Worth Buying?

Comments

• PackersDK
    731 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 15
    This is hilarious!

He asks for an opinion and the thread immediately becomes a warning about not listening to other posters opinions. Apparently stating your opinion these days aren’t enough. The world needs to know you have the right one. And what giant ***** anyone diagreeing is.

Game is worth it a half price. But a glance at the first few pages of this forum will tell you, what issues there are. You decide if you can live with them.
  • ragnarok013
    3031 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Butt hurt whiner? - grow tf up - below is a sample of what to expect if you purchase this game

And......

And........

Edit - and also game breaking fps drops........

Please explain how after purchasing a full priced AAA game that is not functioning as intended can be construed as being butt hurt.

Is the game worth it at half price? Even with all the bugs? Heck yeah! The game is a blast! Take your hurting butt back to mummy and Daddy's basement! LMAO! Kids...

All right, dial it back a little as this is borderline bait @CPTN-Cr4ptastic
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    This is hilarious!

He asks for an opinion and the thread immediately becomes a warning about not listening to other posters opinions. Apparently stating your opinion these days aren’t enough. The world needs to know you have the right one. And what giant ***** anyone diagreeing is.

Game is worth it a half price. But a glance at the first few pages of this forum will tell you, what issues there are. You decide if you can live with them.

Yeah it is hilarious because a few who posted are completely bias about BFV acting as if it's the best thing since sliced bread, and it just may be to them but to the majority from all of the problems that go unfixed and the lack of content it's not. No need to get in a hissy fit about it.

And BFV being worth it at half price is subjective to whoever might or might not be interested in it, after getting burned with the 'deluxe' I wouldn't say it's worth it since the game will do nothing but continually get cheaper, and it would be smarter to wait and see if firestorm flops or not to see if DICE will pump out more content more quickly or come to a hard stop.
  • Woodlbrad
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    Id wait until they atleast update the roadmap around the 25th before you decide game lacks content but at $30 its not a bad deal ppl who preordered deluxe for $70+ like myself got ripped off no fancy 1911 skin or any microtransaction currency.
  • xKusagamix
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    As an FPS game, it's worth it. Not the best out there but it's not the worse also. Shooting mechanic feel nice, take time to learn what's the best setup.
    But if you're expecting an FPS game with epic war feeling, it's sadly not that good compare to BF1, maybe not yet.

There're bugs/glitches, some of them is so fundamental that just doesn't work sometime ("The Deploy Point You Selected Is No Longer Available"), there're cheaters running around (it's not avoidable on PC but the anti-cheating system in BFV is much more worse than the previous games).

There're will be good days and bad days (especially when you try to do some stupid "in one life/in one round headshot kills in objective area" assignments). For better or worse, it's still a Battlefield game with infantry, tanks, planes and other vehicles on a Conquest/Grand Operation/Rush... modes.

I do enjoying the game a lot, but there're still some moments that i find frustrating to keep playing the game. It's hard to know that it's worth it or not, because the community is so devided after the diaster trailers and launch backlash from both sides, i guess that you'll need to try it yourself.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well as some others have said try to watch some online content to see if its to your liking.

As far as i am concerned, i have put in approximately 70-80 hrs and then dropped the game a couple of months ago....so eventually i paid 1euro/hr, which some could say the return was worth it.... When you compare it though to previous game iterations (bf1 i had 1000hrs) it is certainly not what i had hoped for, on the contrary the one time i logged in i a couple of weeks ago it frustrated me within 10 minutes.

Unbalanced classes, crap vehicle gameplay, visibility issues (at least for concole gaming from 5+meters), disturbingly awful UI and menus, limited drip fed content, deluxe treatment etc etc. Not for me.
  • ElliotLH
    8131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While I do enjoy the game I'm not going to dispute the fact that there are lots of issues and frustrations, as is fairly evident in this thread.

The advice I would give would be to see if you can try it first of all before purchasing, or buying it from somewhere with a decent return policy in case you find you don't like it, OP.
  • disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    I'm a long time fan of BF games. I know they have gone downhill with "Being fun" aspect. Is BFV worth buying at half off as it stands today? Considering player count, bugs, fixes, and gameplay. Thank you!
    "downhill with being fun"? Maybe you *will* like BF5 if you think "being fun" is a bad thing! lol

In my not-so-humble opinion, BF1 is the best Battlefield yet, because it managed really well to balance fun with challenge and chaos with skill. BF5 has attempted some kind of competitive-lite, hardcore-lite, BR-ready effort that is frustrating and un-fun much of the time.

Add in the bugs, missing features, lack of content, weird design decisions, clunky UI, etc and, yeah... I don't like it much.

If you want a good BF game still popular, get BF1 or even BF4. I'd probably even prefer BF4 over BF5 and both are probably cheaper.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is BFV worth buying at half off as it stands today? Considering player count, bugs, fixes, and gameplay. Thank you!

Yes..

