Trying to figure out why BF V is no fun anymore

2»

Comments

• Thebeau1771
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because it’s not hardcore
  • kohagan1942
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Those wailing about attrition with ammo and no health regen need to understand this was a feature in Battlefield 2 and the game was bloody brilliant. Why?

Because the squads worked together in that game, it was never ever an issue like with 2019 's players. if you're finding there's a lack of ammo or health, Be THAT squad player who provides for the team and be a medic if their are none, be a support if your squad lacks.

Before you say, but it can't of been that great because they ditched it for vf3/4, well that's because at thst point the bf series started to chase cod style players and ramped up faster action and line wolf style of play to appeal more to a broader console player base.

• Thebeau1771
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stop trying to appeal to a wider player base(I.e. children) your pissing off the existing community
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because the +40 employees who left were obviously the good ones. Minus the CEO, he can stay away
  • TheyHaveScissors
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Because it’s not hardcore

Because it's too hardcore with the current TTK with casual gamemechanics like no noticeable recoil and no sway or suppression. Shallow, boring, frustrating.
  • uz_bolderaju
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Those wailing about attrition with ammo and no health regen need to understand this was a feature in Battlefield 2 and the game was bloody brilliant. Why?

Because the squads worked together in that game, it was never ever an issue like with 2019 's players. if you're finding there's a lack of ammo or health, Be THAT squad player who provides for the team and be a medic if their are none, be a support if your squad lacks.

Before you say, but it can't of been that great because they ditched it for vf3/4, well that's because at thst point the bf series started to chase cod style players and ramped up faster action and line wolf style of play to appeal more to a broader console player base.

i agree that BF2 was the best in all series . I play BF2 since release date 2005 till the end of its official support date , i like BF3 , BF4 and BF1 .

so you know what ? i really hate this new genderfield V !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • spartanx169x
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What you need to understand is that BF2 was only on PC to quote you "they ditched it for vf3/4, well that's because at thst point the bf series started to chase cod style players and ramped up faster action and line wolf style of play to appeal more to a broader console player base" and I say EXACTLY. Currently this series will not survive without console players. BF2 sold 2.25 million. source- https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Battlefield. There is no way this series will survive with sales figures like that. DICE knew at that time the game would have to change to appeal to console players as you admitted. This series will not survive without the console player base. The current DICE also needs to realize what works for PC players a lot of the time does not work for console players and vice versa. This is an ongoing major issue that continue to cause issues with the game and constant fights within the playerbase.

In a sentence, console players make little effort to play as an effective squad. DICE tried to force it with BFV and now we see the results. IF they continue on this path, the series will die, count on it. I don't expect for BFV to change its current mechanics. The game is the game at this point. But the point of this thread is why the game is not fun and the attrition system is a big contributor to that. For you and those that do enjoy it, good for you. But DICE needs to be informed of how players feel about the game.

Side note. Even now DICE could make a single Conquest gametype with ammo and health the way it was in prior games in an effort to keep dissatisfied players. But they won't and admittedly the game still has issues that need to be dealt with.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its definitely the least fun I've had on a BF game since 2142. I got bored of BF3 quicker than usual but i played that three times as much as I've played this so far.
    I think its possible the TTK and no spotting maybe has something to do with it but not sure, i dont really mind it now but it was very noticeable at first.
    I reckon it probably is the maps and vehicles seem way less fun to use.
    It being hard to see people and the game being more of a camper game than other BF games i think definitely are factors also. I mean to do good (as far as KDR) i personally feel that to have to either be in the zone (i often am not) or be in a really patient mood and camp more than i like to.

The clan that i play with (i dont wear the tags but i play with a lot) have stopped playing it largely. I mean some of those guys game more than me and are way better players than me but many of them that played BF1 everyday for a long time have stopped playing this one quickly.

It is hard to say. Sometimes i can play it for hours but it often gets boring or frustrating quick and its never had the effect of wanting to get home from work and play it everyday.
    It somehow just isn't as "fun" as some other BF titles. Despite some things about it being better than others.

• ackers75
    2269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simply down to frustrating netcode.
    One bullet deaths and I simply have no time to get to cover or if I get to cover I am simply shot behind it.

Not played this mess for a while.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having loads of fun with rush, sure it's not as good as it could have been but it's still rush.
  • trip1ex
    4640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    all of the above. just not a fun game. BFV is just a culmination of many years worth of mixed up priorities.

• CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Those wailing about attrition with ammo and no health regen need to understand this was a feature in Battlefield 2 and the game was bloody brilliant.

Battlefield 2 did not spawn a player with limited ammo or limit how much they could carry. It spawned a player with full small arms ammo, five guided missiles with very long range and the accuracy to hit specific people, or five other explosives, and five very effective hand grenades for every class. That's frigging anti attrition.

Yeah health didn't regen, you also didn't have unlimited sprint and couldn't run firing full auto accurately which meant you didn't have to worry about enemies actually shooting and hitting you in a lot of situations as they now easily can. The netcode and hitboxes were also generally terrible so even if they did aim they still might not hit....

But at least if you were a medic you could also spam health packs on the ground like crazy, while Battlefield V wont even let you choose which person you throw a single pack at.

It is pointless to compare any one aspect of an old game to a new one. A vast web of changes have been made and they make certain changes matter a lot more then they would in isolation.
    [

Battlefield 2 also had 6 man squads. Which was vastly superior to 4 in every respect, even if you could only spawn on squad leader, because it allowed a lot of margin to adapt to changing situations, and made the squad harder to wipe out. Even if the leader died they had a lot of fast vehicle options with no exits animations to use to get back to the action quickly.

