Time for a new look at TTK?

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    DyD6Marina wrote: »
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    It's funny on the entire forum there are maybe 10 players want higher ttk.

You are overstimasting your importance for Dice/EA and lying will not change this.

But probably this is the problem.

Tell that to the sales persons at EA :D

Not in top 40 with sales and servers getting more empty every day, so no players to sell customizations to.

But not being in the top 40 of sales offcourse is a lie too :D

No problem with you liking hardcore and thinking it takes more skill, but in the end it is about sales and a big population and both are not there.

You talking of only the sales of a failed console.

Instead in the real world Battlefield V sales are over 7 milion 1-2 months ago.

Continue to stay in your fantasy world, you and other guy proof enough you are only troll.

And talking of hardcore you even show, you not know what is a Battlefield, but is normal for people never played it.

7 million means nothing if you're not retaining players. Look at no man sky. Sold millions but in a month the game had died.
    When they make BF6 what game will EA be looking at, BFV or BF1.
    Imo it will be BF1. EA/DICE took a chance with BFV and it flopped. They won't do that again.
    In the end, it's a matter of sales and knowing EA they follow the money and will probably go for a BF1 type of game. Better safe than sorry.
  • Pelliy
    2053 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

You are overstimasting your importance for Dice/EA and lying will not change this.

Not in top 40 with sales and servers getting more empty every day, so no players to sell customizations to.

No problem with you liking hardcore and thinking it takes more skill, but in the end it is about sales and a big population and both are not there.

Continue to stay in your fantasy world, you and other guy proof enough you are only troll.

And talking of hardcore you even show, you not know what is a Battlefield, but is normal for people never played it.

7 million means nothing if you're not retaining players. Look at no man sky. Sold millions but in a month the game had died.
    Imo it will be BF1. EA/DICE took a chance with BFV and it flopped. They won't do that again.
    In the end, it's a matter of sales and knowing EA they follow the money and will probably go for a BF1 type of game. Better safe than sorry.

If I'm being honest, they'll be looking at bf3 and bf4 before looking at bf5 or bf5

Those had bigger maps which people seem to love (I don't) but they also had infantry maps which people loved (I did) plus modern weapons.

BF1 will be the success story of the ww games but both I don't think its the formula to attain better success with bf6. The older titles reasonate more
  • TFBisquit
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    Dream on, dream on. They made BFV with battlefront 2 in mind. Same applies to a possible BF6. Which will be a follow up to this game. Maybe in the present or future. But roughly the same mechanics.
    Same bad netcode, same TTK issues etc etc.
    Oh and lets not forget, the constant nerfing and buffing of weapons leaving the player with a constant changing game. No rsp.
    I feel though, that a longer TTK would hurt several weapons, making them unusable or plain obsolete.
    They have to do a rework of all the weapons and balance them one by one.
  • SirBobdk
    3726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If I'm being honest, they'll be looking at bf3 and bf4 before looking at bf5 or bf5

Those had bigger maps which people seem to love (I don't) but they also had infantry maps which people loved (I did) plus modern weapons.

BF1 will be the success story of the ww games but both I don't think its the formula to attain better success with bf6. The older titles reasonate more
    I dont mean another www game but a game based on the concept of BF1. Probably modern warfare.
    Regarding maps there should be a good combination of huge, large and small maps.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    Lying noobs really like this ttk, 3x scopes and laser accuracy.

Enemies can't shoot back when you see them first and the noobs can camp like crazy, what else do noobs want... ?

Many people have a very strange sense of 'skill'. They think it is only defined by ''who ever aims the best with the best weapon wins''. Basically, it boils down to
    the mere point and click style resulting in who gets the fastest headshots, like in dates games like CounterStrike.

Boring, right? Yet the TTK we have now is geared towards that style of gameplay. Little to no recoil, 0% sway in this game, its really crazy how backward DICE approached the gunplay in this game.

Basically counter strike is the only real competitive multiplayer fps.

If you find boring ok, but this is fact.

Sure no recoil or maybe is because now can be countered and isn't random, no random sway, all thing make the gunplay need more skill.

If you want random games there are cod and battle royale, but Battlefield isn't anymore a casual game like the previous(bf1943-bf1).

