EA/DICE be ashamed

OhMy_DrDeath
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Personally, I used to love Battlefield games. So much so that I, and a group of gaming friends, used to run BF3 and BF4 servers which we ran and paid for. Some of you may remember the Oh_My servers, mostly TDM. Just saying, we paid £600 a year to keep them going.
Back then , we could at least rely upon games balancing the numbers of players on both teams. Back then online multiplayer games made sure that at least both sides had the same number of players. Back then goes back to early 2000's for me. If one side had two more players than the other side one would be switched. As it should be. In 2019 this should be easy given that it has been sorted for the last 20 years or so. BUT not EA/DICE programers. Seriously, you cannot get this right in 2019? I have played countless BF V games where the competing teams are so imbalanced in terms of numbers that it makes continuing playing pointless. Every single one of you devs should feel ashamed. All of you that were involved in this games development.
And so should Andrew Wilson be ashamed. You are the person who leads. Start leading or move aside. This basic stuff has been working for years and you guys cannot get it right in 2019? Shame!

Comments

• happydemon
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    I think the fundamentals are there: gun-play, graphics, modes, etc. Obviously there are a myriad of design issues (such as poor map layouts) but the game itself rests on a good foundation.

However, BFV is sorely lacking the features necessary to maintain a community over many years and not hemorrhage players such as custom servers and an aggressive anti-cheat system. The suits at EA only see cost when they think of custom servers and anti-cheat, while at the same time peddling microtransactions across every game in the portfolio. They just don't seem to realize that the only way players will spend pocket cash in a game is if they enjoy it and want to re-visit it. Custom servers are an absolute necessity to have a player base not just next year but the year after and so forth. Maintaining a community for many years (as is the case with BF4) would of course mean more revenue through microtransactions.

Same for an effective anti-cheat. Fewer users will frequent BFV and drop cash on skins if every other game has an aimbotter or ESP junkie. This is hyperbole but you get the idea.

This quandary is not too different from restaurants. Sure, we all know drinks make the most $$$. The suits at EA could tell you that too. But the only way that business strategy works is if people keep coming back. It's the same for BFV. I put the odds of DICE and EA working on features that build a strong community at 50/50. It's not looking good at the moment but they do seem keen on listening to at least some complaints.
  • Td05_RumpleWagen
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    These arrogant hipsters at Dice think they know better than the players. They had a winning formula. Like you I had a group of friends and clans who I played with, the "scene" was "booming" so to speak. Seems like everyone was playing bf3/bf4 and having a blast despite all its problems. I remember watching community content on youtube which had millions of views which was a good indicator of how "hyped" and popular the game was. Now they've changed the formula and took away our servers leaving us with the same boring rotations and same maps and factions. I'm starting to wonder if They will ever even add the Americans, let alone japanese, italians, russians, etc. All they had to do was copy Bf3/bf4 and give us standardized Hardcore mode, instead it seems they spent all their time working on facepaint and outrageous skins.
  • Aditrex
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the game is dead for me and im battlefield content creator sadly must to say the worst bf in history game has so much potential but lazy devs they rushed the game it become only kill farm game nothing else they are adding bombers and tanks instead of maps which is even more sad i went back to bf1 bf4 and besides that having fun in apex just dont play the game and dont recommend to anyone simple
  • TFBisquit
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your regular game of sm I might add.
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is absolutely shameful. I would like to hear EA/DICE response regarding this issue, if they have any integrity left.
  • Stunl3y
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I used to love Battlefield games. So much so that I, and a group of gaming friends, used to run BF3 and BF4 servers which we ran and paid for. Some of you may remember the Oh_My servers, mostly TDM. Just saying, we paid £600 a year to keep them going.
    Back then , we could at least rely upon games balancing the numbers of players on both teams. Back then online multiplayer games made sure that at least both sides had the same number of players. Back then goes back to early 2000's for me. If one side had two more players than the other side one would be switched. As it should be. In 2019 this should be easy given that it has been sorted for the last 20 years or so. BUT not EA/DICE programers. Seriously, you cannot get this right in 2019? I have played countless BF V games where the competing teams are so imbalanced in terms of numbers that it makes continuing playing pointless. Every single one of you devs should feel ashamed. All of you that were involved in this games development.
    And so should Andrew Wilson be ashamed. You are the person who leads. Start leading or move aside. This basic stuff has been working for years and you guys cannot get it right in 2019? Shame!

Spot on
  • Proffitt999
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Perfectly put! Been playing the BF series since launch of Battlefield 1942 and am dismayed at the situation it finds itself in today. The lack of private servers is ultimately killing the game. Loyal players are being short changed. No game balance, no new content, no servers, no hardcore and no explanation. Back in the old days we didn't just have private servers etc. we had one of the most incredible modding communities to boot. Desert combat, Forgotten hope, Galactic conquest, Eve of destruction ensured the longevity and the success of the game.

Where did it all go so horribly wrong?
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Where did it all go so horribly wrong?

GaaS. Season Passes.
    Why would you buy DLC and loot boxes if you could get better stuff for free via community?
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I like the fact that admins could kick problem players and hacks as well as suspicious players.