Its got it problems but I think its worth 20-30 bucks..

• Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    I'm a long time fan of BF games. I know they have gone downhill with "Being fun" aspect. Is BFV worth buying at half off as it stands today? Considering player count, bugs, fixes, and gameplay. Thank you!

No. No. No and god NO.

I'm on Xbox. If I could get a refund for this rubbish I would in a heartbeat.

I've played every Battlefield game released on this platform and I utterly hate this Battlefield.
    • It's bug ridden to the core
    • There's no content (don't believe in this 'live service' rubbish - it's a complete con)
    • The content for Deluxe buyers is not there at all.
    • If you don't play Assault - forget it. This game is all run and gun, the class system is completely homogenized and redundant.
    • 6 months in and we have ONE new map and the story hasn't progressed at all.
    • DICE has done absolutely NOTHING about XIM/Chronus cheats on console and never will

We should get a surge of returning players for the BR experience, but that will wane pretty quickly I'd say.

I play as the heavy Support (MMG) and this game is straight up not fun at all. I only play to do the weekly TOW assignments and the occasional dailies and then log off and find something else to play.

Rubbish game. Not worth the money, even at 50% off. Hasn't improved. Avoid.
    Post edited by Austacker on
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Graphics are nice. That's about all I can say for being nice though. I don't have a favorite map. Medic class has the weakest weapons. Seems i'm killed mainly by snipers or tankers miles away. Or fly boys dropping bombs. Most of the time your waiting in the lobby to load up a game or waiting to get revived waving your arms around. Seems all we do is wait.

Bad Company 2 still stomps all this generation battlefields easily. I still try to get a couple Bad Company 2 games in here and there weekly. NAM was dead last night. I was tossed into a empty lobby. Vanilla maps on conquest I was tossed into a depleted side other team had double our numbers. I should of picked rush. I was in the same boat waiting for $30. I bought BF5 this week. It's so so.

I like playing medic. But feels like I lose most gun fights cause the guns are blah. So playing medic be prepared to get robbed and be moreless just RAMBO reviving or waving your arms around waiting for a revive that's never gonna happen. I gave out more revives then received. Even playing with friends its not like the old days having a few laughs here and there.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I posted zero opinions, just gameplay clips. Funny how nobody quoted me. But if I posted an opinion, with no facts, they would lol. DICE wont even recognize the issues so there you have it.

I have BF 5 because of gameshare on xbox. This is the first title I didnt preorder or even buy, and I still feel ripped off.

• Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've got close to 200 hours into it and 80% of that was a good time. Just know there are balance issues and bugs, if you can accept that it's a good time.

I would also recommend playing to the meta at first to avoid some of the frustration that comes with that imbalance. That meta in my mind if assault, 3x Semi-Auto, and running with the pack. After you get the hang of the TTK and maps you can start to mess with people in some fun ways. Did you know absolutely no team expects a dynamite trap to be set on resupply stations in their controlled points :-) Mwhahahahahaha
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rifle77 wrote: »
    Too me ? Yes it's well worth it. I would suggest watching some youtube videos and come to your own conclusion though. Asking strangers in the game forum, will not work well for you because half of these people are a bunch of butt hurt whiners who will not give you non biased answer anyhow.

What does this even mean? He asked for an opinion, which is fundamentally a biased answer. Yes, he will get some opinions on these forums that this game is not worth buying. Many people, myself included, feel we didn't get an experience worth the price of admission with BFV. Does that make us "butt hurt" (what are you, 5?) whiners, or people with an opinion (a biased viewpoint) different than yours? Why didn't you just give him a yes or no answer and leave it at that? To answer OP, no, it's not worth it, IN MY OPINION.

you cant explain it to some, the epitome forum fielders
  • disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've got close to 200 hours into it and 80% of that was a good time. Just know there are balance issues and bugs, if you can accept that it's a good time.

I would also recommend playing to the meta at first to avoid some of the frustration that comes with that imbalance. That meta in my mind if assault, 3x Semi-Auto, and running with the pack. After you get the hang of the TTK and maps you can start to mess with people in some fun ways. Did you know absolutely no team expects a dynamite trap to be set on resupply stations in their controlled points :-) Mwhahahahahaha
    Exactly. If you just use the OP stuff, then there's some enjoyment to be had. Great... Not.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Exactly. If you just use the OP stuff, then there's some enjoyment to be had. Great... Not.

I literally said "at first" so the OP could get used to things. The game is playable and enjoyable with every weapon and class if you're not trash. I'm working on all gold shotties, well out of the meta and it might be the most fun I have had.
  • Redstripe101

I literally said "at first" so the OP could get used to things. The game is playable and enjoyable with every weapon and class if you're not trash. I'm working on all gold shotties, well out of the meta and it might be the most fun I have had.

they just buffed shottys, its all i run in rush and im typically top of team. i wouldnt call them out of meta. anythinh CQ in this game and shotguns are def the better option