This Week in Battlefield V

Re-Nerf the AP mines.

Comments

• ackers75
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep let’s nerf a gadget that kills you when “you” run into it!
    What’s next nerfing foliage or maybe doors.
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    According to BF Tracker, I have 390 kills from 2987 AP Mines placed.

Totally OP!

13 out of 70 here. These percentages are not even qualified enough for baseball, lol....

FIX THE AP BUFF BUG NOW! :s
  • Up2you2011
    77 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nerf coming BF Developer tweeted its going to have a different damage cone. So though of you farming easy kills with this...enjoy while it lasts :)
  • ackers75
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I remember when playing modern warfare and everyone used claymores and nobody cried.

Ah the good old days
  • VOLBANKER
    1011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Up2you2011 wrote: »
    Nerf coming BF Developer tweeted its going to have a different damage cone. So though of you farming easy kills with this...enjoy while it lasts :)
    Then the new strategy may become: place mines, camp a few feet away, wait for enemy to run into mines and take damage, then finish him off with a bullet. How does that sound to you? :smiley:
  • ackers75
    Maybe been killed a whole 10 times with an ap mine!
    So people running around like headless chickens get to dictate how the game plays now.
    I give up because it sounds like dice have.
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Shots fired says 17910
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Why can’t I post anything?
  • Trokey66
    8379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shots fired says 17910

Similar ratio to mine, not very impressive for a supposed OP Gadget.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dude, just look where you are walking haha.

This is most insane comment I could read.
    Look at the floor to spot the mines
    Look in the bushes to spot campers
    Look into debris to spot campers
    Look into bodies to spot back lying campers

When is someone able to shoot

There are players now that literally camp and only kill with mines... Rush is best example of this
    One guy without changing a spot had 28 0 killed me 5 times by placing mines in slightly different positions. So please tell me should I be looking for mines or a player that is probably invisible due to how ridiculous this game is and what issues it has

Mines should be only allowed to snipers and 1 at most
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There are players now that literally camp and only kill with mines... Rush is best example of this
    One guy without changing a spot had 28 0 killed me 5 times by placing mines in slightly different positions. So please tell me should I be looking for mines or a player that is probably invisible due to how ridiculous this game is and what issues it has

what about AT mines?
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    I don't really like Rush, but one thing that I love about it, is that defenders never, and I mean never check the armed M-COMs for mines. Yesterday I got so many mine kills by arming an M-COM, sticking some mines down and going about my business (reviving like a ****) and just waiting for those lovely notifications to pop up. Which they did. Repeated through the whole match.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not to mention some classes can lay down multiple mines.

More mines than they are players laid down. It becomes minesweeper.

Only people that use it or don't move doesn't think it needs balance.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Simples … look at the floor to shoot the mines
    Look in the bushes to shoot the campers
    Look into debris to shoot the campers
    Look into bodies to shoot back lying campers
    :D
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love getting double, triple betty kills ;). Currently I have 1672 bettykills ;). I will make it 10k ;)
    Thought I was doing well on 1,393!
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I hate to be that guy, but if the guy never moved and you all knew mines were constantly everywhere around his position, how did an entire team not learn and counter? You couldn't bring the cover down by explosives? No one could take that extra careful step knowing their were mines everywhere? Multiple players couldn't get near this one person to collectively take him out the entire match? I mean, it's hard for me to believe this is an AP mine issue...

That's the mistake being made in this scenario. That its one person placing all these mines. Where actually, its literally 3 of the 4 classes placing mines any and everywhere. That's not a bad thing they're doing that. But that does support the notion it needs to be balanced. If you have even 1/3 of the team laying down mines and some get lay 3-mines at a time. That's literally almost as much mines than they are players on that one team.

~31 mines with all OHKs. That's just if 1/3 is using mines assumed at 3 mines deployed. Imagine if more teammates were using mines..It'll be more mines than teammates.

Sorry, but in my opinion that screams balance. I don't see how people can complain about dynamiting infantry, but yet have no issue with this. At least with dynamite, you have to throw it, pull the trigger , thus longer latency and it has better visibility.

with ap mines, you didn't get that. Hell, sometimes you're just in the radius, you don't trip it and it goes off. I've had instances where I get ammo off the supply station, the AP mine is behind the crate and it triggers and goes off. I have a clip where that happened(didn't kill me though) but that's another issue with the ap mine, but I digress.
  • DingoKillr
    3549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

I hate to be that guy, but if the guy never moved and you all knew mines were constantly everywhere around his position, how did an entire team not learn and counter? You couldn't bring the cover down by explosives? No one could take that extra careful step knowing their were mines everywhere? Multiple players couldn't get near this one person to collectively take him out the entire match? I mean, it's hard for me to believe this is an AP mine issue...

That's the mistake being made in this scenario. That its one person placing all these mines. Where actually, its literally 3 of the 4 classes placing mines any and everywhere. That's not a bad thing they're doing that. But that does support the notion it needs to be balanced. If you have even 1/3 of the team laying down mines and some get lay 3-mines at a time. That's literally almost as much mines than they are players on that one team.

~31 mines with all OHKs. That's just if 1/3 is using mines assumed at 3 mines deployed. Imagine if more teammates were using mines..It'll be more mines than teammates.

Sorry, but in my opinion that screams balance. I don't see how people can complain about dynamiting infantry, but yet have no issue with this. At least with dynamite, you have to throw it, pull the trigger , thus longer latency and it has better visibility.

with ap mines, you didn't get that. Hell, sometimes you're just in the radius, you don't trip it and it goes off. I've had instances where I get ammo off the supply station, the AP mine is behind the crate and it triggers and goes off. I have a clip where that happened(didn't kill me though) but that's another issue with the ap mine, but I digress.

Better visiblity, rubbish. Dynamite has no icon highlighting it. It explosive range is larger and objects don't block damage. On top of it can be placed in far more location like the side of objects. Assault has been now putting all over mcom.

Based on the logic of this thread Assault should only get 1 and should not be 1HK.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »

Better visiblity, rubbish. Dynamite has no icon highlighting it. It explosive range is larger and objects don't block damage. On top of it can be placed in far more location like the side of objects. Assault has been now putting all over mcom.

Based on the logic of this thread Assault should only get 1 and should not be 1HK.

i was about to say, betty is highloghted and basically glowing.

i'd honestly love to see the bf5stats to anyone complaining about them and I'd bet its well below most other weapons they are killed by.

AT and AP mines are the same concept, but person vs vehicle so where is the AT Mine is op threads? Maybe OP should make one
  • sarris_bros-1978
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There is nothing else in the game as skillless and annoying as the AP mine. They are so incredibly easy to use, fairly difficult to spot, easy to kill with, don't disappear when you die and can be spammed endlessly that they seriously need a nerf IMO. Make them 80-90 damage so they can kill an injured enemy but for something so easy to abuse to OHK you at full health is quite incredible.

You will die even if must have placed 2 or 3 of ap mines together!! So it's not mines, it's you!! It's your playstyle!! (are you an assault player??)