So, according to your logic, they want the game to be easier for them so the challenge is less so they can be more 'skillful'. Its weird how conservative and narrow minded the competitive scene is.

And that's quite sad. Competitive doesnt mean dumbed down mechanics in my book.

All these features that were in BF4, BF1 are now largely gone in BF5. Features that made aiming harder and thus made it more skillful in that aspect. BF5 is more casual now than the previous BF games.

The result is a casual game with dated shallow gunmechanics that tend to go boring fast, and will not hold players for long. Funny how much this game resembles CoD now.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE lost it's way with BF5. It resembles more like COD now than any other previous BF game. Same dumbed down gunmechanics. Guess DICE and EAgames really went for the fast money with this one.
  • disposalist
    8324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow you're feeding that troll til he's stuffed.
  • VVaxDaddy
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow you're feeding that troll til he's stuffed.

My troll radar is not very good so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now. Plus with what I've seen whenever ttk comes up I'm pretty sure some people share those beliefs and I disagree with some of the fundamental impact to gameplay those specific suggestions have.
  • maggoo8
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maggoo8 wrote: »
    I just don't understand the arguments in support of a lower TTK making the game more skilled. It appears people believe it takes more skill to shoot an enemy less. It's definitely hilarious that's for sure. The character movement is slow? I would also argue that the character movement was slower in BF1 & BF4. Some players don't want rushers to be able to run around the map and survive. Are these so called rushers not actually playing the objective and therefore doing what the game mode requires? Attacking objectives and capturing them for their team? No we certainly don't want that in BFV.

If you're not skilful enough to put one or two more bullets into your target when they are on the move, then maybe you don't deserve the kill but BFV rewards you with the kill anyway. Do we want to define skill by the way players are forced to move around wide open maps checking for enemies that you can't see proned with laser beams that have no recoil or should it be about weapon management? Unfortunately the skill requirement for using guns in this game is all but gone compared to other BF titles I have played. The gunplay in this game is about as shallow as I have ever experienced in any game I have played.

I think it's easier to get kills in BFV than it ever was in BF1 & BF4 but having said that it is a lot less satisfying and fun.

A comment like this show all the wrong ideas are in some players.

You are really confused, first on movement, in bf4 rushing was alot more quick and side step different is irrilevant.

No rushers are only play this game like cod, a Battlefield you must move slow to objective, think, check the maps, kill enemies from distance and than advance to objective, if you want a cod there is cod.

Again two bullet more is only a way to save the rushers, not need more skill, reflex and quick accuracy is a skill, not correcting aim after errors and give rushers a chance to run away.

The gunplay need skill now, more quick accuracy, more reflex, i can understand can be difficult to control it, but Battlefield can't be a cod-like game anymore and lying about it not change the situation.

It's incredible how casuals game like cod, casuals battlefield and fortnite ruined this community.

It is actually surprising to me that the movement speed is the same was BF4, it has been a while since I have played BF4 but BFV feels very fast paced to me. I wonder what the speed was for BF1.

So anyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong? It's very obvious that you prefer the game how it is. Long range engagements with low skill guns that casual gamers could dominate with, and the last thing you want is players being able to get up in your face. You want to be able to shoot them at a safe range. Then on the other hand you talk about how skilful this is.

It sounds to me like you are actually describing a hardcore mode
  • DigitalHype
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is a closet cheaters paradise. Fast TTK, low visibility, minimal spotting. Never has a closet cheat had as much advantage in BF, as they do with BFV.
  • Pelliy
    2053 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is a closet cheaters paradise. Fast TTK, low visibility, minimal spotting. Never has a closet cheat had as much advantage in BF, as they do with BFV.

You're not lying. I have more difficulty discerning who's closet cheating in this game vs BF1. Sometimes I really can't tell where I could tell like more often than now in bf1.
  • Thebeau1771
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    COMBAT SHOULD BE SLOW PACE & IT SHOULD BE HARDCORE.
  • SirBobdk
    There should be rental servers, so we could decide how we want to play and not try to place everyone in the same box.
  • Thebeau1771
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There should be rental servers, so we could decide how we want to play and not try to place everyone in the same box.

