Trouble with the fps in game (underperforming)

janekkys98
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited March 14
Hi guys
Do any of you know why am I having such low fps (30-50) when playing BF1. I bought my PC and BF1 last year and from that time I do not remember if I had a pleasure to play with 60FPS. One day I thought that kinda suck and I watched a benchmark with exact same spec as mine. The author of the benchmark test got more than 80 avg fps on medium settings in multiplayer... funny thing is that in singleplayer campaign I have more than 100 fps on medium. My only problem is enormous lags when playing multiplayer. Can somebody tell me what is wrong and how to deal with it. You guys probably are more experienced in that kind of stuff. I dont have internet problems. Below afterburner results and my specs:
CPU
Intel Core i5-7400 6MB cache
RAM
8 GB (DIMM DDR4, 2133 MHz)
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

AFTERBURNER results playing 64 conquest
https://imgur.com/u8897au

Help pls ;//

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    621 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's normal FPS for your system and I'm speaking from experience.

Battlefield 1 uses a lot of CPU power and an i5-7400 just won't provide a smooth experience for this game. I had a 7400 myself paired with a 1060 and 16GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM and I could barely scrape over the 60 FPS range with drops into the 30s (especially in smaller, crowded maps like Amiens). This was resolved as soon as I got an i7-7700K; instant jump of 20-30+ FPS to 90 FPS @1080p Ultra. It also seems from your screenshot that your CPU was maxxed out on all cores.

Is your RAM single channel 1x8GB or is it dual channel 2x4GB (and inserted in the correct mobo DIMM slots)? If you have single channel 1x8GB, then that's also a source of your problem. This game looooves dual channel RAM, we're talking a potential 20 FPS increase from single channel to dual channel here. Your RAM frequency is fine - no need to worry about that.

GPU wise, there's nothing wrong. A 1050ti should be able to handle the game pretty well.

Q: Why are you getting lower FPS now than 1 year before and the benchmark video?

A: Over the course of this game's lifetime, there has been many updates, patches, DLCs and anti-cheat improvements that have had a noticeable impact on FPS. Simply put, as more content (and patches) is injected into the game, your system will require more resources to run at the same level pre-update/pre-patch. If it makes you feel any better, you are not the only one that has suffered FPS wise when returning to the game. Many others have reported to be able to run the game at X FPS a year ago but can only average X-50 FPS now.

Q: Why do I have such higher FPS in singleplayer than multiplayer?

A: Singleplayer (Campaign) requires significantly less resources than multiplayer mode. Large multiplayer modes such as 64p Conquest or Operations put a significantly heavier strain on your system because your system is not only providing calculations on you, but also 63 other, unique players each doing different things at different places. Even if you had a maxxed out i9 system with dual 2080TIs and 128GB of RAM, you would still see a noticeable drop in FPS for multiplayer compared to singleplayer.
  • janekkys98
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Okay I really appreciate your help and I'm thankful for that but there is one more thing...Which cpu do you recomend for BF1?
  • Titan_Awaken
    621 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    janekkys98 wrote: »
    Okay I really appreciate your help and I'm thankful for that but there is one more thing...Which cpu do you recomend for BF1?

An i7-7700K should do you pretty well even if you aren't planning to overclock. If you're looking for a Ryzen CPU, I can't help you there; I am most definitely not equipped with the appropriate knowledge when it comes to AMD in general.

Also just a reminder about the dual channel RAM. This is also very important for good performance in BF1, I cannot emphasise this enough. If you cannot, by any means, get another 8GB DDR4 2133MHz stick, settle for a 2x4GB DDR4 2133MHz installed in dual channel mode.
  • BigF33t_13
    6652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Any modern CPU with more than 4 threads will run this game perfectly fine. If you are keeping your motherboard then like Titan said, a 7700k would work perfectly. If your motherboard doesn't support overclocking, then a non k 7700 will save you a few bucks and still will work fine. And dual channel ram is a must with this this game, so make sure you have 2 sticks of ram in the appropriate slots. The GPU is fine.