Sooo... I guess all the controversial changes made in BFV were aimed for Battle Royal(Firestorm).

MinZhuZhongGuo
410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
After watching the trailer..

No 3D spotting, Med pack, Limited health regeneration, extensive customization feature which might be good, but makes the game just doesn't feel like World War 2 in the slightest, etc.

I bet DICE has put more effort into Firestorm mode than all the other core game modes.

And that explains a lot.

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GFD! How do people not know DICE didn't make Firestorm? ALT+F4 on all your houses!
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After watching the trailer..

No 3D spotting, Med pack, Limited health regeneration, extensive customization feature which might be good, but makes the game just doesn't feel like World War 2 in the slightest, etc.

I bet DICE has put more effort into Firestorm mode than all the other core game modes.

And that explains a lot.
    Firestorm has been designed by Criterion Games, another design studio owned by EA, not DICE. Posting without making the slightest effort to find out what you're talking about seems to be a regular theme here, especially among those who have a negative view of BFV.

However I wouldn't be surprised if EA has given Criterion a better budget to work with than DICE is struggling with, they need something to jump start BFV which has been a sales disappointment for EA.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    GFD! How do people not know DICE didn't make Firestorm? ALT+F4 on all your houses!

They are under the same game and IP, they were in development and planning stage together, and they were budgeted together.

Firestorm took resources from Battlefield 5's core any way you spin it. Directly or indirectly, it is undeniable.

If firestorm had never been conceived we'd have more maps, content, and a smoother launch. I'm 100% convinced of this.

Now on that note, I think BR mode looks pretty sweet and am hoping it's a success for the core of the game as well :) cheers.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14

Yeah, because Firestorm is just a totally separate game, with 100% unique assets and mechanics built on a unique engine. DICE definitely had no input.

Unique mechanics of Firestorm, lets see:

Vehicles have limited fuel ----> Players have to find more fuel if it runs out.
    You can pick or armor plates to restore your armor. (Oh yea, there is armor and normal health)
    There are helicopters and boats ---> Absent in the base game.
    There are different types of ammo for different class of guns.
    You can share your current ammo with a squad mate.
    If you're downed, you can still fire your pistol instead of screaming on the ground in agony.

There are a few that I missed for sure.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yeah, because Firestorm is just a totally separate game, with 100% unique assets and mechanics built on a unique engine. DICE definitely had no input.

Unique mechanics of Firestorm, lets see:

Vehicles have limited fuel ----> Players have to find more fuel if it runs out.
    You can pick or armor plates to restore your armor. (Oh yea, there is armor and normal health)
    There are helicopters and boats ---> Absent in the base game.
    There are different types of ammo for different class of guns.
    You can share your current ammo with a squad mate.
    If you're downed, you can still fire your pistol instead of screaming on the ground in agony.

There are a few that I missed for sure.

but they are part of the same game sure they will add some specific stuff but overall they are run by the same engine in the same game so yeah they influenced one another quite hard i'd say.
    or do you really beleive buddy-revives were implemented because DICE wants more team-play. they are here because of BR same with ammo pick-ups.
    say what you want but many changes that were made to BFV from BF1 were because they want to cash in on BR popularity before it dies off. for better or for worse is a whole different story but dont lie to yourself and i bet most of these assets we have seen in firestorm are highly likely to be shoehorned into the core gameplay and DICE has proven they can run different set of stats on different servers i.E when they implemented the TTK changes in december and put in the core playlist.
  • CSO7777
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Attrition was actually planned in some form in BF1 (ammo 2.0) long ago, but got scrapped because it gave an uproar on the BF-forums.

3D spotting was stupid and was already toned down in BF1 compared to BF4 (not shown on minimap when shooting) and it wasn't a part of the first BF-games.

Health not regenerating was already in Hardcore and also regeneration didn't exist in BF1942, BFVietnam, BF2 (and perhaps even more old titles).

And none of the things has anything to do with whether the games feels like a WW2 game or not. This is all game-mechanics and not 'immersive' features.
  • DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

DICE most definitely made much of Firestorm. Do you not realize how much work was put into this before the announcement to give it over to Criteron to work on? Do you think Critereon built all this in 6 months. Criterion was finalizing it. Not doing everthing. There is a ton of DICE code and design work in Firestorm.