotah on
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    One of the solution i would love to see implemented is ao the mines take linger to blow. That way if you got good reflexes you can excape death.

you have an audible indicator, which is the only thing in this game that gives you a warning. Have you tried going prone at audible que? If so, what would you do with longer time? Just run away? How is that responding to anything?

This discussion has been closed.