Revolver

JDOGMcFUZZL
125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Nerf the freaking revolver. 2 shot kills from a sidearm should never be okay. I honestly think all the sidearm should take at least 1 maybe even 2 more hits to kill someone. Side arms are supposed to be a i ran completely out of ammo im in dire straights kind of a weapon. It should always be an absolute last resort tool.

Comments

• ChiefSniper
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    Nerf the freaking revolver.
    No.
    Next! Lol in all seriousness, it's 'effective', not OP, IMHO.

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah no.
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I role play my weapons per faction. So when I'm axis I may as well throw my.pistol at the enemy.

No thanks.
  • GeneralXIV
    279 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience, the revolver is the only usable one... the sidearms seemed fine in the beta imo. Im not sure what happened after that but most are useless. :P
  • TFBisquit
    1762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care about the revolver. But it's op alright.
    Some use it as primary weapon.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    I don't care about the revolver. But it's op alright.
    Some use it as primary weapon.

If true, then those people are awesome.

It also occurs to me me that those who are complaining about it could just use it themselves. Yea, that would solve a lot of your problems.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's the only truly reliable sidearm. Buff the other ones. Make side arms figure into the game meta and mean something like they did in bf4 and bf1.

This. They're sidearms for a reason. They're supposed to be capable of reliably dispatching 1, maybe 2 enemies if you're really good, at close range. The only sidearm in BFV that can do that is the revolver. All the other ones pretty much require a mag dump to kill, making their TTK excruciatingly long in very crucial moments.
  • Soulbreeze
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Used to one shot people all day with the .44. Should be happy you get 2 shots to react. ;) I've been using the high fire rate 'spammy' pistols and they're pretty weak.
  • thebossman2202
    399 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nerf a six shot slow firing revolver that requires good aim? Heck naw.

• Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you get killed by someone with a revolver you have made a tactical mistake, no doubt about. There's plenty of guns that has faster TTK than the revolver, try using them.

All siderarms except for the revolver are extremely weak and should get buffed imho.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm all for a sidearm buff. Or maybe they need specialization trees like the primary weapons.
  • wiazabi
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No.

But the revolver after buff makes the other sidearms pointless and the ability to oneshot with headshot up to 12m makes it too good when you have recon slr's that require 2 shots regardless of distance.

Reducing headshot multiplier to remove oneshots on full hp players would go a long way to make the other sidearms more attractive.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't wait for the prototype revolver than no one ever imagined, gets placed in the game, it fires an Anzio Annie at the speed of sound and requires a 1 second reload, it also looks like a Hellriegel. Battlefields attention to realistic guns used in period theatres is amazing, wait till we get Iwo Jima, everyone will be flying Super Massive Flying Fortresses and dropping Nuclear weapons because lets face it, they existed. I don't need logic to explain myself... ITS JUST A GAAAAAMEE.... duurr.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was hoping this was gonna be a thread about how cool it'd be if it was as good as the auto revolver in BF1.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    I can't wait for the prototype revolver than no one ever imagined, gets placed in the game, it fires an Anzio Annie at the speed of sound and requires a 1 second reload, it also looks like a Hellriegel. Battlefields attention to realistic guns used in period theatres is amazing, wait till we get Iwo Jima, everyone will be flying Super Massive Flying Fortresses and dropping Nuclear weapons because lets face it, they existed. I don't need logic to explain myself... ITS JUST A GAAAAAMEE.... duurr.

This is why you're temp banned, dude. If you've got nothing constructive, or even coherent, to say, just don't say anything at all.

But yeah, the revolver is only OP when you compare it to other sidearms, and that's because the pistols need a buff not the revolver needs a nerf. You shouldn't have to mag dump at close range. Literally all they need to do is increase the damage a bit and they'd be fine.