Minimum they make a pre set for hardcore. Rental servers just mean that only the hardcore players would have to adjust & pay for servers(mainly) so they can play the game mode they want. Which to me is unfair. They had Hardcore preset in BF4 and haven’t since then. Why?
  • SirBobdk

Minimum they make a pre set for hardcore. Rental servers just mean that only the hardcore players would have to adjust & pay for servers(mainly) so they can play the game mode they want. Which to me is unfair. They had Hardcore preset in BF4 and haven’t since then. Why?
    Agree. There should be servers for hardcore players even if I don't play hardcore.
    But it wouldn't just be for hardcore players. Some would maybe like to play with TTK 2,0 and 3d spotting and 24/7 twisted steel. I don't know, We all prefer different things and right now we have to play the way DICE thing we want to play and it really don't work imo. One of the good things about rental servers was that you could find a server that fit you and play with people who played the same way as you. I had the best time playing on rental servers where I got to know the players and their way of playing.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

IMO, they shouldn't look to much at BF4. For the next BF I hope they decide that BF3 & BC2 need to make a baby :open_mouth:
  • SirBobdk
    Corrupt_be wrote: »

IMO, they shouldn't look to much at BF4. For the next BF I hope they decide that BF3 & BC2 need to make a baby :open_mouth:
    I would vote for that :smile:
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Well, i don't like Hardcore Mode, and most by far do not. That's why that mode has had very low playercounts, if not literally dead (BF1).

I think if many folks would have known it as a Hardcore Mode BF, they probably wouldn't have bought it, and likely why they're dealing with low playercounts, just like those modes. And if they don't want the playercounts to be what they were on HC mode on BF1 by summer, they may want to change it right quickly.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just don't understand the arguments in support of a lower TTK making the game more skilled. It appears people believe it takes more skill to shoot an enemy less. It's definitely hilarious that's for sure. The character movement is slow? I would also argue that the character movement was slower in BF1 & BF4. Some players don't want rushers to be able to run around the map and survive. Are these so called rushers not actually playing the objective and therefore doing what the game mode requires? Attacking objectives and capturing them for their team? No we certainly don't want that in BFV.

If you're not skilful enough to put one or two more bullets into your target when they are on the move, then maybe you don't deserve the kill but BFV rewards you with the kill anyway. Do we want to define skill by the way players are forced to move around wide open maps checking for enemies that you can't see proned with laser beams that have no recoil or should it be about weapon management? Unfortunately the skill requirement for using guns in this game is all but gone compared to other BF titles I have played. The gunplay in this game is about as shallow as I have ever experienced in any game I have played.

I think it's easier to get kills in BFV than it ever was in BF1 & BF4 but having said that it is a lot less satisfying and fun.

A comment like this show all the wrong ideas are in some players.

You are really confused, first on movement, in bf4 rushing was alot more quick and side step different is irrilevant.

No rushers are only play this game like cod, a Battlefield you must move slow to objective, think, check the maps, kill enemies from distance and than advance to objective, if you want a cod there is cod.

Again two bullet more is only a way to save the rushers, not need more skill, reflex and quick accuracy is a skill, not correcting aim after errors and give rushers a chance to run away.

The gunplay need skill now, more quick accuracy, more reflex, i can understand can be difficult to control it, but Battlefield can't be a cod-like game anymore and lying about it not change the situation.

It's incredible how casuals game like cod, casuals battlefield and fortnite ruined this community.

It is actually surprising to me that the movement speed is the same was BF4, it has been a while since I have played BF4 but BFV feels very fast paced to me. I wonder what the speed was for BF1.

So anyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong? It's very obvious that you prefer the game how it is. Long range engagements with low skill guns that casual gamers could dominate with, and the last thing you want is players being able to get up in your face. You want to be able to shoot them at a safe range. Then on the other hand you talk about how skilful this is.

It sounds to me like you are actually describing a hardcore mode

It's the animations man. It's not the movement speed. BF's 4 and prior, had much better animations, and made it seem you were really running, where as starting with BF1 and now, the movement system became very slow and clunky, at leasst how it's visualized.

It seems what DICE did, is went the DICE LA route , whereas if you played the MOH Campaigns (Danger Close now DICE LA) MOH 10 and Warfighter (even Airborne), the movement was very even frustratingly very slow and clunky feeling, even though the ""speed" may be the same. In fact, playing BF1 for the first time, the speed and animations, felt identical to MOH.