BF2 and BFV play nothing alike at all.

• trip1ex
    4640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    - Something for me is that it feels very samey. For whatever reason, each time I played a previous Battlefield it always felt different each match. Is it the destruction or lack of it? Maps feel too similar? Weapons feel too similar? Lack of interesting gadgets?

Yep. SAme here. All of the above and all the above of what others have said. In the end, complete focus on "gun skill" in this game at the expense of everything else. Turned it into a monotonous CS game without the tension of dying that CS has and without the fun and variety BF known for.

I just get the vibe they wanted to make BF an esports game. And so we got a game that could be held up as "skilled" to the esports crowd. Even though BF with 32v32 players never was and never going to be an esports game.

They also seemingly have gone on this "sim" bandwagon as well which has made a lot of the game more boring. Maps with a lot more clutter. Adding animations to things like getting into and out of vehicles to slow it down and make it more realistic. They even make it so you have to get into the correct side of vehicles now. It all adds up to a more boring plodding game that instills that same feeling every time. That feeling of tediousness and monotony.
    Post edited by trip1ex on
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Texator wrote: »
    I really wonder if you are the same guys who made BF 3 and 4. Those two games was fun to play but on BF V i lost my fun after 4 months.

I am an infantry player, mostly. But for infantry it is less fun whenever you add something to the game. Last update this skill-less artillery barrage and this really op mosquito.
    Also the rocket spam at the end of the round is too much.
    What we need most is new maps not op planes.

For now i decided to semi quit the game (doing only the weekly unlocks) till you either balance the game or let people rent server and give them the option to customise the servers.
    You should play your game and then Apex and War Thunder, both are free to play and better balanced, the air combat in War Thunder is amazing. So if you forgot how to make a fun game just learn from others.

You should have done a bit of research, my friend. It's not the same people at all. The old hands that had stuck around all jumped ship before this BF hit the market, and by now it should be obvious why. A simple google search will tell you that most, if not all, of the original DICE employees who handled BF games have moved on to their own company, though I can't remember what they're called.

What's left is a studio reinforced by EA that took it's finger off the pulse of what BF is and isn't, and released a mess.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

HS damage multiplier is way too high ( Way too OP with automatic weapons ), they should remake it like it was in BF3/4/1, Headshot hitbox is also bigger than in BF1 so they should also reduce the HS hitbox like it was in BF1. ;)

Automatic weapons 2 BTK in the head isn't fun for a core mode ! :o

They should never have removed 3D spotting in core mode ! The curent one could be perfect in extreme mode but for the love of god, please ... reimplement 3d spot in core mode ( it discourage camping, help people with visual disability to see the enemy ); Plane vs infantery gameplay feel inconsistent and could be improved with the return of 3D spot !

Diying with 2 or 3 bullet isn't fun because you can't react -> the community will always choose high power weapons among others ...
    Remember there is also aim assist on console and 30hz servers + forced lag compensation even whith optic fiber ... super fun when you can't react and end diying at cover everytime ! :s
    We need ping limit on server (not on all because some person can have connection problem ) and we need the possibility to turn lag compensation off like in previous game. ;)

DMR ( Sniper and assault ) are OP too, they need to add more horizontal recoil, decrease dammage at long range, less velocity & more bullet drop to prevent spam fire at long range ( DMR can outclass sniper at long range right know ) B) -> Sebslader 1916 in bf1 should be the model for DMR in this game ( High power but high recoil and slow firing rate ) ;)

Attrition ( for infantry and vehicule ) is pure mess and not fun anymore, ok it was realistic and something fresh at the beggining of the game but it's not fun anymore, Tank camp in the spawn near ressuply station because they can't repare full health / are always looking for ammo; and planes do one bombing run and are forced return to ressuply at the rim of map ( in vehicule you past your time at looking for ammo and health ... what's a fun gameplay in vehicule oriented franchise ... ) . :#

For the infantery attrition is for forcing teamplay, but nobody is giving health and ammo ( it's super rare on console ) so you always start your gunfight mid life and loose or end diying randomely in one bullet by a prone enemy at 10m ( that you haven't seen because of visibility issue / 3D spotting gone ) the guy is maybe playing with an OP DMR and you can't react because you aren't full health and the superfast TTK -> super fun :D

Audio mix need rework too , you can't ear enemy sprinting 5m around you -> BF1 was perfect for this , and weapons sound seem inconsistant compared to BF1 ... WTF happened ?
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    all of the above. just not a fun game. BFV is just a culmination of many years worth of mixed up priorities.

well said, too much back n forth. DICE should worry about the "discussions" prior to game launch. Not 5 months in and they are just now asking about level caps, maps, gadgets, and vehicles. They are inept at whatever it is they do
  • Luke88gw
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see exit animation is enemy number 1.
    ROTFL

That's why we need rental servers. If you like BF4 rules be free to play with them.

I never liked teleports. Circa 2-2.5 s. of exit animation isnt harming the game more than teleports in BF4 where tankers could kill anyone and hide again. However I agree reviving should be simplier and game should not distract players be showing ammo/health packs.
  • NLBartmaN
    3036 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Doing the ToW assignment for this week right now: 30Hz on console with Rush (andplayers with ping above 60ms) is just not good enough and pure frustration with this TTK, Poor servers and poor Netcode, that is why it is no fun anymore!