Weekly BF

Re-Nerf the AP mines.

Comments

• ballFetcher
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The gaming industry as a whole work very different from other industries and the problem isn't specific to developers or countries but rather to how their parent companies operate (EA in this case). Rants about a studio in town x or y is useless, if anything its an American trend forced on Dice.
    Keep in mind that thanks to EA releasing BF4 before it was ready that game had a disastrous launch, being clearly unfinished and massively broken. EA directed DICE Sweden to drop everything but repairs to BF4. But eventually (when the repair process wasn't moving fast enough) they brought in DICE LA and took advantage of Visceral's work on BF Hardline to complete the repairs--the two American studios finished the job the studio in Sweden could not. So it does seem that some studios are better at certain things that others. In the case of DICE Sweden it seems that a lot of the old, more experienced devs have moved on in the past couple of years, and the current staff are having difficulties (reportedly with Frostbite) which is why we've seen old problems that were fixed in previous titles resurrected in BFV.

Much of the problem with BFV is EA keeping DICE on a tight budget, and EA not knowing how to handle Live Service. But there also seems to be a lack of vision at DICE lately, the poorly-designed UI being a good example.

Again, a lot of this should properly be blamed on EA, not DICE. But that doesn't mean that DICE has no responsibility.

I remember this as well, i stopped playing bf4 for a whole year until it was working (even forgot it completely). However, the reason things got fixed that time surly can be contributed to more developers and a higher budget rather than town x or studio y. Two studios work faster than one.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    They aren't used tactically, they are either used to farm supply boxes or dropped into dark corners and rubble where they are impossible to see.

Drunkkze has confirmed that the stealth buff was an unintended change and will be fixed. Prepare to have your cheese taken away.

I use them tactically. I don't always just drop them somewhere where I think an enemy might run through.

Oftentimes I'll use them to cover a retreat or my flank.

Enemy player rushing me? No problem. I'll just run around this corner and leave a present or two on the ground along the way. Even if they notice the mines, it'll at least slow them down so I can make my retreat when needed.

How are those not tactical applications?

Of course there are exceptions. Though your usage will not suffer when they are restored/nerfed. I tried them yesterday, got a dozen kills in a short Rush match. Absolutely wrong.
  • bran1986
    5764 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    They aren't used tactically, they are either used to farm supply boxes or dropped into dark corners and rubble where they are impossible to see.

Drunkkze has confirmed that the stealth buff was an unintended change and will be fixed. Prepare to have your cheese taken away.

I use them tactically. I don't always just drop them somewhere where I think an enemy might run through.

Oftentimes I'll use them to cover a retreat or my flank.

Enemy player rushing me? No problem. I'll just run around this corner and leave a present or two on the ground along the way. Even if they notice the mines, it'll at least slow them down so I can make my retreat when needed.

How are those not tactical applications?

Of course there are exceptions. Though your usage will not suffer when they are restored/nerfed. I tried them yesterday, got a dozen kills in a short Rush match. Absolutely wrong.

I kept getting red skulls on my screen every time you got a kill with one lol.
  • filthmcnasty
    532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't renerf them. Period
  • bran1986
    5764 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They weren't meant to be buffed lol, they are getting fixed next patch.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

They weren't meant to be buffed lol, they are getting fixed next patch.

No more OHK.
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Is there a way not to let scum bags place them in front of the ammo and health stations? Put some kind of radius around them or something?
  • DingoKillr
    3683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is there a way not to let scum bags place them in front of the ammo and health stations? Put some kind of radius around them or something?

Use your grenade then you can get anew one off the station.
  • Trokey66
    8561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Use your grenade then you can get anew one off the station.

Stop being sensible!
  • doctorrocktor
    1825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes they are nerfing them,but players will put 2 or 3 in same area now.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i hate running across them, but part of me gives respect for someone using them in random places like i do. so much fun ti hear that sound lol
  • Kattegat_Twin
    832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Is there a way to stop crybabies from being crybabies?
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That’s what I did all the long and am annoyed everyone has jumped on the AP mine bandwagon due to the recent buff.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »

That’s what I did all the long and am annoyed everyone has jumped on the AP mine bandwagon due to the recent buff.

if thats what you did, then the change should not effect you. I dont' see how you can get so annoyed by them if it never affected your playstyle?
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love getting double, triple betty kills ;). Currently I have 1672 bettykills ;). I will make it 10k ;)
  • VOLBANKER
    1047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love getting double, triple betty kills ;). Currently I have 1672 bettykills ;). I will make it 10k ;)
    1672!! That's an amazing number dude :smiley: Nice :smile:

• Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

how many placed mines total?
  • Trokey66
    8561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    According to BF Tracker, I have 390 kills from 2987 AP Mines placed.

Totally OP!